• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Umm Uthmaan
    replied
    Re: Hifz Experiences

Originally posted by F_R View Post
    Something else lol including completion of warsh :insha:

My number/level of khatams since Ramadhan have kinda gone down lol but it's got to be picked up again
    May Allah make it easy for u amin

Leave a comment:

• F_R
    replied

Originally posted by Umm Uthmaan View Post
    6 months to do muraaja'ah or?
    Something else lol including completion of warsh :insha:

My number/level of khatams since Ramadhan have kinda gone down lol but it's got to be picked up again

Leave a comment:

• Umm Uthmaan
    replied

6 months is enough time isn't it? Surah Maryam to An Naas and Surah Furqaan to An Naas.

:insha:

And Ramadhan is 6 months away too :insha:
    6 months to do muraaja'ah or?

Leave a comment:

• F_R
    replied

6 months is enough time isn't it? Surah Maryam to An Naas and Surah Furqaan to An Naas.

:insha:

And Ramadhan is 6 months away too :insha:

Leave a comment:

• Figs
    replied

The Qur'an is beautiful. We always see it as the book where we just want it over with when we go to madrasah or class. Or the book that takes up extra space in our bookshelves. May Allah forgive us all, or at least me for that matter.

We just have to open our hearts to it....I opened it up when I haven't been reading it very often and I learned that distancing yourself from the Quran in favor of other distractions is really putting your iman to the noose. We require Quran for our spiritual and our regular human wellbeing. That's just how we are. If Allah created us to worship Him alone, then isn't drawing near the book of Allah essential to our well-being? I certainly think so.

Insha allah we get better. Our spiritual wounds caused by our sins and the fitan of this dunya will get healed. We are all in it together. Insha allah, you will be okay O servants of the Creator.

-Figs
    [MENTION=106576]AbulUthman[/MENTION] - overdue dua

May Allah open your heart to the Quran and make it the light of your soul and the joy of your eye and ease your learning. Ameen.

Leave a comment:

• AbulUthman
    replied

Alhamdulillah Surah Ahqaaf started recently. Duas required :jkk:

Leave a comment:

• Muslim_Akhi93
    replied

salafi brothers exist in America

Leave a comment:

• Figs
    replied

Originally posted by Salams2All View Post
    I know a couple of girls that are salafi.. they're really nice and wear niqab, but I never asked them to explain things to me.

I made a thread awhile ago asking people to explain salafism to me, but the thread confused me.

I dunno... I dont care what label a muslim has as long as their aqeedah is sound, but if they're weird and always bring up the fact that their a salafi that doesnt sit right with me, but then again to each their own.
    Me neither, I ask about salafism though since it seems to draw criticism from non Muslims who are somehow able to identify them.

But yea, I tried to tell the dude off not for salafism (he wasn't) but rather for only complying to lead taraweeh for money. I was younger though too

Leave a comment:

• Salams2All
    replied

Originally posted by Figs View Post
    Ikr? Yeah, I actually tried telling one of 'em off but you can guess it didn't end well

I don't know anything about Salafism...except that long beardo British dude Abu Halima is one of them lol.....
    I do not think these seperat groups exist in america...or maybe ive never been involved enough to know...
    I know a couple of girls that are salafi.. they're really nice and wear niqab, but I never asked them to explain things to me.

I made a thread awhile ago asking people to explain salafism to me, but the thread confused me.

I dunno... I dont care what label a muslim has as long as their aqeedah is sound, but if they're weird and always bring up the fact that their a salafi that doesnt sit right with me, but then again to each their own.
    Last edited by Salams2All; 10-12-15, 02:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Figs
    replied

Originally posted by Umar123 View Post
    Its a Salafi mosque and as you must know by now I dont agree with Salafism. It didnt really interfere with it but they do to 8 Taraweeh even though in Makkah they do 20.

Id never do that for money, Im not a money-hungry person, I even feel shy asking my dad for lunch money lol
    Ikr? Yeah, I actually tried telling one of 'em off but you can guess it didn't end well

I don't know anything about Salafism...except that long beardo British dude Abu Halima is one of them lol.....
    I do not think these seperat groups exist in america...or maybe ive never been involved enough to know...

Leave a comment:

• Umar123
    replied

Originally posted by Figs View Post
    That's nice, masha allah. What beliefs did the mosque have, did it interfere with leading taraweeh?

I personally have a grudge with the brothers who do it for money and then also reap the praises....it's absurd to me.
    Its a Salafi mosque and as you must know by now I dont agree with Salafism. It didnt really interfere with it but they do to 8 Taraweeh even though in Makkah they do 20.

Id never do that for money, Im not a money-hungry person, I even feel shy asking my dad for lunch money lol

Leave a comment:

• Figs
    replied

Originally posted by Umar123 View Post
    I used to lead Taraweeh but I dont anymore because I dont agree with the beliefs if the mosque and dont want to be known for leading Taraweeh there but I defo wouldnt do it for money
    That's nice, masha allah. What beliefs did the mosque have, did it interfere with leading taraweeh?

I personally have a grudge with the brothers who do it for money and then also reap the praises....it's absurd to me.

Leave a comment:

• Umar123
    replied

Originally posted by n0.n4m3 View Post
    Listen to the Qur'an ALOT. For example if you are memorising surat an Nur (#24) listen to Nur, Furqan, Shuara, Naml, Qasas, Ankaboot, and Roum . Listen to them all the time then hifdh will be much easier.
    Yeah, that completely slipped my mind, InshaAllah ill try

Leave a comment:

• n0.n4m3
    replied

:jkk: don't worry, this kind of stuff/words/advice is needed and i totally understand what you mean.

Personally i am not doing much. I mean i am focusing on the qiraat of Aasim mainly but the opportunity to learn warsh was presented and i took it because i enjoy it and the door was there for me. It is something i had intended to do way before hafs/sho'ba but it came to me. In terms of my Arabic skills, i can understand around 80% and learn things often in this medium and not english. I don''t know where that vibe came from. I understand the poems of tajweed (tuhfah and we are doing jazariya) but haven't completed memorisng them which is my fault for neglecting them tbh, i take that.

However, i did read this and i remember brother Abu Musab advising us as well about improving our Arabic so i will (have) take(en) this on board :insha: 100%. I know i've personally neglected this aspect in terms of focusing on improving my Arabic (particularly speaking). I am also doing sarf with a teacher once a week but i think i don't do anything extra so i hinder myself in this.So :jkk: i think i am shy when it comes to Arabic but that's stupid of course.

Btw if someone was to go back to Hargeisa to study, where would they go? Do you have details/links etc? Say if i wanted to improve my Arabic can people there help?
    30 episodes in arabic language explaining Warsh 'an Nafi' :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMh8...CnjQ6QHVHfaEiJ

Leave a comment:

• AbulUthman
    replied

Originally posted by Zoha_R View Post
    I love the Quran sooo much. It's my healing. The idea of doing hifdh sounds amazing. My moms a hafidha and she started and finished when she was very young. I was told that it's hard to start hifdh when your older. I'm still young, but have a lot of things going on. Is it necessary to do home schooling when doing hifdh? When did you all start?
    Wow thats good. Nope, of course kids who go to schools memorise the Quran as well. When you start memorising the Quran, there is so much barakah in your time. You tend to avoid procrastinating and slacking. Hifdh gives me the encouragement to complete my hw as well studying hard for exams.

I started couple of years back and used to struggle in between. I've somewhat fixed my routine now alhamdulillah
    Last edited by AbulUthman; 09-12-15, 08:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X