Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• East or West London, which is best?

:salams

So as a Canuck, I don't know anything about London except the one in Canada and even then, I don't know much about it. So how is London, UK? And which is better, east or west?
    وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُواْ لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُواْ بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ
    "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."
    Surah al-Baqarah ayah 186
    [2:186]

.:.
    .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
    Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

Re: East or West London, which is best?

West. *check ur reps*

Comment

:wswrwb:

By the way you mean Canuck as in Canadian right?

West is the best, East beats the rest, North is full of Jews and South (you can finish that rhyme off)

But east is dangerous only thing is it is populated with Muslims, South you'll get shot, North is full of jews which i find amazing and West is mashaAllah the safest place
      (The hypocrites) will call the believers: "Were we not with you?" The believers will reply: "Yes! But you led yourselves into temptations, you looked forward for our destruction; you doubted (in Faith); and you were deceived by false desires, till the Command of Allah came to pass. And the chief deceiver (Satan) deceived you in respect of Allah."57:14

Comment

the west side ! :D

Comment

West/Central

East London is nice, but its kinda, dirty....

"How often we cry over Fate, but abundant good lies just behind it. O soul, it is goodness, even if it arrives after a while."

Comment

walaikum salaam

EAST LONDON!!!!!!!!!

without east london...londond would be a very boring place
            Your 9/11 is how we live 24/7 ~ yours sincerely Palestine

My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Jannah101 View Post
              walaikum salaam

EAST LONDON!!!!!!!!!

wat evaaa !! :p

Comment

It depends what you are looking for really....like anywhere there are nice/dumpy parts to both west and east London...though east is more dumpy than nice...west London is also abit greener

North London is full of jews? Hmmm....not rlly

Ru moving to London pips?

Comment

is everyone talking about lookwise? coz we have improved alot alhamdulillah :)

i actually dont know alot about west london apart from its EXPENSIVE! east london also has loadsa islamic institutes on our doorstep :)...east london masjid - where the adhan is out loud :) - walking on the streets after tarawih is like ur walkin in a muslim country :) we got loadsa islamic book shops :) living here feels like ur living back home :) lol

il add more qualitites of east in abit..
                  Your 9/11 is how we live 24/7 ~ yours sincerely Palestine

My Blog

Comment

walaikum salaam

EAST LONDON!!!!!!!!!

totally back the above statement. West London is a bit too posh and very quiet, East London is almost the same as pakistan, india, or bangladesh. its like your at home. plenty of mosques too and more lively. North is OK, is a combination or east and west, South London is by far a ghetto town, basically after 9pm your life is in risk on the streets.
                    From brother Pearl44uk.

Allah Hu Akbar

Comment

walaikum salaam

EAST LONDON!!!!!!!!!

what are you talking about, have you ever been to bush? ladbroke grove? ealing? its the heart of london!!!

Comment

west london, south west is better though, more mixed.

Comment

:wswrwb:
                          Not that I've been to London but I've heard that (if you're Desi) East London is the place to be.
                          Last edited by Zebunissa; 08-09-10, 01:00 PM.
                          "Meet people in such a manner that if you die, they should weep for you, and if you live, they should long for you." Hadhrat Ali-Ibn-Talib (RadiAllaah Anhu)
                          Shan-e-Aisha

Comment

Originally posted by brotherpearl44uk View Post
                            ... East London is almost the same as pakistan, india, or bangladesh. its like your at home....
                            maybe thats why I don't get the hype with East London, because I am from none of the above places.

but I have to be fair, you don't get Gulab Jamun in West, and masha'Allah T'barakAllah wa lilahalhamd that is worth a trip to East (no matter how dirty it is)

Originally posted by muslima347 View Post
                            what are you talking about, have you ever been to bush? ladbroke grove? ealing? its the heart of london!!!
                            exactly.

"How often we cry over Fate, but abundant good lies just behind it. O soul, it is goodness, even if it arrives after a while."

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenix CG View Post
                              west london, south west is better though, more mixed.
                              you reckon? i find there are a few communities but they dont mingle together the same way shepherds bush does

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X