X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumaysah~
    replied
    Re: Hifz Experiences

ok figured it out, I know now what method works for me but unfortunately it's one that is hard to follow
    I found a teacher today who is available at a more decent time then my last class, she spent an hour with me actually helping me memorize a few pages.
    this time everything actually sunk in and I managed to memorize those few pages very well and quite effortlessly Alhamdulillah. so what I need is someone watching/monitoring me while I actually memorize. I'm happy today, happy I found something that works : )

Leave a comment:

• F_R
    replied

[MENTION=72901]Salams2All[/MENTION] make notes of your progress somewhere and what you recite etc but what [MENTION=125704]Figs[/MENTION] said is a good approach.

Just pace yourself innit.

Check out tmrs blog btw he has a lot of useful things on there

Leave a comment:

• Figs
    replied

Originally posted by Salams2All View Post
    I finally have a teacher alhamdulilah. Today was the first class and I could've been better but alhamdulilah.

lol thought I'd be nervous, but I wasn't.. surprisingly, and honestly I can only go up from here right xD

[MENTION=72222]F_R[/MENTION] , [MENTION=125704]Figs[/MENTION] how do you guys stay on track with your hifdhs and do you have some words of advice.
    Lol I asked F-R the same thing a few months ago, not sure if she remembers lol.

Personally, I could only find one to recite on the weekends which means along with studying for my classes I had to build up during the week.
    First, make sure he/she knows where exactly you are confident in your hifz. Like if you're in surat Anbiya for example, but only feel confident (in tajweed or memory) up to surat Ahqaf maybe you can start there. Or you can try to maintain both, progressive memorization and tajweed, recitation beautification. If you can do both, alhamdulilah.

Start small, don't pressure yourself to do a lot more than capacity. I personally was terrible because I felt low confidence in having others being better than me in quran so I tried cramming five, six new pages daily...it doesn't work. It's better to recite with less mistakes and gradually go up. If you have incredible memorization capacity like 10 pages in a day) go for it!! But the important thing is to do what is within your capacity to limit the amount of mistakes and to perfect it. Which is why I recite less than most people.

Make a certain time in the day everyday for reviewing your new portion, and also make time for review of past portions. Try to recite to him the review at least once a week if you do weekends like I do but make it worthwhile, enough to make you not regret the size...which means staying consistent all week so you can recite enough in the days he/she will teach.
    yea I am still trying to figure everything out, still getting comfortable with my routine, but remember consistency is key!!

Yeah, that's terrible advice but that's what I'd tell myself a few months ago so yea F-R is the best in this department so we await her valuable words of wisdom insha allah;)

[MENTION=132481]F-R[/MENTION] get over here already lol, and answer the question please and correct mine too.

Leave a comment:

• Salams2All
    replied

I finally have a teacher alhamdulilah. Today was the first class. I could've been better but alhamdulilah.

lol thought I'd be nervous, but I wasn't.. surprisingly, and honestly I can only go up from here right xD

[MENTION=72222]F_R[/MENTION] , [MENTION=125704]Figs[/MENTION] how do you guys stay on track with your hifdhs and do you have some words of advice.
    Last edited by Salams2All; 02-12-15, 02:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Rumaysah~
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Figs
    replied

Originally posted by F_R View Post
    no coz the teacher is there to correct, guide and help us. i was gonna say this, perhaps change your approach to the quraan and separate it (as my teacher has advised me) from the rest of your life and other things. don't link everything together but keep it apart from all else. approach it with love, joy and as your own thing, like 'me time'. then there's also the possibility of sin causing the mistakes and a lack of concentration//focus. and remember that shaytaan doesnt want this for you so he too will put effort in swaying you from it by making excuses etc etc so keep focused in shaa Allah. give sadaqah for this and increase in istighfar.

lastly, we ain't perfect, the thread just needed reviving like always
    Thank you, I will do this insha allah. I needed this a lot.

Insha allah we all get there, to the final abode

Leave a comment:

• F_R
    replied

Originally posted by Figs View Post
    I guess I won't finish this year:(

Is it a sin to recite with mistakes to the teacher?

I have a lot of stuff to cram in my head daily.
    Science facts, math methods, other classes and book readings, and then Quran too.

I normally end up with many recitation mistakes and as of recently a lot of grammar mistakes. I'm worried it might be sin because if it is then I will bear the sin of changing
    the meaning of the kitab. I think I mess up at least five times on average...I know, it sounds bad. You and rumaysah sound like perfect ppl compared to me
    no coz the teacher is there to correct, guide and help us. i was gonna say this, perhaps change your approach to the quraan and separate it (as my teacher has advised me) from the rest of your life and other things. don't link everything together but keep it apart from all else. approach it with love, joy and as your own thing, like 'me time'. then there's also the possibility of sin causing the mistakes and a lack of concentration//focus. and remember that shaytaan doesnt want this for you so he too will put effort in swaying you from it by making excuses etc etc so keep focused in shaa Allah. give sadaqah for this and increase in istighfar.

lastly, we ain't perfect, the thread just needed reviving like always

Leave a comment:

• Musulmaan
    replied

Originally posted by Zoha_R View Post
    Idk. Lots of kids who are doing hifdh are homeschooled. Maybe it's just easier that way.
    I go college and am doing hifz loool. And not necessarily coz my lil sister is homeschooled and she still hasn't reached where I was up to at her age and I went school too so...

Leave a comment:

• Zoha_R
    replied

Originally posted by Musulmaan View Post
    Whats home schooling got to do with it???
    Idk. Lots of kids who are doing hifdh are homeschooled. Maybe it's just easier that way.

Leave a comment:

• Musulmaan
    replied

Originally posted by Zoha_R View Post
    I love the Quran sooo much. It's my healing. The idea of doing hifdh sounds amazing. My moms a hafidha and she started and finished when she was very young. I was told that it's hard to start hifdh when your older. I'm still young, but have a lot of things going on. Is it necessary to do home schooling when doing hifdh? When did you all start?
    Whats home schooling got to do with it???

Leave a comment:

• Zoha_R
    replied
    Hifz Experiences

I love the Quran sooo much. It's my healing. The idea of doing hifdh sounds amazing. My moms a hafidha and she started and finished when she was very young. I was told that it's hard to start hifdh when your older. I'm still young, but have a lot of things going on. Is it necessary to do home schooling when doing hifdh? When did you all start?

Leave a comment:

• Muslim_Akhi93
    replied

Science facts, math methods, other classes and book readings, and then Quran too.

I normally end up with many recitation mistakes and as of recently a lot of grammar mistakes. I'm worried it might be sin because if it is then I will bear the sin of changing
    the meaning of the kitab. I think I mess up at least five times on average...I know, it sounds bad. You and rumaysah sound like perfect ppl compared to me
    You are becoming a Hafiza ?

Leave a comment:

• Rumaysah~
    replied

it's not a sin if it's not on purpose

Leave a comment:

• Umm Uthmaan
    replied

"Verily the one who recites the Qur’an beautifully, smoothly, and precisely, he will be in the company of the noble and obedient angels. And as for the one who recites with difficulty, stammering or stumbling through its verses, then he will have twice that reward.” (Al-Bukhari & Muslim)

It's a win win situation either way, so just keep trying sister :) May Allah make it easy for u amin

Leave a comment:

• Figs
    replied

Originally posted by F_R View Post
    [MENTION=130730]Rumaysah~[/MENTION] from our convo yesterday, i spoke to my sheikh/teacher that i want to complete it by Ramadhaan next year in shaa Allah coz it's taking long. Guess what he said? He goes it took him 10/13 years to get his ijaza lol so i guess i have nothing to say and must zip my lips and shut up. I guess we want everything now now now when those before us struggled and took time with it and with time comes tarbiyya etc.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X