Has anyone had their tonsils out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: $1 web hosting. Just $1/month!

Alhamdulillah your recovery's going well. Did the hospital only tell you to take paracetamol in terms of painkillers akhi, nothing stronger than that? May Allah ease your recovery, aameen.
    ربنا واجعلنا مسلمين لك ومن ذريتنا أمة مسلمة لك وأرنا مناسكنا وتب علينا إنك أنت التواب الرحيم

Our Lord, make us Muslims submitted to You, and our descendants a Muslim community submitted to You. Show us our rites of worship and turn towards us. You are the Ever-Returning, the Most Merciful. [2: 128]

http://livingthemuslimlife.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by eternal journey View Post
      Alhamdulillah your recovery's going well. Did the hospital only tell you to take paracetamol in terms of painkillers akhi, nothing stronger than that? May Allah ease your recovery, aameen.
      they gave me paracetemol and a pain killers. they did not give me enough painkillers. i've already run out and its day 5. my tonsils started bleeding today as some of the scab came off, i was so worried. first time i'm having ice cream to soothe my throat.
      Last edited by brotherpearl44uk; 25-09-10, 09:12 PM.
      From brother Pearl44uk.

Allah Hu Akbar

Comment

Sunday 26th September - Day 6

Woke up with another painful throat, i'm really dreading waking up in the mornings. my throat healing proress has seemed to have platued (staying the same). there's not much diference i'm seeing day by day now. my uluva is still swollen. will have loads of icecream today. hopefully i will not experience any bleeding too, yesterday night was scary. i had the lie down and keep my neck elevated as well as applying a cold ice pack which i don't think is a good idea because u have your carcoid artery there, just wanna get better asap. i'm slowly starting to eat solids but still wary of my scabs coming off. i've run out of pain killers to so will be surving on paracetamols. anyway enjoy my latest day 6 pic.
        Attached Files
        From brother Pearl44uk.

Allah Hu Akbar

Comment

feeling a lot pain, my pain killers have finished.
          From brother Pearl44uk.

Allah Hu Akbar

Comment

Re: Has anyone had their tonsils out?

Monday 27th September – Day 7

Well Day 7 is much better than the rest, however, yesterday night was scary. I was on the lap top at 12am when I though let me brush my teeth and go asleep, and the next thing you know I got blood in my mouth. One of my scabs on the right side had fallen off and blood was coming out, luckly the blood was thick and not runny. I had to get an ice pack on the side and lay down to elevate my head. And then when I woke up for fajr, the left side started bleeding, I done the same thing and the bleeding got under control. For a moment I though I might choke on my blood while sleeping and die.

I managed to go asleep and wake up to book a doctors appointment to get some painkillers, but generally today I am feeling good. Less pain, swallowing is a bit easy, my uvulu has reduced, and the first time since my operation I can talk even though my voice is distorted. So inshallah things are looking up. From my pic you can see the swelling has gone down. I’m thinking of trying a proper meal tomorrow. But I must say I’ve done well in terms of recovery. I’ve been sipping water every minute to keep hydrated and have had plenty of rest. Inshallah I can make a quick recovery and return to work. My pic show the scabs are wearing off and the swelling is slowly reducing too. The scabs are very milky and seems like they'll be swallowed without pain. So I’m hoping for a big improvement tomorrow inshallah.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by brotherpearl44uk; 27-09-10, 05:08 PM.
            From brother Pearl44uk.

Allah Hu Akbar

Comment

Tuesday 28th September – Day 8

Well, last night had another bleeding episode, the right side, as usual start bleeding so again like the others days I applied ice under my chin and gargled water. Also I was cheeky and could not resist some cod and chips which I had to chew hard to swallow. I am trying to eat as much solids as possible to regain some weight and also see if some of my scabs come off.

Ok, so day 8 started good, I managed to get 8 hours sleep for once and also I woke up with a small pain in my throat, nothing compared to day 3, 4, 5, & 6. This time I was able to drink water with little pain, however, my throat was still dry. I also managed to eat some rice crispies, but I think i'll stick to cornflakes from tomorrow because the rice crispies get stick behind my tongue. So Alhamdulillah the food side of things has improved. The pain is also easing but I also prepare myself for a bleeding episode. I took the latest pic at 6pm, and as you can see, it seems like the scabs are dissolving away which is fantastic but there seems to be two major scabs at the top on each side, I very wary about that and hope they’ll fall off with little bleeding. Also the swelling is still present. I must say I’ve developed a stinky breathe, its like an atomic bomb, I’ll used it on people I hate, lol. But recently I’ve develop a dodgy stomach from the pain killers I’m having, I’ve stopped paracetamol just to be on the safe side. Enjoy my day 8 pic!
              Attached Files
              From brother Pearl44uk.

Allah Hu Akbar

Comment

have some yogurt and bread before u have ur painkillers bro. yogurt will soothe it, and bread will line it to soack up the painkillers, did u try gargling with salt water ? its a good healer insha Allah
                "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

i've been told not to gargle because if might make the scabs bleed, but i am gargling light with water to clear my throat. first 6 days i could not gargle because of a swollen uvulu (middle bit of the mouth thats sticks out).
                  Last edited by brotherpearl44uk; 28-09-10, 07:23 PM.
                  From brother Pearl44uk.

Allah Hu Akbar

Comment

la bas tahurin insha Allah
                    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

*looks horrified at the pics* :eek3:

I had my tonsils out when i was 7 years old. Anyone who tells you you get ice cream is lying! :p I got toast and rice crispies, neither of which i could eat by the way!
                      I had my tonsils out but then i started bleeding from my nose really bad- finished an entire tissue box in less than 5 mins and they realised i needed to be taken back into the operating theatre (dont mean to scare you sis) :p but Alhamdullilah after that i was ok and sent home. The doc asked me how my throat felt- being 7 years old and just wanting to get home i said, "fine." When infact it was so sore!! i was told that every winter i should wrap up warm (scarf around my neck etc) cos my glands may swell. Guess what? they do- till today and when they swell they are sore. But alhamdullilah paracetamol and normal painkillers help.
                      *~* Learn Patience from Aasiyah (RA); Loyalty from Khadhija (RA); Sincerity from Aisha (RA) and Steadfastness from Fatima (RA).*~*

Comment

Originally posted by Zesty View Post
                        I had my tonsils out when i was 7 years old. Anyone who tells you you get ice cream is lying! :p
                        I had em out when I was 7 aswell, and I got tons of ice cream :p
                        The hospital was wicked, they gave me consoles, TV and everything. My dad got me budgies aswell after I got out of hospital lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Zesty View Post
                          (dont mean to scare you sis) :p
                          Don't worry sis, the brother's pics have done a good enough job re: that :S.
                          ربنا واجعلنا مسلمين لك ومن ذريتنا أمة مسلمة لك وأرنا مناسكنا وتب علينا إنك أنت التواب الرحيم

Our Lord, make us Muslims submitted to You, and our descendants a Muslim community submitted to You. Show us our rites of worship and turn towards us. You are the Ever-Returning, the Most Merciful. [2: 128]

http://livingthemuslimlife.wordpress.com/

Comment

Wednesday 29th September - Day 9

Less pain but my throat gets a little dry. The scabs are very slowly wearing off but it’s extremely sore. I also have some dry skin that I’d like to get rid of cos its irritating me. a good night sleep too yesterday. The positive thing is that I can eat solids without hassle. Generally making good progress. my spekaing is almost back to normal. My pic shows slow wearing off the scabs.
                            Attached Files
                            From brother Pearl44uk.

Allah Hu Akbar

Comment

May Allah grant u complete recovery, ameen.
                              وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

My tonsils hurt me so bad, but I'm to scared to go docs, incase they take em out :(

Do not think of minor sins as insignificant, for mountains are made out of pebbles.

Comment

Working...
                                X