Jumu'ah today..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jumu'ah today..

Did anyone notice there was alot less people than usual? :scratch: - I think we had like around 150 less people.
    SPREAD OF EVIL
    ZIONISM
    BOLLYWOOD

Re: Jumu'ah today..

Maybe because Ramadhan finished :scratch:

Comment

Probably.. Very sad to see.
      SPREAD OF EVIL
      ZIONISM
      BOLLYWOOD

Comment

Happens every year I bet.

Comment

We also had about 100 less people. Also the khateeb gave a terrible khutbah about how we should meet people who try to harm us with love and compassion.
          First they came for the 'Terrorists', and I did not speak out.
          Then they came for the fundraisers, and I did not speak out.
          Next they came for the ulama, and I did not speak out.
          And then they came for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Abd ul-Muntaqim View Post
            We also had about 100 less people. Also the khateeb gave a terrible khutbah about how we should meet people who try to harm us with love and compassion.
            Why not?

Comment

How's that a terrible khutbah?

Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that.
              Allah is 'closer to him than (his) jugular vein' (Quran - 50:16)
              ♥.. Any given time - I do my best to strive - In Your name I rise - The apple of my eyes ..♥

Comment

Originally posted by CloserThanVeins View Post

Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that.
                Very nicely put!

Comment

Alhamdulillah,

Well, perhaps i'll be able to brighten some smiles. The city I live in is dominated by one major Islamic center. Unfortunately though, the city I live in is very large and it takes around half an hour to drive to this particular center for prayers - and that's on a good day. During heavy traffic it can take 45 to an hour.

ANYWAYS. So, just recently I got in contact with a more local group of people who are looking to establish a masjid / center on this side of town. Sure enough, the group is small and the dreams are still on the chalk board, but, mash'allah I had a great time meeting people and shaking hands. The khutbah was delivered by an energetic young fellow in his second year of college and he spoke at length on the beauty of the universe and it's magnificent features - naturally, of course, created by ALLAH (SWT).

The masjid / center they are looking to establish is about 3 minutes from my home - just right down the road! So, mash'allah! I'm considering becoming a member and participating in their projects, helping out when needed, etc, insh'allah.

:hidban:
                  Last edited by DZF; 18-09-10, 03:18 AM.
                  "He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it. He who accepts evil without protesting against it is really cooperating with it."

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by -MA- View Post
                    Did anyone notice there was alot less people than usual? :scratch: - I think we had like around 150 less people.
                    Even in Brampton, Ontario, Canada there were much much less people than usual. Infact, parking was so easy to find and convenient that it was scaring me. Before ramadhan it was always packed. During Ramadhan so packed that we had to extend the saff outside the masjid. And now....deserted almost.

Where did they go? Worldwide phenomenon?

Comment

Where does this come from, Quraan and sunnah or Star Wars?

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk
                      First they came for the 'Terrorists', and I did not speak out.
                      Then they came for the fundraisers, and I did not speak out.
                      Next they came for the ulama, and I did not speak out.
                      And then they came for me.

Comment

hmm it's cuz uni and school has started and i knew a few people who took holidays in Ramadan so that's probably why!
                        ‎"Listen with the ears of tolerance. See through the eyes of compassion. Speak with the language of love."
                        Rumi RahimuAllah.

Comment

Where does this come from, Quraan and sunnah or Star Wars?

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk
                          Tiger Woods. Apparently he was trynna rid the world of hate by spreading the love. His ex-wife unfortunately just couldn't grasp the concept.

Wow this post is so useless. Breakfast time.

Comment

Originally posted by -MA- View Post
                            There could be many reasons for that, summer holidays being the obvious one.

Still must be strange when one week you see the masjid full and the next its semi empty. i'd feel a little sad.
                            "Verily Allah does not look to your appearance or wealth, but he looks to your hearts and your deeds." [Sahih Muslim, Vol. 4, #6221]

Comment

That's very depressing..

Comment

Working...
                              X