X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Has anyone had their tonsils out?

Originally posted by Zesty View Post
    *looks horrified at the pics* :eek3:

I had my tonsils out when i was 7 years old. [COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Anyone who tells you you get ice cream is lying[/COLOR]! :p I got toast and rice crispies, neither of which i could eat by the way!
    I had my tonsils out but then i started bleeding from my nose really bad- finished an entire tissue box in less than 5 mins and they realised i needed to be taken back into the operating theatre (dont mean to scare you sis) :p but Alhamdullilah after that i was ok and sent home. The doc asked me how my throat felt- being 7 years old and just wanting to get home i said, "fine." When infact it was so sore!! i was told that every winter i should wrap up warm (scarf around my neck etc) cos my glands may swell. Guess what? they do- till today and when they swell they are sore. But alhamdullilah paracetamol and normal painkillers help.
    I had jelly and ice cream.
    islamway
    اللهم ارزقنا حُسن الخاتِمة

Comment

Thursday 30th September - Day 10

Finally there is very little pain. I sometimes get sharp pains from the right side and also when I yawn but generally things seem like there back to normal apart from the physical state of my mouth. The swelling doesn’t wanna go for some reason and the scabs are still present. I thought they may have gone today but I think it’ll take another 2 days. I can eat normal now (treated myself to some chicken wings and ate biryani tonight) and speaking is much better, however it does feel that I have an apple stick in my throat when I talk. Also for some reason the food I eat gets stuck in the parts where the tonsils used to be so I’m hoping that’ll get better. As you can see from the picture there is still a lot of redness in my mouth. It seems like the clearing up process has started where the redness will ease and the last scabs are hanging on by a thread. Also I will start weight training tonight for the first time since my tonsillectomy so wish me luck.
      Attached Files
      From brother Pearl44uk.

Allah Hu Akbar

Comment

Please stop posting the pics, you've posted it once, and that's enough! No more torture please

Do not think of minor sins as insignificant, for mountains are made out of pebbles.

Comment

Originally posted by Islam.07 View Post
          Please stop posting the pics, you've posted it once, and that's enough! No more torture please
          i'm gonna post the pics until i've 100% healed, so people get the full picture of a tosillectomy, and you guys can see my suffering.
          From brother Pearl44uk.

Allah Hu Akbar

Comment

Originally posted by brotherpearl44uk View Post
            i'm gonna post the pics until i've 100% healed, so people get the full picture of a tosillectomy, and you guys can see my suffering.

I'm too scared to have my tonsils out, I won't let my mum ring the surgery lol, and you are not helping!

Do not think of minor sins as insignificant, for mountains are made out of pebbles.

Comment

Originally posted by Islam.07 View Post

I'm too scared to have my tonsils out, I won't let my mum ring the surgery lol, and you are not helping!
              i'm gonna give a summary at the end when i've healed but is not too bad, i think i've done well. you'll be fine. i would recommend you to do it.
              From brother Pearl44uk.

Allah Hu Akbar

Comment

have you finally had your chicken and chips?
                Take a step into our unique Muslim Montessori school:
                http://campaign.justgiving.com/…/a-…/buildalamiyahschool2015

Donate your sadaqah to help build a Model School for all our children.
                Please watch our school appeal: https://youtu.be/SY819jmCbzw

Text SCHL15 followed by £10 to 70070 and make a difference.
                Please forward this message to help turn this vision into a reality.

The Prophet (SAW) also said, "The believer's shade on the Day of Resurrection will be his Sadaqah." (Ahmad)

‪#‎ChangingEducation

Comment

Wow subhanAllah at the last pic (gross as it is)! Those nasty scab things have really receded and don't look all that bad compared to some of your earlier pics (which honestly made me wanna throw up). Alhamdulillah for the barakah Allah put into your recovery! Make sure you pray some nawafil salaah to show your gratitude when you're back to 100% inshaAllah *thumbs up*.
                  ربنا واجعلنا مسلمين لك ومن ذريتنا أمة مسلمة لك وأرنا مناسكنا وتب علينا إنك أنت التواب الرحيم

Our Lord, make us Muslims submitted to You, and our descendants a Muslim community submitted to You. Show us our rites of worship and turn towards us. You are the Ever-Returning, the Most Merciful. [2: 128]

http://livingthemuslimlife.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by seven View Post
                    have you finally had your chicken and chips?
                    i had some chicken wings today, tasted very nice, not chips yet. i'm saving chicken and chips for my 100% recovery day meal, on that day no one will hold me back, but alhumdulilah feeling very good at the moment.
                    Last edited by brotherpearl44uk; 30-09-10, 11:04 PM.
                    From brother Pearl44uk.

Allah Hu Akbar

Comment

Originally posted by eternal journey View Post
                      Wow subhanAllah at the last pic (gross as it is)! Those nasty scab things have really receded and don't look all that bad compared to some of your earlier pics (which honestly made me wanna throw up). Alhamdulillah for the barakah Allah put into your recovery! Make sure you pray some nawafil salaah to show your gratitude when you're back to 100% inshaAllah *thumbs up*.
                      my recovery has been excellent, i think i've recovered so well better compared to the horror stories i've heard on the internet. i started eating properly after day 7 which is a great achievement. i predict the scabs to be gone by sunday. i'd like to thank everybody for there support through my operation. inshallah i'll stop posting the pics soon when i'm better.
                      From brother Pearl44uk.

Allah Hu Akbar

Comment

Thursday 1st October - Day 11

Another fairly easy day, no pain what so ever, I can eat anything and talk as well even though it sounds like an apple being stuck down my throat. I do get sharp pains when I yawn but generally feeling good. The scabs are very slowly going away but its way slow for my liking. I had some bleeding too, very little though, one of the big scabs of the right side came off, so happy about that. I also find spitting a little difficult as my phlegm clogs up behind my throat and the muscle tissue is still a little weak to spit out. The swelling is still present as you can see from the middle bit of my mouth with the uluvu hanging but inshallah I’ll get there in the end. just trying tot hink whether i should go back work mid next week or take another week off. will be going to the gym tonight for the first time since my op too. enjoy the pic!
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by brotherpearl44uk; 01-10-10, 07:25 PM.
                        From brother Pearl44uk.

Allah Hu Akbar

Comment

Has anyone had there tonsils out?

Saturday 2nd October – Day 12

Again feeling great, eating normal, however I did have a bit of a dry throat today but I think that’s due to my gym session yesterday. The scabs have reduced again but not wholly gone. Swelling is still present but not affecting me. Speaking is almost back to normal. Just thinking when I should return to work. I may take another week off to fully recover as I am a teacher.
                          Attached Files
                          From brother Pearl44uk.

Allah Hu Akbar

Comment

Re: Has anyone had there tonsils out?

Sunday 3rd October – Day 13

I’ve got a little sore throat today but I think that because my painkillers have finished, it's no major pain. My scabs are slowly going but not all of them are gone, it’s the ones I’ve had my eye on that are the last ones to come off. Generally feeling ok, I think I might take the week off work seeing though I need to raise my voice to my students and cannot do so at the minute. Once the scabs are gone a fresh layer of skin will grow. The middle bit of my mouth has shrink, hopefully by Tuesday I will recover and will stop posting the pics. O yeah, yawning is a little painful.
                            Attached Files
                            From brother Pearl44uk.

Allah Hu Akbar

Comment

Monday 4th October – Day 14

My scabs are still not fully gone, very surprised, my throat has been feeling a little sore but I think its just the dead skin coming off, it still very red from inside. I managed to take a week off work to avoid complications. I not having any medication too, just trying to let it heal by itself. I just did jamat for magrib which went ok but you can still hear my voice is a little tender. its amazing how much i've healed when you look at my last few pictures.
                              Attached Files
                              From brother Pearl44uk.

Allah Hu Akbar

Comment

Alhamdulillah that last picture is veering towards a complete recovery! So alhamdulillah sounds like your experience has been a really good one...but I wish you hadn't posted pics because they have really scared me/put me off to be honest! InshaAllah my random bout of sore throats was just a one-off and I don't need to contemplate having to have this done.

JazakAllahu khayran for sharing your experience brother.
                                ربنا واجعلنا مسلمين لك ومن ذريتنا أمة مسلمة لك وأرنا مناسكنا وتب علينا إنك أنت التواب الرحيم

Our Lord, make us Muslims submitted to You, and our descendants a Muslim community submitted to You. Show us our rites of worship and turn towards us. You are the Ever-Returning, the Most Merciful. [2: 128]

http://livingthemuslimlife.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X