This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hifz Experiences

Yeah short ayah are challenging. Surah Shu'rah is one example.

But Alhamdulillah I manage to absorb them well. I haven't listened to audio recitation ever, maybe ill start adding that in my time.
    الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

Comment

Question: How do you get yourself back on track if you've been absent from your hifdh for a short period?

لا تفكر كثيرا
      بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
      The children need your prayers more than anyone else
      www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by F_R View Post
        Question: How do you get yourself back on track if you've been absent from your hifdh for a short period?
        Dhikr. Maybe other posters have other suggestions Insha'allah.

Originally posted by MWarrior View Post
        I find Surah Saad and Saaffaat tricky and the thing which helps is repetition and practice. Plus listening to recitation continuously etc.
        Studying the tafseer/meaning helps. Esp with the shorter verses.
        وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Start reading in your prayer or just sit and read the Quran slowly. You will get into it because once you start reading, you don't feel like stopping. I think its not that hard to get back on track.

Comment

I mean, how do you guys get back on track. Do you start reviewing and then delve back into memorising or..?

لا تفكر كثيرا
            بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

I mean, how do you guys get back on track. Do you start reviewing and then delve back into memorising or..?
              What do you mean? Its already been memorized so just review it and that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kas1m View Post
                What do you mean? Its already been memorized so just review it and that's it.
                I mean, say something happens and it was meant to happen as it was written for you. It therefore jolted your path of memorisation and sort of pushed you off the path, you stumbled. Now you're trying to stand up and get your feet back on the path. What way would you do that i.e how do you get back on the path of memorising/reciting regularly etc?

Any clearer?

لا تفكر كثيرا
                بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

If he has forgotten it then he should start memorizing again.

One bit of advice from experience is this when you memorize a fresh verse or a page and if it is your FIRST time memorizing then you might want to do it properly and firmly and make sure it is mistake proof. Because the mistakes you make, they come in the long run and it is quite hard to get rid of them as you get used to it. So do it right the first time.

Comment

he/they/the person has been revising during the period they couldn't memorise.

Hmm....i've answered my own question alhamdulilah. :jkk: ^

لا تفكر كثيرا
                    بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

he/they/the person has been revising during the period they couldn't memorise.

Hmm....i've answered my own question alhamdulilah. :jkk: ^
                      r they doing hifdh at home? or at a school? or masjid?
                      Last edited by Twinkle_Toes; 07-03-12, 09:12 PM. Reason: got bullied about my spelling... :(

Comment

Originally posted by Twinkle_Toes View Post
                        r they doing hifdh at home? or at a school? or masjid?
                        they/he/she are doing it at home but will start inshaaAllah going elsewhere so a mix

لا تفكر كثيرا
                        بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

Surah Saffat was pretty easy to memorise for me. It's mostly stories of Prophets so it made it easier.
                          "Love of Allah" <------- Click

Comment

:jkk: great thread tabarak'Allah.

Does anybody memorise using the mauritanian method? ie, reciting the ayah 100 times (actually more than that) and then seeing what you have memorised? (i think that's the mauritanian way, i might be wrong!) i think that method is quite effective, especially for ayaat that you find difficult to remember.

Listening to audio of the quraan helps too, because sometimes when you get to an ayah that you have never memorised before, you are able to memorise it soo quickly and you find yourself actually knowing the ayah... it's quite encouraging actually and just motivates you.

I deffo agree with knowing what you are reciting helps. It is soo useful to learn fusha whilst doing hifdh because it assists you along the way.

May Allah subhanahu wa ta'aala help us all.
                            Last edited by sis_on_sunnah; 10-03-12, 09:43 AM.
                            http://www.deenulhuq.wordpress.com

Don't depend on anyone too much in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness ~ibn taymiyyah

Comment

How do you solve a sore throat?

Cause everyday we have to recite a lot and my voice is strained towards the end of the day (when reciting, not talking). I'm not a man, I don't have a strong voice. :|
                              اذاً لن يضيعنا الله

Comment

:salams

SubhanaAllah, reading this thread really makes me want to memorize the Qur'an too! I only know some short surah though.

How does one start to memorize the Qur'an? I mean, what do I need? Other than determination of course. Is it hard? I don't have a teacher at the moment, can I start memorizing the shorter/easier surah on my own? I really want to memorize the Qur'an, but I'm just so scared if I only do it halfway, if you guys know what I mean.

By the way if there is another thread discussing about how to start memorize the Qur'an can someone please direct me to it

Comment

Working...
                                X