• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muslim_Akhi93
    replied
    Re: Hifz Experiences

Originally posted by Rumaysah~ View Post
    I don't know what is up with me these days, i forget everything i memorize.
    For example i will memorize a page today, i review it the next day, i might add another page and review it all together. I continue reviewing the page (or 2 but usually 1) until it's time to recite to the teacher. When i recite to her, from top to bottom it's full of mistakes and i barely remember which verse comes next. This means i usually only get one page a week done, 2 if i find it a little easier. This then makes me lose motivation and it's all the way back to square one.

The problem isn't that i can't memorize, i can. There was a time when i could remember what i memorized so well but now it's just going from bad to worse.
    I was told it might be my sins. The only solution for what is repentance and i did that but i'm still terrible.
    I feel ashamed going to the teacher with one or 2 pages full of mistakes.
    Maybe it's a punishment for something, maybe i need more repitition, maybe i need to repent more. I don't know
    Method is very important
    How many juz have you memorized so far ?

Leave a comment:

• Muslim_Akhi93
    replied

Hifz is one of the hardest journeys
    Do not think its a piece of cake
    The more we sin
    The harder it is to keep what we have memorized
    Anyone has any questions ?

Leave a comment:

• Rumaysah~
    replied

[MENTION=72222]F_R[/MENTION] ameen and the same for you
    :jkk:

Leave a comment:

• F_R
    replied

Whaat! 13 years!
    Yeah it's probably better you don't say anything and just carry on with your teacher as that was probably a "no" to your request lol.
    But you are already half way through so it's more than possible by ramadan especially if you end up completing it elsewhere. If not, at the most you'll be done by the end of next year :insha:
    This wanting everything 'now' is a big problem i have too with hifdh and also other things and it's an obstacle when you don't know how to manage it. One just needs to step back and have sabr sometimes, time flies and before you know it you're already towards the end.
    No no he didn't say i can't, he doesnt mind if i ask for extra classes if there is free time available. I just...it made me want to shut up basically after hearing that. There's nothing for me to say after that innit just gotta zip and keep trodding along. Gonna ask my other teacher how long it took her too

Yea we have to just keep going but even sister Fajr said to enjoy the journey and brother TMR also said that too i believe coz once you finish hifdh first time then you go off for revision which is something else in comparison to hifdh. Allah make it easy for you ameen.

Leave a comment:

• Rumaysah~
    replied

Originally posted by F_R View Post
    [MENTION=130730]Rumaysah~[/MENTION] from our convo yesterday, i spoke to my sheikh/teacher that i want to complete it by Ramadhaan next year in shaa Allah coz it's taking long. Guess what he said? He goes it took him 10/13 years to get his ijaza lol so i guess i have nothing to say and must zip my lips and shut up. I guess we want everything now now now when those before us struggled and took time with it and with time comes tarbiyya etc.
    Whaat! 13 years!
    Yeah it's probably better you don't say anything and just carry on with your teacher as that was probably a "no" to your request lol.
    But you are already half way through so it's more than possible by ramadan especially if you end up completing it elsewhere. If not, at the most you'll be done by the end of next year :insha:
    This wanting everything 'now' is a big problem i have too with hifdh and also other things and it's an obstacle when you don't know how to manage it. One just needs to step back and have sabr sometimes, time flies and before you know it you're already towards the end.

Leave a comment:

• F_R
    replied

[MENTION=130730]Rumaysah~[/MENTION] from our convo yesterday, i spoke to my sheikh/teacher that i want to complete it by Ramadhaan next year in shaa Allah coz it's taking long. Guess what he said? He goes it took him 10/13 years to get his ijaza lol so i guess i have nothing to say and must zip my lips and shut up. I guess we want everything now now now when those before us struggled and took time with it and with time comes tarbiyya etc.

Leave a comment:

• Rumaysah~
    replied

Originally posted by F_R View Post
    do you review it all together before you recite to her?
    Yes

Leave a comment:

• F_R
    replied

For example i will memorize a page today, i review it the next day, i might add another page and review it all together. I continue reviewing the page (or 2 but usually 1) until it's time to recite to the teacher. When i recite to her, from top to bottom it's full of mistakes and i barely remember which verse comes next. This means i usually only get one page a week done, 2 if i find it a little easier. This then makes me lose motivation and it's all the way back to square one.

The problem isn't that i can't memorize, i can. There was a time when i could remember what i memorized so well but now it's just going from bad to worse.
    I was told it might be my sins. The only solution for what is repentance and i did that but i'm still terrible.
    Maybe it's a punishment for something, maybe i need more repitition, maybe i need to repent more. I don't know
    do you review it all together before you recite to her?

Leave a comment:

• Bingo
    replied

Or maybe you are just nervous when it is game time. Everyone can be good in practice throughout the week but what matters is Saturday night! When all the lights are on you and you don't get a second chance.

Leave a comment:

• Rumaysah~
    replied

Leave a comment:

• F_R
    replied

Originally posted by Fakhri View Post
    Jazaa'akallah. Thank you for that reply.

Subhaanallah. 5 juz' daily sounds like a lot.
    I can't imagine myself being able to do that. Even three juz' daily is proving pretty much unachievable.

I have to memorise and check/correct on my own at present. It's not ideal of course, but in terms of tajweed and correct recitation I have studied that and have practiced with teachers for a long time, alhamdulillah.

If Allah ta'aalaa grants tawfeeq for completion, I am hoping to spend time correcting with a teacher.

To be honest, I started off hoping to memorize just the first juz', then I thought, why not the second? Alhamdulillah, when that was done, I thought why not finish Al Baqarah.

The more I saw I was being given Quran, the more I kept wanting to keep on going. It's been at a slow pace, mainly because of not trusting myself to keep up with its revision, but alhamdulillah.

I didn't have actual intention or a vision of my self ever being Haafidh. I hope I can be grateful for it. Now that the end is beginning to come into focus, I actually see it as a possibity, inshaaAllah.
    may Allah make it a possibility for you ameen.

just hope you find a teacher asap because it's important. quraan is something passed down/taught to us by others, orally etc. and the five juzz revision is actually possible, it's not something that far off. just a case of managing our time etc. hope it all works out for you :insha:

Leave a comment:

• Fakhri
    replied

Jazaa'akallah. Thank you for that reply.

Subhaanallah. 5 juz' daily sounds like a lot.
    I can't imagine myself being able to do that. Even three juz' daily is proving pretty much unachievable.

I have to memorise and check/correct on my own at present. It's not ideal of course, but in terms of tajweed and correct recitation I have studied that and have practiced with teachers for a long time, alhamdulillah.

If Allah ta'aalaa grants tawfeeq for completion, I am hoping to spend time correcting with a teacher.

To be honest, I started off hoping to memorize just the first juz', then I thought, why not the second? Alhamdulillah, when that was done, I thought why not finish Al Baqarah.

The more I saw I was being given Quran, the more I kept wanting to keep on going. It's been at a slow pace, mainly because of not trusting myself to keep up with its revision, but alhamdulillah.

I didn't have actual intention or a vision of my self ever being Haafidh. I hope I can be grateful for it. Now that the end is beginning to come into focus, I actually see it as a possibity, inshaaAllah.

Leave a comment:

• F_R
    replied

Originally posted by Fakhri View Post
    Dear Huffaadh,

I was hoping to get suggestions on best methods for revision. I'm finding it is becoming quite difficult to maintain, the more I memorise.

I haven't been doing hifdh with a teacher so I'm not aware of the methods of revision.

How much is sufficient each day for revision so that it remains strong and flowing?

Do you revise with open mushaf, reading? I have seen this, but I try to revise without looking at all unless it is necessary. (This is quiet mentally taxing)

Are there specific times recommended which have most barakah (revision, not memorizing)?

I seek your duas that I am able to complete and retain and join you all inshaaAllah. May Allah Ta'alaa make us all among those who are elevated by His Kalaam on yawmul Qiyaamah.

Jazaa'akumullah.
    Ameen and may Allah accept it from you ameen,

It all depends on the individual. 5 juzz a day is best but i guess it's what you feel best at. No less than a juzz a day minimum. I think so long as there is regular revision then it will stick and strengthen it. Personally i revise half n half with the mushaf by myself because i already have to do revision from memory to my teacher so it all adds up. But alhamdulilah i have found this regular half n half mushaf revision to help with my revision to my teacher anyway. So long as it is regular. The aim is to obviously revise without needing to open up the mushaf but one of my old teachers said that we have some weak areas so that we turn back to the mushaf and open it up and recite, coz otherwise we wouldn't ever open the mushaf again if it was super super strong. Plus we get reward for looking and reciting too.

The morning has the most barakah but it all depends on you and what times are best for you. Asr time might work for you whereas fajr works best for someone else and after isha for another person.

Can i ask, how come you don't have a teacher? Who corrects you etc?

This will probably help too :insha: https://tmr123.wordpress.com/2008/07...-hifzul-quran/
    Last edited by F_R; 06-11-15, 05:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Fakhri
    replied

Dear Huffaadh,

I was hoping to get suggestions on best methods for revision. I'm finding it is becoming quite difficult to maintain, the more I memorise.

I haven't been doing hifdh with a teacher so I'm not aware of the methods of revision.

How much is sufficient each day for revision so that it remains strong and flowing?

Do you revise with open mushaf, reading? I have seen this, but I try to revise without looking at all unless it is necessary. (This is quiet mentally taxing)

Are there specific times recommended which have most barakah (revision, not memorizing)?

I seek your duas that I am able to complete and retain and join you all inshaaAllah. May Allah Ta'alaa make us all among those who are elevated by His Kalaam on yawmul Qiyaamah.

Jazaa'akumullah.

Leave a comment:

• NUAcademy
    replied

Weekend Islamic School
    A high quality weekend maktab for children to learn the essentials of Islam, Beautiful Qur’an recitation with tajweed, inculcate the best of character & instill the love of islam.
    Conducted by highly qualified, experienced, professional & friendly male & female teachers, who have graduated from reputable institutes & are DBS checked. The Maktab has a well structured syllabus & time table with regular monitoring & assessments. The class sizes are small for most affective teaching & best results. The lessons are conducted according to their age range through fun activities, appealing materials & Nasheeds. WE HAVE A ALIMIYYAH COURSE TOO, FOR BOTH GENDERS, THIS INCLUDES HIFZ AND TAFSEER OF THE QURAN. CLASSES CAN BE TAUGHT OVER SKYPE TOO, CHEAPEST IN ALL OF LONDON, GUARANTEED!
    Open day: Sun 24th November
    10AM - 12:30PM
    Timings:
    Saturday & Sunday
    10AM - 12:30PM
    Starting from Sat 5th December
    811 COMMERCIAL ROAD, E14 7HG
    020 7537 1676 / 07847 035 269
    WWW.NUACADEMY.CO.UK

Leave a comment:

Working...
X