X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• neelu
    replied
    Re: Greeting Sisters

You don't need to interact with the sisters at all. You can say salam if you want but they're not obliged to reply. If there is a pressing need to speak to a sister about something (for example if the prayer room location is moved without informing you and you can't see any brothers to ask), then you can ask a sister but obviously any interaction that does occur needs to be done in a formal manner so no physical contact (that includes shaking hands) and don't expect eye contact.

Leave a comment:

• x--x
    replied

No need to say anything :)

Leave a comment:

• Islam.07
    replied

Originally posted by Uthman Ibn Afan View Post
    Walaykum Salaam
    arent there seperate prayers rooms for men & women?
    My thoughts exactly. :scratch:

Leave a comment:

• Uthman Ibn Afan
    replied

Walaykum Salaam
    arent there seperate prayers rooms for men & women?

Leave a comment:

• Nawar
    replied

Asalaam alaykum David.

In regards to your question, as a sister and having spent 4 years at University and visited many other prayer rooms, I hope I can give you a valuable insight. I would recommend not interacting with the sisters or passing salaams etc. This is not expected of you, and some sisters might not even like that. Just walk in, do what you need to do, and leave Inshallah.

I assume from your post that the prayer area is just one room, and sisters pray at the back? Is there no division/partition? If there are many sisters in there and you are the only brother, I would wait until they have finished and left before you go in. If other brothers are there praying then that's fine. If there are only a few sisters, then I see no harm in your taking to the front and performing your prayers, even if you are the only brother. If there is only one sister, I would say wait till she leaves, or pray but leave the door open.

Hope this helps. :up:

Leave a comment:

• Arsalan
    replied

Originally posted by Umm_Adam_ View Post
    Why Do You Wanna Know :scratch:
    Interested. Why do you ask?

Leave a comment:

• muhammad81
    replied

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/pda/ref/islamqa/39258

Leave a comment:

• Umm_Adam_
    replied

Originally posted by Arsalan View Post
    Why did you revert to Islam?

Why Do You Wanna Know :scratch:

Leave a comment:

• Umm_Adam_
    replied

Walikum Assalaam

:masha: Brother Mabrooks On Reverting :)

And Sisters Its Best Not To Say Owt Like You Can Give Salaams. I Mean That Would Be Quite Respectful I Think Buh Dont Go In When The Sisters Are Praying.

Leave a comment:

• Arsalan
    replied

Why did you revert to Islam?

Leave a comment:

• Davidc
    started a topic Greeting Sisters

Greeting Sisters

saalamu alaikum

I hope everyone had a fruitful and blessed Ramadan, and I pray that Allah gives us strength to hold onto the positive changes we've made.

I reverted to Islam a few months ago, and I've recently been visiting the prayer room at my university. It's a small prayer room and I frequently see sisters there. I get nervous because I dont know what to say or do.. or if I'm even allowed in the prayer room while there are there! I don't want to offend anyone, and I dont want to seem rude by not saying anything, if that is expected of me. I'm so ignorant on the topic and i need advice. haha.

Thanks!
Working...
X