X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hifz Experiences

So do you reccomend I ditch Al fasy?
    Sheikh Husary is slower.

Is it better to stick with only one reciter?
    When I read Qur'an I read alongside Al fasy.

Do not sit idle, for indeed death is seeking you.

Al Hasan Al Basre [RA]

Comment

I don't want to recommend that, it all boils down to preference.

One thing is for sure though, because Al Husary reads slow in his Mujawwad set, that can help to improve your tajweed. Although he has two other sets where he reads medium and fast as well. I mainly started listening to him to improve my tajweed, but then with time I ended up prefering him most of all. The thing about him is that he is slow, and it might seem plain, but every now and then you come across verses he reads with such beauty. For example this verse, if you choose Husary (Mujawwad), that to me is perfect.
      والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

"Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

Comment

:jkk: :masha: 4 that ^^

I read that Surah Ya Sin thread which makes me want to memorise it inshAllah. I'm starting formal hifz at this mosque soon but is it ok to pick a random surah out that I want to memorise in this case Surah Ya sin or will it hamper and cause confusion when I do proper formal hifz?

Is Mujawwad like slow tajweedi reading style then?

Al Hasan Al Basre [RA]

Comment

Originally posted by 786ridz View Post
          So do you reccomend I ditch Al fasy?
          Sheikh Husary is slower.

Is it better to stick with only one reciter?
          When I read Qur'an I read alongside Al fasy.
          It depends on what your capability is and what you wish to achieve from it. What I mean is that, for example, I had already done hifz and could recite with tajweed before I started to listening to recitations, to help solidify my hifz. So I chose a reciter that I like listening to, and one whose recitations stick in my mind, even though his tajweed might not always be 100%. A lot of people recommend Husary, and when I listen to him I can appreciate the fact that he has impeccable tajweed - but his recitations just don't 'do it' for me. So I prefer others.

Your case is different though, in that you're just starting to learn. So for now it might be best to choose someone with brilliant tajweed and focus on that until you can recite properly.
          "And thus have We willed you to be a community of the middle way."
          (al-Baqarah: 143)

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

Comment

Originally posted by the_middle_road View Post
            It depends on what your capability is and what you wish to achieve from it. What I mean is that, for example, I had already done hifz and could recite with tajweed before I started to listening to recitations, to help solidify my hifz. So I chose a reciter that I like listening to, and one whose recitations stick in my mind, even though his tajweed might not always be 100%. A lot of people recommend Husary, and when I listen to him I can appreciate the fact that he has impeccable tajweed - but his recitations just don't 'do it' for me. So I prefer others.

Your case is different though, in that you're just starting to learn. So for now it might be best to choose someone with brilliant tajweed and focus on that until you can recite properly.
            Who did you listen to for your tajweed.

Alhumdollilah I love many recitors but for tajweed etc the only one who seems to stick is Imam Faisal, I think he's a Somalian Imam in Chicago.
            وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

When you can recite with tajweed is that when it starts to sound 'good' then?

Al Hasan Al Basre [RA]

Comment

Originally posted by Jenicca View Post
                Who did you listen to for your tajweed.

Alhumdollilah I love many recitors but for tajweed etc the only one who seems to stick is Imam Faisal, I think he's a Somalian Imam in Chicago.
                No one really, but I would say Abdul Basit or Husari or Minshawi.

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

Comment

When you can recite with tajweed is that when it starts to sound 'good' then?
                  Yes. Some people like to listen to a reciter who recites with a nice tune, and would even want to recite in that way as well. But that shouldn't be the focus. Tajweed is what is important, and any recitation with proper tajweed sounds nice, even if everyone doesn't appreciate that.

Comment

What would be good if we could eg. hear Mishary Al fasy before he became a hafiz and was really good. I think personally that would motivate people like me that would show that your not born a hafiz and an awesome qari but with the years of practice you can.

:jkk: for the site. What exactly does the site do?
                    Well you sign up and give your email. The brother gives you 1 video every limited amount of days so you can learn.

It teaches you about reciting such as styles like mujawwad. It also teaches you how to reduce annoying stuff like nasal sounds.

Overall its a amazing collection of videos that is a must watch for every hafiz and regular quran reciters.

Comment

:jkk: :masha: 4 that ^^

I read that Surah Ya Sin thread which makes me want to memorise it inshAllah. I'm starting formal hifz at this mosque soon but is it ok to pick a random surah out that I want to memorise in this case Surah Ya sin or will it hamper and cause confusion when I do proper formal hifz?

Is Mujawwad like slow tajweedi reading style then?

Mashallah.

If you want to memorise I will recommand Abu Bakr Ash Shatri. If you want to improve the tone of the recitation as well as the tajweed I would recommand Mishary al afasy.

Listen to it as much times as you want and memorise surah yaseen as well. You will begin to notice your voice will change into Junior Abu Bakr Ash Shatri. Listening and reciting the quran has no effect. Make sure you only listen and don't look at the arabic on the youtube videos. When you listen you will be able to visualise the verses on your quran copy.

Watch this it contains many useful tips on how to memorise surahs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msyvpTpMmZI

Comment

Assalamu alaykum

I have the intention to become a Hafidah inshaAllah but as I only started to learn arabic last year, i have memorized 17 surahs so far alhamdulilah but my reading is terrible, I've memorized the surahs I know now due to my husband reciting an ayah and I repeat it again and again etc. can anyone help me find a way to read arabic independently as when i read it now it takes me at least about 10 mins. to read one page of the large print :( alhamdulillah my intention for hafidah is still there but as i cannot read arabic fluently and independently this is stopping me from learning and wanting to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by kite runner View Post
                          Assalamu alaykum

I have the intention to become a Hafidah inshaAllah but as I only started to learn arabic last year, i have memorized 17 surahs so far alhamdulilah but my reading is terrible, I've memorized the surahs I know now due to my husband reciting an ayah and I repeat it again and again etc. can anyone help me find a way to read arabic independently as when i read it now it takes me at least about 10 mins. to read one page of the large print :( alhamdulillah my intention for hafidah is still there but as i cannot read arabic fluently and independently this is stopping me from learning and wanting to learn.
                          Get a teacher or online tajweed lessons.

Comment

:jkk: and :masha: to everyone who answered

Did u guys memorise surah names so I said eg recite sursh ankabut u would have a reference of that in ur brain?

Is all that brain and memory food stuff legit?

Is it OK to alternate reciters j stuff

Al Hasan Al Basre [RA]

Comment

Originally posted by kite runner View Post
                              Assalamu alaykum

:wswrwb:

MashaAllah it's great you have the intention. You need to practice more and read under a teacher, before I started hifz (2 years back) I could barely read, pretty much like you, but my teacher got me to start from the basics (qaa'ida), so if you haven't done it then get those qaaida books (beginner) where it starts from the alphabets and moves up, and get a teacher since you can't learn by yourself.

May Allah make it easy for you.
                              http://s14.postimg.org/v1lw1cm69/ummahanim.gif
                              Twitter: https://twitter.com/akh_fuaadh

Comment

I have a few questions an would like some advice from those who have completed this journey and/or those on it;

1) how do you balance revision and memorising? Especially when by the Mercy of Allah, He has enabled you to memorise more. How do you keep that balance because i either revise more than i memorise or memorise more than i revise? I've realised that alhamdulilah my revision isn't as difficult/challenging as i'd thought it'd be.

2) How do you memorise difficult surahs? For some reason (which i now know why) surah SaaD is a little trickier than the other's. How do you memorise these surahs?

3) When your productivity sometimes falls, how do you pick yourself up?

4) When you're more into the hifdh process/journey and start finding it a bit more of a challenge, how do you keep your focus straight? Like if you come across some obstacles etc?

(For all) 4) What has been a highlight or the most benefitting/positive and inspirational factor of memorising the Quraan? What would say is 'doing' it for you or has 'done' it for you?

لا تفكر كثيرا
                                بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
                                The children need your prayers more than anyone else
                                -------------------------------------------------------
                                www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
                                X