X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hifz Experiences

Originally posted by shafsbhai View Post
    great thread. just skimmed through it all. jazakallah to everyone.

Just thought I would add this:

Shaykhul Hadeeth Zakariyya Khandelwi rahimahullah writes:

My father [Shaykh Yahya Khandelwi rahimahullah] says: “I had memorized the Quran at the age of seven. Thereafter for six months I had to look into the Quran and daily recite one full khatam [completion]. And since then I have never looked into the Quran to recite it.”

My late father (May Allah fill his resting place with noor) was indeed a very good Hafidh with tremendous energy to recite the Quran by heart. He had a bookshop where he himself made up the parcels to be posted, and wrote the addresses himself. While doing that he was all the time reciting the Quran in audible fashion without ever becoming confused or struggling over the mutashaabihaat [similar occurring words/phrases/verses in different parts of the Qur'an].

Maulana ‘Ashiq Ilahi rahimahullah writes about him [my late father] in Tazkiratul-Khaleel:

“Once upon my request he was invited to Meerut to lead taraweeh prayers and recite the Quran in Ramadan. I saw that wherever he went, he was all the time busy reciting by himself so that he finished a whole khatam [completion] daily. When it was time for Iftar, he was reading: ‘Qul a`oozhu bi rabbinnaas…’

When he arrived by rail at Meerut it was Isha time. Being a man who was continuously in a state of wudu, he entered the mosque and immediately proceeded to the musallah to lead the prayers and in three hours recited ten juz so clearly, without any struggling over difficult patches as if the Quran was an open book in front of him. So comfortable was his pace of recitation, that he completed a full khatam of the Quran in three nights and departed. So good a hafiz was he that there was no need to revise his reading beforehand; neither was there any need for someone to stand behind him and listen with a view to correct if needed.”

My father also used to say about this visit to Meerut: “When the word got around in Meerut that a certain man was coming to complete a full khatam of the Quran in salaah within three days, thirty or fourty huffaaz arrived from far and wide to stand behind him and test him."
    Subhanallah.

:masha:
    "And thus have We willed you to be a community of the middle way."
    (al-Baqarah: 143)

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

Comment

:jkk:
      وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Alhumdulillah I also learned a few surahs this way. I always listen to quran in the car and at the moment i am listening to surah Yasin. InshaAllah I will know it all soon. It is a very easy way to learn it.
        Alhumdulillah

Comment

Originally posted by islam lover View Post
          Alhumdulillah I also learned a few surahs this way. I always listen to quran in the car and at the moment i am listening to surah Yasin. InshaAllah I will know it all soon. It is a very easy way to learn it.
          I like reciting in the car. You can do it loud without being annoying to anyone.
          "Love of Allah" <------- Click

Comment

Those who have finished, do you miss memorising?
            اذاً لن يضيعنا الله

Comment

Originally posted by Hamnah View Post
              Those who have finished, do you miss memorising?
              Never really thought about it before, but now that you mention it, then a little bit. I miss being in a hifz school.

You always have to maintain and improve what you've learnt though.

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

Comment

Originally posted by -Fady- View Post
                I like reciting in the car. You can do it loud without being annoying to anyone.
                same here. You do get a few funny looks when your at a stop light and trying to recite with your best voice.

Comment

Originally posted by the_middle_road View Post
                  I miss being in a hifz school.
                  Me too. Some of the best times of my life. Alhamdulillah.
                  The Sahaba (radiAllahu anhum) used to cling to the Sunnah just because it was Sunnah
                  Today we abandon the Sunnah, just because it's Sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by ImaanSeeker View Post
                    Me too. Some of the best times of my life. Alhamdulillah.
                    True. Some people say that the best years of your life are when you're in college / university. It's a lie. The best years of your life are when you're learning the Qur'an.

Comment

Originally posted by the_middle_road View Post
                      True. Some people say that the best years of your life are when you're in college / university. It's a lie. The best years of your life are when you're learning the Qur'an.

I miss the quran institute dearly too :( ....ufff... it is definately the best place to meet great sisters and to remember Allah and the hereafter.Every time i go there i come with my heart filled with love to quran and the deen.

Inshallah i will try to squeeze a time in my timetable to go there again.
                      Jannah is my aim

Comment

There's nothing nicer than memorising a fresh new page of the Qur'an, and reciting the ayaat over and over again to get it into your head. Alhamdulillah.

And counting the pages before you finish the surah. :)

I'll only recite to my teachers (for class) otherwise in a quiet room all by myself. I can't concentrate otherwise.
                        Last edited by Hamnah; 04-03-12, 08:04 PM.
                        اذاً لن يضيعنا الله

Comment

Originally posted by Hamnah View Post
                          There's nothing nicer than memorising a fresh new page of the Qur'an, and reciting the ayaat over and over again to get it into your head. Alhamdulillah.

And counting the pages before you finish the surah. :)

I'll only recite to my teachers (for class) otherwise in a quiet room all by myself. I can't concentrate otherwise.
                          i tell ya, my environment was more like... a million students all bobbing their heads down and up (if u guys know what i'm talking about) while all reading at the top of their voices. and having teachers on stand by ready to chase you to the other side of the masjid if you were fooling around.. lol i think they purposely gave us a little time to try and escape.. goood times, good times..
                          º•○º○•Sabr... is like swallowing something bitter without showing any distaste on your face.•○º○•º -Imam Junaid

Comment

Theres a few ayahs (229 to 237) in Surah Baqarah which I have struggled from day one and no matter how much I memorize them, they just don't sit in my mind. Its very frustrating. Does this happen to you or only me? Is there any way I could solve this problem?
                            الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

Comment

I find Surah Saad and Saaffaat tricky and the thing which helps is repetition and practice. Plus listening to recitation continuously etc.

Comment

Originally posted by MWarrior View Post
                                I find Surah Saad and Saaffaat tricky and the thing which helps is repetition and practice. Plus listening to recitation continuously etc.
                                I definately agree with you on saffat. Short ayaats get me the most.
                                º•○º○•Sabr... is like swallowing something bitter without showing any distaste on your face.•○º○•º -Imam Junaid

Comment

Working...
                                X