Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jumu'ah today..

Originally posted by Abd ul-Muntaqim View Post
    Where does this come from, Quraan and sunnah or Star Wars?

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk
    The point is - You don't need to stoop to their level. Islam teaches peace and a Muslim should reflect this in their character. Many people are ignorant to Islam, all they know is what they see... The media constantly show Islam to be a violent religion, it is our duty to show them that Islam is not like this. Now I don't know about you but I don't feel any violence/hate will really help people to understand that Islam is a religion of peace.

If a person swore and cursed you claiming that you are a violent and nasty person and so you curse him back - you're only proving their point. Instead of rising above the assumption and showing you are not as they say, you stoop to the level they wanted you at. If you kept peaceful at that situation, the person cursing will themselves feel stupid for showing you hate when you did not react and infact showed them peace.

Take these 'Suicidal bombers/Terrorists' for example - What did they achieve? Did they spread the message of Islam? They terrorized the view and respect of Islam more than they terrorized the Kaffir. Now I don't say sit back, smile and invite the people attacking us around for tea - There is a time and place to fight back but it should be our last resort and ONLY when we are at real risk. First try to settle disputes in a calm and peaceful manner.
    Allah is 'closer to him than (his) jugular vein' (Quran - 50:16)
    ♥.. Any given time - I do my best to strive - In Your name I rise - The apple of my eyes ..♥

Comment

:salams,

Probably due to Ramadhan ending,some Muslims only turn to Allaah in the month of Ramadhan while neglecting the other 11 months...Indeed that is quite sad,may Allaah guide us and all of them,ameen.

Comment

Originally posted by CloserThanVeins View Post
        The point is - You don't need to stoop to their level. Islam teaches peace and a Muslim should reflect this in their character. Many people are ignorant to Islam, all they know is what they see... The media constantly show Islam to be a violent religion, it is our duty to show them that Islam is not like this. Now I don't know about you but I don't feel any violence/hate will really help people to understand that Islam is a religion of peace.

If a person swore and cursed you claiming that you are a violent and nasty person and so you curse him back - you're only proving their point. Instead of rising above the assumption and showing you are not as they say, you stoop to the level they wanted you at. If you kept peaceful at that situation, the person cursing will themselves feel stupid for showing you hate when you did not react and infact showed them peace.

Take these 'Suicidal bombers/Terrorists' for example - What did they achieve? Did they spread the message of Islam? They terrorized the view and respect of Islam more than they terrorized the Kaffir. Now I don't say sit back, smile and invite the people attacking us around for tea - There is a time and place to fight back but it should be our last resort and ONLY when we are at real risk. First try to settle disputes in a calm and peaceful manner.
        I'll back mine up with Quraan

Re: retaliation - Sura Shuraa 38-43
        Re: fearing the thoughts of the kafireen and munafiqeen - Sura Al-Imraan 28-29

If you need more evidence I can provide hadith and fatawaa to back it up. Unless you can provide evidence that I am required in any way to not defend my religion, it is incumbant upon you to change your thought process. The only reason these insulters of the Prophet(saw) and burners of the book of Allah, azza wa jal, have not been punished is they are outside of Muslim lands. Not even the staunchest of modernists are arguing for 'forgiveness' for these people so your thoughts are extremely dangerous. Please see the book as-sarim al-maslool ala ash-shatim Rasool(saw) by ibn Taymiyyah(rahimullah) for more evidence from the hadith and seerah directly pertaining to this situation. I hope you and your family are doing well insha'Allah.

:salams

First they came for the 'Terrorists', and I did not speak out.
        Then they came for the fundraisers, and I did not speak out.
        Next they came for the ulama, and I did not speak out.
        And then they came for me.

Comment

Where does this come from, Quraan and sunnah or Star Wars?

How did Nabi (SAW) treat the enemies of Islam?

Comment

I've seen some new faces in Salaah now.

Comment

If you need more evidence I can provide hadith and fatawaa to back it up. Unless you can provide evidence that I am required in any way to not defend my religion, it is incumbant upon you to change your thought process. The only reason these insulters of the Prophet(saw) and burners of the book of Allah, azza wa jal, have not been punished is they are outside of Muslim lands. Not even the staunchest of modernists are arguing for 'forgiveness' for these people so your thoughts are extremely dangerous. Please see the book as-sarim al-maslool ala ash-shatim Rasool(saw) by ibn Taymiyyah(rahimullah) for more evidence from the hadith and seerah directly pertaining to this situation. I hope you and your family are doing well insha'Allah.

Surah Al-Shuara 29-48 ... retaliation? :S The story in this surah is of Prophet Musa and the Pharaoh. Pharaoh disbelieved in God, even after the miracles hazrat Musa showed, he said he was just a sorcerer so he challenged him. Hazrat Musa of course won against the best sorcerer that the Pharaoh brought forward and .."The sorcerers fell down prostrate. (46) Saying: "We believe in the Lord of the 'Alamīn (mankind, jinn and all that exists). (47)"
              Now I'm no expert in translating the Quran but I fail to see how this quote you have picked out proves your point that violence/hate is the way to deal with conflicts with Kuffar? - Did Hazrat Musa fight any of these people or did he simply show them through his actions from which people saw and converted? No hate or fighting was needed to show the people the right path.

Anyway... I think you've misunderstood what I was trying to say. I am not saying that these people should be just forgiven or that we shouldn't defend our religion. I'm saying that we should be peaceful to even the haters, avoid conflicts, do not let them get to you or stoop to their level. Do what we can with a good, peaceful and respectful manner, let Allah judge and punish the unbelievers and IF the situation arises where we must fight THEN let us fight for Islam. That is my opinion, and the approach to the unbelievers that I respect the most and have seen to be the most effective in spreading Islam (like A freind of my brothers who converted).

As the Prophet Muhammd (pbuh) said "The ink of a scholar is more holy than the blood of a martyr."
              Allah is 'closer to him than (his) jugular vein' (Quran - 50:16)
              ♥.. Any given time - I do my best to strive - In Your name I rise - The apple of my eyes ..♥

Comment

As the Prophet Muhammd (pbuh) said "The ink of a scholar is more holy than the blood of a martyr."
                Please quote the source of this. Last time I checked this wasn't the words of Muhammad (SAW) rather some scholar during the Abbassid Caliphate. JazakAllahu khairan.

Let us remember this etiquette of quoting hadith with source:
                Prophet (SAW) said “Whoever (intentionally) ascribes to me what I have not said then (surely) let him occupy his seat in Hell-fire.” [Sahih al Bukhari]

Comment

Salam Brother.

Well, I think you are going at this at a very wrong way. The brother said that you can win more hearts through love and peace (Islam is the religion of Peace.) Violence is the last measure used in Islam and I do not think people would write such hateful things against Prophet Muhammad PBUH if they lived in an Islamic State? They would see how arrogant they were and they would make positive things about Islam.

Striking fear and Retalation I think would be meant for bigger topics like war not some petty topic about some failure of an artist trying to get famous by drawing pictures of Mohammad, and if you keep on insulting them you will only make more people do it to become famous and gain some cash from abusing Muslims.

I am not saying we should stop protesting and fighting but what can you do to stop the prophet from getting defamed in this time? Another one falls and 3 rise to take his place. It is better if we stay at a defensive stand point and try to stop them, but this fad will soon die out and the day of Judgement will come to us.

You can defend your religion but do it with logic and not defame the religion at the same time. You are fighting in a very delicate situation and these people who defame the Prophet Muhammad PBUH do not know jack about the man or how Great he was.

To sum it all up I think a defensive peaceful approach would be best, and that other stuff you should save for war or something.
                  My service is to only the ummah.

Comment

had a strange khutbah about some cute poem a hindu mushrik priest wrote about the quran.

mostly in ordoo, of course.

gotta love it, folks.

ill keep making dua that the brother from sierra leone that usually gives khutbahs comes back but i hear hes been blackballed at a few places.
                    "The Jew cries out as he strikes you."

Remove matzo

Comment

talk about the father of Daif Hadith....

Islam tells you to use your wisdom. That wisdom can result in peaceful solutions or violent solutions. If somebody is inslting hte prophet PBUH infront of me, my fists really ain't satying is rest position.
                      "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

Again this jumuah too. So few people. Parking was easy. Masjid wasn't crowded at all.

Comment

Originally posted by loonietoonie View Post
                          Again this jumuah too. So few people. Parking was easy. Masjid wasn't crowded at all.
                          Same in ours.
                          SPREAD OF EVIL
                          ZIONISM
                          BOLLYWOOD

Comment

Working...
                          X