Has anyone had their tonsils out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Has anyone had their tonsils out?

I had em done when I were really young and I loved it, they'll feed you toast all day though, don't eat anything hard! I loved it because I was really young, I think four, it was like first class service I'd press the button and the nurse would come running.

They even gave me my own TV with Nintendo 64 and loads of games, a car that I could drive around in around the hospital (battery powered). It was fun, but I did one stupid thing, I took the feeding needle thing out of my hand and there was blood everywhere!

Comment

sis.....I used to have major major tonsil issues when i was at uni and I actually realised that it was linked with my stress levels.

And then Alhumdollilah I started to relax more and watch my diet and Alhumdoolilah it hasnt come back

except in March this year had a real real tough time with everything going wrong that could possibly go wrong....and you what happened....my tonsild flared up. LOL and it ached like beyond aching.....so maybe your could be related to other stuff as well
      وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

isnt there any use for the tonsils that we can remove it and have no side effects?....

Comment

Originally posted by Jenicca View Post
          sis.....I used to have major major tonsil issues when i was at uni and I actually realised that it was linked with my stress levels.

And then Alhumdollilah I started to relax more and watch my diet and Alhumdoolilah it hasnt come back

except in March this year had a real real tough time with everything going wrong that could possibly go wrong....and you what happened....my tonsild flared up. LOL and it ached like beyond aching.....so maybe your could be related to other stuff as well
          Wow never heard of that before :S. My stress levels are at their lowest alhamdulillah and I've never really had this problem before- including times of stress in the past. With me it's been these last few months of 2010...and can't say I've really changed my diet all that much either?
          ربنا واجعلنا مسلمين لك ومن ذريتنا أمة مسلمة لك وأرنا مناسكنا وتب علينا إنك أنت التواب الرحيم

Our Lord, make us Muslims submitted to You, and our descendants a Muslim community submitted to You. Show us our rites of worship and turn towards us. You are the Ever-Returning, the Most Merciful. [2: 128]

http://livingthemuslimlife.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Hijabistani View Post
            I thought they only take your tonsils out if you keep getting tonsilitis. I've never had them out. i do remember having them at 12 and they were so swollen i found it difficult to eat. I then went soho road with my mum and ended up vomiting-the projectile vomitting sort- in a desi clothes shop.

i found it rather amusing.
            Ah you're putting me off meinen food, you sicko *rotfl*
            "Meet people in such a manner that if you die, they should weep for you, and if you live, they should long for you." Hadhrat Ali-Ibn-Talib (RadiAllaah Anhu)
            Shan-e-Aisha

Comment

Originally posted by Jenicca View Post

I've noticed that too. I am a school teacher, and i've noticed when i'm stressed, i am ill, and my tonsilitus come. but inshallah i will remove them, and i hope it'll help my voice projection too because my tonsils seem like golf balls in real life and clog my throat up. does anyone know the difference between removing a tonsil stone yourself and actually removing the tonsil through surgery, whats better!
              From brother Pearl44uk.

Allah Hu Akbar

Comment

If I get in again They are going to take them out the last time I had it they became infected and turned into glandular fever I was in hospital for a week. Wsa on a drip as I hadn't ate anything for over two weeks. So I always panic when I have a slight sore throat.

May Allah make ti easy for you sis. ameen
                And to Allah belong the soldiers of the heavens and the earth, and ever is Allah Knowing and Wise. [And] that He may admit the believing men and the believing women to gardens beneath which rivers flow to abide therein eternally and remove from them their misdeeds - and ever is that, in the sight of Allah , a great attainment.

Surah Fatĥ 4/5

Comment

Had them taken out when I was 12, not had a problem since. Didnt have much with them before, but had them taken out anyway
                  You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

i phoned the hospital today and am gonna get my tonsils removed on the 2nd of november (homerton hositpital, hackney). pretty scary for me cos i've never ever been sedated or had an operation in my life.
                    From brother Pearl44uk.

Allah Hu Akbar

Comment

Originally posted by brotherpearl44uk View Post
                      i phoned the hospital today and am gonna get my tonsils removed on the 2nd of november (homerton hositpital, hackney). pretty scary for me cos i've never ever been sedated or had an operation in my life.
                      May Allah make the procedure a success and grant you a complete and lasting shifaa, aameen. Please post about your experience afterwards akhi! I did some research yday and apparently having your tonsils out as an adult is a harder job than in kids (like most of the people who posted in this thread). InshaAllah yours will go fine.
                      ربنا واجعلنا مسلمين لك ومن ذريتنا أمة مسلمة لك وأرنا مناسكنا وتب علينا إنك أنت التواب الرحيم

Our Lord, make us Muslims submitted to You, and our descendants a Muslim community submitted to You. Show us our rites of worship and turn towards us. You are the Ever-Returning, the Most Merciful. [2: 128]

Comment

SubhanAllah, I took time in replying and my post was completely ignored.

Comment

Originally posted by MuslimSoljah View Post
                          SubhanAllah, I took time in replying and my post was completely ignored.
                          I don't think I replied to every post in the thread but khayr, jazakAllahu khayran for your contribution.

Comment

Originally posted by eternal journey View Post
                            May Allah make the procedure a success and grant you a complete and lasting shifaa, aameen. Please post about your experience afterwards akhi! I did some research yday and apparently having your tonsils out as an adult is a harder job than in kids (like most of the people who posted in this thread). InshaAllah yours will go fine.
                            thanks for making me feel better
                            From brother Pearl44uk.

Allah Hu Akbar

Comment

Originally posted by brotherpearl44uk View Post
                              thanks for making me feel better
                              Oops Shifaa is from Allah so may He make your op a success, aameen.

Comment

My tosilitus operation is this tuesday now, pls make dua i'll be ok. i guess i can create a daily log of my experience.
                                From brother Pearl44uk.

Allah Hu Akbar

Comment

Working...
                                X