Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Has anyone had their tonsils out?

Tuesday 21st September - Day 1 after my operation

Now i'll be honest, i was expecting worse. my worry of the anthestic was overboard, to be honest, it was such a peaceful sleep that it felt like i had slept for a week. that was great, also when i woke up, i felt ok - not much pain. i still actually feel fine, not too much immediate pain but when i'm eating, it kills. even drinking water hurts. inshallah, i will have my pain killers and eat at the same time so it makes it easy to swallow. also, my spit keeps on clogging up and sometimes spitting can be painful too. i was suppose to take one tonsil out but the doctor said it'll be best to take both out. what rubbed it in was that my mum and dad went out for lunch and ate a chicken doner, and they ordered too much so i was left to stare at the left overs on my hosipital bed craving the chicken doner. the doctor said that tomorrow will be the most painful day and then it will ease. so on the whole, better than i expected but we'll see what tomorrow brings.
    i've uploaded a picture just 1 hour after my operation, they used the old fasion teching of cutting the tonsil with a knife rather then the heated cut.
    Attached Files
    From brother Pearl44uk.

Allah Hu Akbar

Comment

Tuesday 21st September - 12 hours after operation

went a sleep for 2 hours at home and woke up with blood in the back of my mouth, had to painfully wash my mouth. there was this a big thick lump of blood clot hanging from the back of my mouth (saliva combine with blood). the enouraging thing was that i managed to eat some solids.
      From brother Pearl44uk.

Allah Hu Akbar

Comment

Wednesday 22nd September - Day 2 - Waking up in the Morning

Just woke up and my throat feels extremely dry and sollen. its really difficult getting my spit out because the back of my throat is swollen up. i can see a whole load of white stuff on my tonsil area, not sure if thats how of should be or it its an infection. will have my painkillers first and then have breakfast 30 mins after so the tablets can have some effect. thank god the cricket is on today so i could put my feet up and forget my operation for a bit. apparently the first 4 days are the worst, but so far so good, however i am staying cautious too.
        Last edited by brotherpearl44uk; 22-09-10, 09:06 AM.
        From brother Pearl44uk.

Allah Hu Akbar

Comment

Wednesday 22nd September 2010 - My tonsil operation, exactly 24 hours after.

if u compare the first day pic and the second pic, it seems like i'm healing well as the redness has gone down, but eating is still tough.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by brotherpearl44uk; 22-09-10, 10:45 AM.
          From brother Pearl44uk.

Allah Hu Akbar

Comment

JazakAllahu khayran for the insights akhi, though I have to admit the images are a little graphic for me- esp that last one :S
            ربنا واجعلنا مسلمين لك ومن ذريتنا أمة مسلمة لك وأرنا مناسكنا وتب علينا إنك أنت التواب الرحيم

Our Lord, make us Muslims submitted to You, and our descendants a Muslim community submitted to You. Show us our rites of worship and turn towards us. You are the Ever-Returning, the Most Merciful. [2: 128]

http://livingthemuslimlife.wordpress.com/

Comment

eww yea pics are a little too much info for me may Allah give u a speedy recovery amin
              "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Originally posted by eternal journey View Post
                JazakAllahu khayran for the insights akhi, though I have to admit the images are a little graphic for me- esp that last one :S
                just trying to prepare you in the future if u go ahead with it, i must say the healing process is going good. don't worry, there's more pictures to come :vomit:!
                From brother Pearl44uk.

Allah Hu Akbar

Comment

Wednesday 23rd September – Day 3

I’ve woken up with the most unbearable pain you can imagine. My throat is hurting so badily. It is extremely dry and very painful to swallow. I keep on having water but seems to be having little effect. The problem is once you sleep, you cannot drink fluids so you wake up with the most painful throat. I have noticed that the thing we have in the middle of our mouth to help us swallow food is very badly swollen up. It’s the size of my thumb, you can clearly see the swelling in the picture. I still can’t speak properly yet.

When people say day 3 and 4 is bad, believe me, they are true about day 3, but lets see what day 4 has install for me tomorrow. P.s. I will be posting daily pics up until day 7.

the pic is 48 hours after my operation (start of day 3)
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by brotherpearl44uk; 23-09-10, 10:21 AM.
                  From brother Pearl44uk.

Allah Hu Akbar

Comment

Originally posted by brotherpearl44uk View Post
                    Wednesday 23rd September – Day 3

I’ve woken up with the most unbearable pain you can imagine. My throat is hurting so badily. It is extremely dry and very painful to swallow. I keep on having water but seems to be having little effect. The problem is once you sleep, you cannot drink fluids so you wake up with the most painful throat. I have noticed that the thing we have in the middle of our mouth to help us swallow food is very badly swollen up. It’s the size of my thumb, you can clearly see the swelling in the picture. I still can’t speak properly yet.

When people say day 3 and 4 is bad, believe me, they are true about day 3, but lets see what day 4 has install for me tomorrow. P.s. I will be posting daily pics up until day 7.

the pic is 48 hours after my operation (start of day 3)
                    the white stuff on my tonsil area are scabs, they'll come off in time as new skin is growing.
                    From brother Pearl44uk.

Allah Hu Akbar

Comment

Thursday 23rd September

This is a pic i took just now 9.45pm. its still day 3. as you can see i has loads of white scabs which will be painful when they come off, also the middle part of my throat used to swallow food is extremely swollen, it the size of my thumb and really annoying cos its stopping me from speaking.
                      Attached Files
                      From brother Pearl44uk.

Allah Hu Akbar

Comment

Re: $1 web hosting. Just $1/month!

yes i had mine taken out when i was 12, it was not nice experience. :(
                        “This day I have perfected your religion for you,completed My Favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion.” [5:3]"I have created the jinns and the humans solely to worship Me."[51:56]"a woman's heart should be lost in God, that a man needs to see him in order to find her"

Comment

Friday 24th September - day 4

I woke up with the most painful pain in my throat. could not sleep. keeping that throat dry is a killer. my scabs look a little thicker and the middle part of my throat is still swollen. slowly trying to eat some solids now. went juma earlier and was walking past some takeaway shops, i'm craving chicken and chips. Apparently it hurts when the scabs come off.
                          Attached Files
                          From brother Pearl44uk.

Allah Hu Akbar

Comment

Tonsil Pain

Friday 24th September - End of Day 4

Well i was planning to go a sleep when i though let me see i've anything has changed in the tonsil area, and when i looked, i could see blot clots. i presume its from my scabs coming off but i've heard some horror stories about having to go into hospital to seal the wounds. i so nervous about going asleep as my blood clots may open up and i might bleed in my sleep. Also my uluva (the middle bit of the mouth that hangs out) is still swollen, its just not going down. this is more the problem the the actual tonsil healing.
                            Attached Files
                            From brother Pearl44uk.

Allah Hu Akbar

Comment

Saturday 25th September - Day 5

just woke up to a very sore painful throat but this time my right ear is killing me. it takes a painful 30 mins of sipping water to ease the pain as well as 2 paracetamols. i was more concened about the blood clots i found yesterday and to see whether they have healed, and alhumdulilah, the blood clots are covered with scabs. i just want to be better and am fustrated with my progress even though i think i am handling things well. its waking up in the morning the most dreadful thing. as you can see in my picture some of the scabs are going but i have see that as a 'come and go' process, one day they're there, the next they are gone. really worried about having more blood clots, inshallah it will be minor, atleast i did not experience heavy bleeding. according to most people, after day 5 things get better, i hope thats true. check my latest picture.
                              Attached Files
                              From brother Pearl44uk.

Allah Hu Akbar

Comment

Saturday 25nd September - Day 5 (17:31)

so far so good. i went for a 1hr nap and woke up with immense pain again. i'm getting sgarp on an off pan in my tonsils now and ear ache comes and goes too. i managed to eat vegetable and chicken without any hassle today which is a good sign. but after my nap i drank a cup on tea and had some cake and boy are my tonsils hurting. i've had to have some pain killers now and inshallah it will last until esha. i hope i do not wake up with a dry throat again. i noticed my mum and dad give me opposite instructions to the doctors. my mum is telling me to eat roti when i should have soft foods, my dad is saying don't drink too much water when i should be keeping my throat hydrated. i think thats the mentality of the asian culture. o yeah no sign of any blood clots at the moment. might post a pic later but if not then definently tomorrow.
                                From brother Pearl44uk.

Allah Hu Akbar

Comment

Working...
                                X