A wife gets a divorce in Jordan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A wife gets a divorce in Jordan

The marriage laws were changed in Jordan in January and now, for the very first time, a wife has successfully sued for a divorce in Jordan. How do you see this breakthrough? Will the habit spread?
    Please Re-update your Signature

What's so 'new' about it?

Women have always been able to divorce their husbands in Islam, although divorce is frowned on as a solution for both men and women. So it is nothing new! Why so excited?

Jamila

Comment

Women allowed being divorce if she do not like her husband. It was mentioned that a woman was forced to marry man by her family. When the prophet hear about her, he declared that their marriage is incorrect.
      (P.S: most of laws in Arab countreies are no Islamic, It is mixture from : Ottoman, French, English and local laws)

Comment

Jamila, a divorce is always a tragedy and nothing to be delighted about! But if something happens for the first time, I think it's worth noting. Bilal, thanks for explaining the backgrounds.

Comment

indeed a news

Outsider may be its nothing new, and in europe its very often , but for the people which come here to learn more about muslim religion i believe this divorce shows that the women are free indeed in muslim countries. Until now i read only about how great is to share the husband ,after some timmings with other women. I cannot imagine this marriage how look.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
          X