• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MrOnline
    replied
    Re: Has anyone had their tonsils out?

Subhan'Allah my tonsils were removed the same day as 9/11. :(

Anyway, if I remba correctly it does hurt for a few days. U can't swallow without it hurting etc. It's all cool in the long term though, alhamdulillah.

Leave a comment:

• brotherpearl44uk
    replied

i'm in exactly the same situation. i keep on getting recurrent sore thorats. i've already had tonsilitus 3 times this year (before ramadan) and get mini sore thorats every 3 weeks. i went to the doctor to talk about it and told him i want them removed. i then had an assessment at the hospital and they said that my right tonsil is enlarged and i will get it removed, they said i will receive a letter in 4-6 weeks but i've been waiting for over 6 weeks now. inshallah i will phone them tomorrow if i get time. but tonsilitus and sore throats are the worst thing ever.

Leave a comment:

• Hijabistani
    replied

I thought they only take your tonsils out if you keep getting tonsilitis. I've never had them out. i do remember having them at 12 and they were so swollen i found it difficult to eat. I then went soho road with my mum and ended up vomiting-the projectile vomitting sort- in a desi clothes shop.

i found it rather amusing.

Leave a comment:

• eternal journey
    started a topic Has anyone had their tonsils out?

Has anyone had their tonsils out?

If you have, was it worth it? Does it hurt a lot after the op?

I don't know what it is with me and sore throats these last few months- I had tonsillitis a little bit before Ramadhan, had a bad sore throat during Ramadhan and this latest one I got the day after 'Eid so I've had it since Saturday. Went to the docs today and apparently it's not bacterial so no antibiotics, just rest, water and painkillers...I can feel my tonsils really hurting and I'm wondering if having them out might be a good idea?

Share advice if you have any inshaAllah.
    JazakumAllahu khayran.
Working...
X