Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hifz Experiences

Originally posted by F_R View Post
    2) How do you memorise difficult surahs? For some reason (which i now know why) surah SaaD is a little trickier than the other's. How do you memorise these surahs?
    I only have an answer to this one and the last as I too struggle with the things mentioned in the other points. First of all lol I love Surat Saad, but yes some suwar are just hard for some reason. Surat Al Hadid comes to mind, as does Ash-Shuraa and Az-Zukhruf, but that's really subjective. A very good and knowledgeable friend of mine says Surat Az-Zumar is so tough, but I find that one really easy. Surat Saba', another toughie for me.

For these suwar you just have to keep at it. The way I memorize is read a page over and over, but with the hard suwar, it might take a couple more days to get it right. Really the hard surah is most difficult the first day you attempt it. It's also worth noting that if you listened to it a lot before it will be made significantly easier for you, that's what I like to do. If I know I'm finishing up a surah, the next thing I will always play either in the car or in my mp3 player is the upcoming surah, just so that it feels familiar when I finally sit down to do it.

What has been a highlight or the most benefitting/positive and inspirational factor of memorising the Quraan? What would say is 'doing' it for you or has 'done' it for you?
    The best thing is that it becomes a pleasure to read it and you become satisfied with how you're reading. That's not to say my tajweed is great or anything (it's not), but I have more control over how I read for most suwar and I discover a way I like for them. Another thing I really love is, the Qur'aan is always "stuck" in your head. Some people say a song is stuck in their head after they hear it, but for me it's whatever Qur'aanic verse I happen to have in mind at the time. I don't hum things, I recite ayat at random just because I really like how the reciter I hear says them for instance.

One really interesting thing that happens to me though is when I play Qur'aan in my car. I drive a lot sometimes, and I always have it on though recently I've also started lectures (before lectures were only for when I'm walking). But I never really keep track of what I'm listening to or where it stops, when it's time to get out of the car, I let him finish the verse and turn the car off. The interesting thing is, when I come back to the car, I open the door, a verse plays in my head (if I know the surah). When I turn the car on, that's always exactly where he starts from. It's like subconsciously I keep track of where he stopped even though I never ever intend to. This happens to me a lot.
    والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

"Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

Comment

I have a few questions an would like some advice from those who have completed this journey and/or those on it;

1) how do you balance revision and memorising? Especially when by the Mercy of Allah, He has enabled you to memorise more. How do you keep that balance because i either revise more than i memorise or memorise more than i revise? I've realised that alhamdulilah my revision isn't as difficult/challenging as i'd thought it'd be.

2) How do you memorise difficult surahs? For some reason (which i now know why) surah SaaD is a little trickier than the other's. How do you memorise these surahs?

3) When your productivity sometimes falls, how do you pick yourself up?

4) When you're more into the hifdh process/journey and start finding it a bit more of a challenge, how do you keep your focus straight? Like if you come across some obstacles etc?

(For all) 4) What has been a highlight or the most benefitting/positive and inspirational factor of memorising the Quraan? What would say is 'doing' it for you or has 'done' it for you?
      1) You should have a set number of days during which you go over all that you've already memorised. So you would read x amount of ajza each day in order to achieve that. As you memorise more, that x amount each day will increase, but the total time period should stay more or less constant. The time period should ideally be two weeks, and not more than a month / four weeks.

The amount that you memorise each day should also stay or more less constant. People normally work on pages, so some would one a day; then after some time increase it to you. It's only once you're really good and close to completion that you could take on a significant amount more.

2) It's a subjective thing. For me Surah Saad is one of the easier surahs, alhamdulillah, and one I really like. :) I personally can't recall any surahs being significantly more difficult than any others so can't really help. It would also depend on what makes a surah difficult for you.

Once it's been memorised, then some ajza are harder to keep straight, but that's mostly because of mutashabihat. The more mutashabihat there are the harder it is.

3 & 4) Can't really answer them because I can't relate much to them. Or maybe it's just because I've forgotten...

5) Tasting the sweetness of it.

And knowing the benefits of it. There are too many of them to mention all, but here are a few. The best one is probably this:
      إن لله أهلين من الناس قيل من هم يا رسول الله قال هم أهل القرآن أهل الله وخاصته

You can translate for us in-sha Allah.
      "And thus have We willed you to be a community of the middle way."
      (al-Baqarah: 143)

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

Comment

I read the tafseer which always helps.

Managing difficult times becomes easier with istighfaar, salawaat, sadaqah and dua.

The more you are grateful to Allah swt for allowing you to memorise the easier it becomes Alhumdollilah.

I find, for me there is a direct link between my ability to memories and how much Dhikr I do or not do.

Also its crucial to avoid sinning inshaAllah. Recently we had a family wedding and I kinda slipped a little in terms of my schedule, diet, timing etc etc and subhanAllah, the days following it were torture trying to get back on track again.

When I can't get on track I remind myself of the sacrifice that others have made in many forms, and the reason why Alhumdollilah I chose to pursue this path and the place where I made this intention. And the end goal......keep your eye on the goal, which inshaAllah is the aakhirah!
        Last edited by Jenicca; 08-06-12, 09:30 PM.
        وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Originally posted by Jenicca View Post
          I read the tafseer which always helps.

Managing difficult times becomes easier with istighfaar, salawaat, sadaqah and dua.

The more you are grateful to Allah swt for allowing you to memorise the easier it becomes Alhumdollilah.

I find, for me there is a direct link between my ability to memories and how much Dhikr I do or not do.

Also its crucial to avoid sinning inshaAllah. Recently we had a family wedding and I kinda slipped a little in terms of my schedule, diet, timing etc etc and subhanAllah, the days following it were torture trying to get back on track again.

When I can't get on track I remind myself of the sacrifice that others have made in many forms, and the reason why Alhumdollilah I chose to pursue this path and the place where I made this intention. And the end goal......keep your eye on the goal, which inshaAllah is the aakhirah!
          same thing happened to me recently. family wedding (which i should never have gone to) ruined everything. now i can't find the motivation to get back on track.
          "O you who have believed, shall I guide you to a transaction that will save you from a painful punishment?
          (It is that) you believe in Allah and His Messenger and strive in the cause of Allah with your wealth and your lives. That is best for you, if you should know.
          He will forgive for you your sins and admit you to gardens beneath which rivers flow and pleasant dwellings in gardens of perpetual residence. That is the great attainment"

"And (you will obtain) another (favour) that you love - victory from Allah and an imminent conquest; and give good tidings to the believers"

Comment

Asslamualaikum all

i want to know those who are doing hifdh how many lessons do you take per week and how many hours a lesson?? how many should a beginner starter take with tajweed?

jazakaAllah khairrr!
            Last edited by safzis; 10-06-12, 02:24 PM.
            "Every soul will taste death, and you will only be given your [full] compensation on the Day of Resurrection. So he who is drawn away from the Fire and admitted to Paradise has attained [his desire]. And what is the life of this world except the enjoyment of delusion". 3:185

Comment

:salams

Is it ok to use a tajweed Qur'an??

Do not sit idle, for indeed death is seeking you.

Al Hasan Al Basre [RA]

Comment

Originally posted by AkhRidz View Post

Asslamualaikum lil akhi hav u started hidfh??
                "Every soul will taste death, and you will only be given your [full] compensation on the Day of Resurrection. So he who is drawn away from the Fire and admitted to Paradise has attained [his desire]. And what is the life of this world except the enjoyment of delusion". 3:185

Comment

How am I supposed to find a teacher for hidfh?

Comment

Originally posted by Blossom1x View Post
                    How am I supposed to find a teacher for hidfh?
                    Asslamualaikum

u should call up your local mosque and ask them to recommend u a good hifdh teacher inshaAllah

Comment

:jkk: have you got one?

Comment

Originally posted by safzis View Post
                        Asslamualaikum all

i want to know those who are doing hifdh how many lessons do you take per week and how many hours a lesson?? how many should a beginner starter take with tajweed?

jazakaAllah khairrr!
                        :wswrwb: 2 lessons a week on weekends, one for memorisation and one revision where I say all my stuff, which is really small but planning to go everyday after exams iA. Tawheed you need to find a teacher and see what she says about it, when she feels you are ready to do your hifz them you can start.

Originally posted by AkhRidz View Post

:wswrwb: I use one, helps picturing the pages as I can kinda picture the colours of the words when I read from memory.
                        http://s14.postimg.org/v1lw1cm69/ummahanim.gif
                        Twitter: https://twitter.com/akh_fuaadh

Comment

Originally posted by Blossom1x View Post
                          :jkk: have you got one?
                          are u in the UK sis? today i found a teacher who does hifdh and with tajweed, im going to contact her and ask her how much she charges, but first i need to know how many lessons i should take before asking her anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuaadh View Post
                            :wswrwb: 2 lessons a week on weekends, one for memorisation and one revision where I say all my stuff, which is really small but planning to go everyday after exams iA. Tawheed you need to find a teacher and see what she says about it, when she feels you are ready to do your hifz them you can start.
                            jazakaAllah khair for your reply
                            im on holidays so i am free like everyday, so how many should i take?

Comment

Originally posted by safzis View Post
                              are u in the UK sis? today i found a teacher who does hifdh and with tajweed, im going to contact her and ask her how much she charges, but first i need to know how many lessons i should take before asking her anything.
                              Yes I'm in Uk, but I want to learn tajweed first, I think I might do it online though not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuaadh View Post
                                ohh cant i learn tajweed and do hifdh together at the same time? or tajweed first theen hifdh??

Comment

Working...
                                X