• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peony.
    replied
    Re: Hifz Experiences

Originally posted by iRepIslam View Post
    Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh. Hope you are all in the best of health and iman in Sha Allah.

Is anyone here doing hifz alongside secular studies? I'm doing it alongside university Alhamdulillah, and I wanted advice, right now alhamdulilah the plan is to memorise after fajr and after isha in the evenings (6pm), I hope that's enough time in Sha Allah and for now I'm only memorising about half a page a day and minimum in Sha Allah will be 3-5 pages a week once I get going. I often feel like I neglect my secular studies because of my passion for something which I love (The Quran) so I see myself spending more time memorising the quran and sometimes even memorising in the middle of secular studies revision, I want to put the same amounts of effort for both hifz and secular studies. So I wanted some advice on that. Also can you all please make dua for me, I have noticed that the more you memorise the more it gets easier Alhamdulillah. Also a reminder to all the least we could do is memorise the Quran, make sure your intentions are correct in sha Allah. And remember sisters, we are going to be the mothers for the next generation bi ithnillah and how beautiful is it to get the solid foundation out of the way (memorising the quran yourself) and be able to help your future kids :insha: get through such a beautiful journey, may Allah reward you all and forgive us for our sins.

Btw I always feel emotional about hifz ... esp right now coz its the beginning of my journey I feel a sense of relief, like I can finally start what ive always wanted to do bi ithnillah ta'allah

Just regret not starting earlier but Alhamdulillah.

Oh and also right now I'm memorising about 8 - 10 ayahs a day, is that okay for a beginner level? I review all that I learnt in the morning around evening time and also the next day. Also, I heard looking at the translation of the quran makes hifz easier, how can I go by that in Sha Allah? should I just keep the translation alongside my mushaf and look at both when memorising?

Jzk.
    Salams ukhti

Alhamdulillah, i'm so proud of you sis, like always.

I used to neglect my secular studies also. When i had to chose between the Quran and secular studies, i would always chose the Quran. The Quran is my passion and memorising and reciting is never a burden for me, unlike secular studies. So its quite natural how your spending more time with the Quran (because nothing interests a muslims more than the Quran) than your secular studies. Best thing to do is make a timetable and stick with it, or else everything will get jumbled. It will also teach you discipline and to be organised, in shaa Allah.

Same sis, I'm such an emotional being when it comes to hifth. I can't help feeling this way and i honestly can't imagine the day i complete it (in shaa Allah). I will probably faint from excitement/nervousness/emotions/fears, etc. And yeh very true sis @ the sense of relief you feel when you finally do what you wished for years. I never could get myself to do it due to high school and the lot, and when i finally began it was a dream come true. Like is this finally happening.. i still can't believe it.

8-10 ayats is fine. Like i've mentioned before its quality that matters not quantity. Don't overburden yourself or else you will fall back hard. Go at your own speed and follow your teachers lead, in shaa Allah, she knows how much to feed you (according to the work you are able to complete daily).

I don't see how english translations help, unless you know the actual meaning of the word itself. Because with most english translations, its the whole ayaat that gets translated. Maybe if you learnt the words on its own, bit by bit that may help you. But personally i believe learning Arabic is the best and will get you there in due time, in shaa Allah. That being said, don't overburden yourself too much cause again, you will get stressed and drop out easily. Take it slow and steady sis, and remember Allah swt wants to see effort. As long as you show him your time and effort then thats all that matters, Alhamdulillah.

Ameen to you du'a.

May Allah swt make us and all those whom wish to complete the memorisation of the Quran become hufath, Ameen.
    Last edited by Peony.; 08-01-16, 09:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• iRepIslam
    replied

Also I wanted to share this beautiful article on how a sister raised 8 children who had all memorised the Quran by age 14 alhamdulilah. I have a thread on this but let me post the link of article here.

http://productivemuslim.com/interview-sharifah-aljifri/

Leave a comment:

• iRepIslam
    replied

Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh. Hope you are all in the best of health and iman in Sha Allah.

Is anyone here doing hifz alongside secular studies? I'm doing it alongside university Alhamdulillah, and I wanted advice, right now alhamdulilah the plan is to memorise after fajr and after isha in the evenings (6pm), I hope that's enough time in Sha Allah and for now I'm only memorising about half a page a day and minimum in Sha Allah will be 3-5 pages a week once I get going. I often feel like I neglect my secular studies because of my passion for something which I love (The Quran) so I see myself spending more time memorising the quran and sometimes even memorising in the middle of secular studies revision, I want to put the same amounts of effort for both hifz and secular studies. So I wanted some advice on that. Also can you all please make dua for me, I have noticed that the more you memorise the more it gets easier Alhamdulillah. Also a reminder to all the least we could do is memorise the Quran, make sure your intentions are correct in sha Allah. And remember sisters, we are going to be the mothers for the next generation bi ithnillah and how beautiful is it to get the solid foundation out of the way (memorising the quran yourself) and be able to help your future kids :insha: get through such a beautiful journey, may Allah reward you all and forgive us for our sins.

Btw I always feel emotional about hifz ... esp right now coz its the beginning of my journey I feel a sense of relief, like I can finally start what ive always wanted to do bi ithnillah ta'allah

Just regret not starting earlier but Alhamdulillah.

Oh and also right now I'm memorising about 8 - 10 ayahs a day, is that okay for a beginner level? I review all that I learnt in the morning around evening time and also the next day. Also, I heard looking at the translation of the quran makes hifz easier, how can I go by that in Sha Allah? should I just keep the translation alongside my mushaf and look at both when memorising?

Jzk.
    Last edited by iRepIslam; 06-01-16, 10:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• F_R
    replied

Originally posted by Sabertooth View Post
    Alhamdulillah I have memorised a portion of the the Quran so far, I want to finish successfully :insha:

Duas requested :jkk:
    :masha: well-done and keep going

Originally posted by Umm Uthmaan View Post
    May Allah make it easy for you amin
    ameen
    Last edited by -Yassar; 04-01-16, 04:40 PM. Reason: quote edited.

Leave a comment:

• Umm Uthmaan
    replied

Originally posted by Sabertooth View Post
    Alhamdulillah I have memorised a portion of the the Quran so far, I want to finish successfully :insha:

May Allah make it easy for you amin
    Last edited by -Yassar; 04-01-16, 04:39 PM. Reason: quote edited.

Leave a comment:

• Sabertooth
    replied

Last edited by -Yassar; 04-01-16, 04:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• F_R
    replied

you know i have an internal issue, think i need a change, but usually the journey was most favoured by me even tho i wanted to reach the end but now that i am closer to the end i feel :/ i dunno. i'm supposed to be humbled by the quraan and changed by it but lately i''ve been on a standstill for a while, maybe that's my issue

Leave a comment:

• F_R
    replied

May Allah make it easy for u amin
    ameen :jkk:

Originally posted by Rumaysah~ View Post
    You can do it, just don't decrease from your current pace
    They say aim for the moon and you will land on the stars (or something like that)
    omg i can do another ramadhan ending if that makes sense :inlove: in shaa Allah that would be so cool. my life is timed by ramadhan if that makes sense. my year is ramadhan 2 ramadhan

تقبل الله منا جميعا
    and

اللهم بلغنا رمضان

Leave a comment:

• Rumaysah~
    replied

Originally posted by F_R View Post
    6 months is enough time isn't it? Surah Maryam to An Naas and Surah Furqaan to An Naas.

:insha:

And Ramadhan is 6 months away too :insha:
    You can do it, just don't decrease from your current pace
    They say aim for the moon and you will land on the stars (or something like that)

Leave a comment:

• Umm Uthmaan
    replied

Something else lol including completion of warsh :insha:

My number/level of khatams since Ramadhan have kinda gone down lol but it's got to be picked up again
    May Allah make it easy for u amin

Leave a comment:

• F_R
    replied

6 months to do muraaja'ah or?
    Something else lol including completion of warsh :insha:

My number/level of khatams since Ramadhan have kinda gone down lol but it's got to be picked up again

Leave a comment:

• Umm Uthmaan
    replied

6 months is enough time isn't it? Surah Maryam to An Naas and Surah Furqaan to An Naas.

6 months to do muraaja'ah or?

Leave a comment:

• F_R
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Figs
    replied

The Qur'an is beautiful. We always see it as the book where we just want it over with when we go to madrasah or class. Or the book that takes up extra space in our bookshelves. May Allah forgive us all, or at least me for that matter.

We just have to open our hearts to it....I opened it up when I haven't been reading it very often and I learned that distancing yourself from the Quran in favor of other distractions is really putting your iman to the noose. We require Quran for our spiritual and our regular human wellbeing. That's just how we are. If Allah created us to worship Him alone, then isn't drawing near the book of Allah essential to our well-being? I certainly think so.

Insha allah we get better. Our spiritual wounds caused by our sins and the fitan of this dunya will get healed. We are all in it together. Insha allah, you will be okay O servants of the Creator.

-Figs
    [MENTION=106576]AbulUthman[/MENTION] - overdue dua

May Allah open your heart to the Quran and make it the light of your soul and the joy of your eye and ease your learning. Ameen.

Leave a comment:

• AbulUthman
    replied

Alhamdulillah Surah Ahqaaf started recently. Duas required :jkk:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X