Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cat owners - this one is especially for you..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cat owners - this one is especially for you..

Salam,

Il get straight to the idea and want to know all your thoughts.

"HMC approved Halal Cat food" - what do think of a product like this, would you feed your cat it?

For those who are unsure of HMC, visit http://www.halalmc.net/. In short, 100% halal cat food, where the slaughter of such meat is supervised at many stages of the process.

Would you buy a product like this for your cat?
    Do you think it's a good idea?
    If it isn't a great idea, explain why?

Be as detailed as possible in your replies, which will be used to determine wheter there is a need for such a product to Muslims living in the UK.

Re: Cat owners - this one is especially for you..

Halaal and haraam does not apply to animal foods. Purely a gimmick to get money. You should be more worried about what you eat.

Comment

Walaykumasalaam

No i wouldn't buy it. They're animals.
      (The hypocrites) will call the believers: "Were we not with you?" The believers will reply: "Yes! But you led yourselves into temptations, you looked forward for our destruction; you doubted (in Faith); and you were deceived by false desires, till the Command of Allah came to pass. And the chief deceiver (Satan) deceived you in respect of Allah."57:14

Comment

:wswrwb:
        Even though most of our cats are 'domestic cats'. It's not really feasible to police what a cat eats, for instance when it is in the garden and it catches a bird or rat, it plays with it and decides to eat it - the cat won't zabihah the bird and obviously the rat/mouse is a filthy animal (which can't be made Halal) but the cat will still eat it. What are you going to do, use force (e.g. chase the cat or try to scare it or put it in a headlock lol or get hold of the prey and prevent the cat from eating it - isn't that a bit cruel though?) Obviously cats are going to eat whatever they want when you aren't looking, they could easily go to a neighbours and have some 'Haraam' cat food - i.e non-Zabihah Beef/Turkey/Chicken.

Domestic cats still have that 'in-built' predator nature to them, just like cats in the wild.

Do cats eat pork? - I don't like the sound of that :| :scratch:
        Last edited by Zebunissa; 15-09-10, 01:51 PM.
        "Meet people in such a manner that if you die, they should weep for you, and if you live, they should long for you." Hadhrat Ali-Ibn-Talib (RadiAllaah Anhu)
        Shan-e-Aisha

Comment

LOL

Money Wasters I Wouldnt Buy My Cat Any Pork Stuff Though Dont Want It In My Home At All
          And He found you lost and guided you,
          ~ Qur'an (Ad Duhaa) 93:7 ~

Salaah Reminders

Guide us to the straight pain.
          " Ihdina-s-sirata-l-mustaqim "
          ~ Quran 1:6 ~

الله أعلم

Comment

i think its because it is haram to BUY haram stuff, not for a cat to eat it....

but at this point of time i wouldnt buy it, i may change my mind if i come across rulings in my studies etc which are explained to me..

Recipes for all the family :inlove:
            (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

Comment

AW: Re: Cat owners - this one is especially for you..

Originally posted by MoMo_- View Post
              Halaal and haraam does not apply to animal foods. Purely a gimmick to get money. You should be more worried about what you eat.
              yes but if I buy food for my cat I look and i read carefully i do not give her pork or other things. she is a part of my family, she is clean and healthy. she doesn't eat everyting and never goes outside.
              i think i would buy it..but hm...would be weird though?
              because helal is only for menkind or not?
              I am not sure.

Comment

Re: AW: Re: Cat owners - this one is especially for you..

Originally posted by selma View Post
                yes but if I buy food for my cat I look and i read carefully i do not give her pork or other things. she is a part of my family, she is clean and healthy. she doesn't eat everyting and never goes outside.
                i think i would buy it..but hm...would be weird though?
                because helal is only for menkind or not?
                I am not sure.
                Does your cat pary salaah 5 times a day?

Comment

AW: Re: AW: Re: Cat owners - this one is especially for you..

QUOTE=MoMo_-;3997944]Does your cat pary salaah 5 times a day?[/QUOTE]

no, but eh..if a do salat she is allways looking and never cross to disturb me.
                  she is a moslim cat:)
                  i am joking a little bit. no a cat is a cat and humans are humans i know.but i just wanted to say that i do not give her everything to eat, you know as she doesn't goes outside.
                  you do not have animals.cat ? hasreti hureya had a cat..
                  cats are nice.

Comment

Feed the cat what you eat. Simple.
                    You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

my cat gets ordinary cat food and biscuits, shes happy and healthy.

Comment

Working...
                      X