Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does your brother/Sister make a huge fuss

when they are ill???

And when two siblings are ill at the same time, do you feel you have to act more ill-er than him/her??
    "Verily Allah does not look to your appearance or wealth, but he looks to your hearts and your deeds." [Sahih Muslim, Vol. 4, #6221]

Re: Does your brother/Sister make a huge fuss

Lol alhamdulilah i don't but yeaaah most definetly they do, esp my lil bro he gets jealous of my sis lool
    (The hypocrites) will call the believers: "Were we not with you?" The believers will reply: "Yes! But you led yourselves into temptations, you looked forward for our destruction; you doubted (in Faith); and you were deceived by false desires, till the Command of Allah came to pass. And the chief deceiver (Satan) deceived you in respect of Allah."57:14

Comment

apparently men suffer more than women when theyre sick, feel it more, are more affected by it Allahu alam if thats true. but no to the above.
      "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Im the same. My brother and I are both ill. I am getting on with it, but my brother is on a level i cant comprehend. He is really acting the part and i feel i need to up my game so people realise im ill too!
        "Verily Allah does not look to your appearance or wealth, but he looks to your hearts and your deeds." [Sahih Muslim, Vol. 4, #6221]

Comment

Oh yes I'm famous for it, almost notorious, even if I slightly groan my mothers like "laila omg are you ill" with a worried voice, cos there is always something up. I'm just a drama queen.
          وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

I never make a fuss so i never get the attention :(
            (The hypocrites) will call the believers: "Were we not with you?" The believers will reply: "Yes! But you led yourselves into temptations, you looked forward for our destruction; you doubted (in Faith); and you were deceived by false desires, till the Command of Allah came to pass. And the chief deceiver (Satan) deceived you in respect of Allah."57:14

Comment

Originally posted by 1MuslimByChoice View Post
              I never make a fuss so i never get the attention :(
              Well i tried making a little fuss but my mum started to laugh and that made me laugh! So things are not going as planned.

Oh and when your sibling is ill, do the talk and talk and talk. Mybrother is doing my head in!

Comment

We don't make a fuss...however, I think it's because of them that I try to play down my sickness so I don't have to go to the doctor. :S
                مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
                It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
                Surah al-Baqarah
                [2:245]

.:.
                .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
                Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

.:.
                ...said the spider to the fly...

Comment

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
                  We don't make a fuss...however, I think it's because of them that I try to play down my sickness so I don't have to go to the doctor. :S
                  I havent been to the doctor in like 8 years and i dont plan on going anytime soon. :)
                  GoNe...

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
                    Oh yes I'm famous for it, almost notorious, even if I slightly groan my mothers like "laila omg are you ill" with a worried voice, cos there is always something up. I'm just a drama queen.
                    lol me too! I am the one who gets all attention when I cry and moan. I love it.

Comment

When I make a fuss, it doesn't make a difference and I still have to do my chores :(

Comment

Originally posted by Hijabistani View Post
                        Well i tried making a little fuss but my mum started to laugh and that made me laugh! So things are not going as planned.

Oh and when your sibling is ill, do the talk and talk and talk. Mybrother is doing my head in!
                        Lool its more between my lil sis and bro. She is aneamic so she is getting all the eyes lol attention from mum, special food, have you eaten have you eaten lol and once my lil bro pretended to faint.

awww

Comment

Oh yes like asiya said (from what I've) men tend don't seem to cope with illnesses that well, even minor ailments. The men in my house make such a fuss!

Apparently, women have stronger immune systems than men and hence why we women live longer. I don't make a fuss cos if I'm ill I'd rather be left alone.
                          "Meet people in such a manner that if you die, they should weep for you, and if you live, they should long for you." Hadhrat Ali-Ibn-Talib (RadiAllaah Anhu)
                          Shan-e-Aisha

Comment

lets just put it like this:

may Allah bless the wife he gives me with paitence, cause when im sick, i hate everything.

oh wow i should read that the thread is actually about.

my 2 lil brothers get most of the attention but im 21 so i dont care.

but man watching them fight is fun somtimes.
                            And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (All‚h) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in All‚h and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of All‚h with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

Originally posted by Hijabistani View Post
                              when they are ill???

And when two siblings are ill at the same time, do you feel you have to act more ill-er than him/her??
                              dont noe about ill but they are usually idiotic all the time even though they are baalighah
                              Reported by Ibn al-Salah:

ولقد أحسن الحسن بن أبي زياد اللؤلؤي صاحب أبي حنيفة فيما بلغنا عنه أنه استفتي في مسألة فأخطأ فيها ولم يعرف الذي أفتاه فاكترى مناديا فنادى أن الحسن بن أبي زياد استفتي يوم كذا وكذا في مسألة فأخطأ فمن كان أفتاه الحسن بن أبي زياد بشيء فليرجع إليه
                              فلبث أياما لا يفتي حتى وجد صاحب الفتوى فأعلمه أنه أخطأ وإن الصواب كذا وكذا والله أعلم

Comment

Working...
                              X