Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agree;) What has to do the advice with the fact you are married or not :D

Comment

The difference is that between theory and practice. There's a huge gap, but only those that have the two will know.
      Sometimes I too wonder if the admonitions of some christian priests who are not allowed to marry by their churches to the worshipers in their churches on the subject could be relied upon by those worshipers. Experience opens up doors of knowledge even wider and allows the seeker to it more latitude than he will have with only teachers, books, links to relevant sites, etc.
      Eid-el-Mubarak
      Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

Yes but still they can have an experience from the family. Living in a muslim family can give you an idea about what its allowed or not and at your turn will expect the wife to behave in certain way.;)

Comment

Sure, you,re right.
          However, I can assure you experience acquired through observer status is nowhere like one that came as a result of participation or first hand status. For instance, I didn't have the full import of what it takes to raise a child until I underwent the experience. This was inspite of what I might have read in the qur'an and other sources on the subject (wahnun 'ala wahnun, etc) and the fact that I lived in a muslim family. Moreover, my contemporaries that I shared my realisation to corroborated with their individual stories.
          What I'm still contemplating is whether I'd have been much more kinder to my mother than I am at present, if I had the experience of carrying a baby in my own womb for nine months and also felt the pains of delivering him/her. I believe this is a knowledge that is beyond us men. We would just have to make do with whatever fraction of it we can acquire from our sisters.
          Massalaam, amal, asiagirl, all.

Comment

If you post your question to theQ&A section of http:www.sunnipath.com under the Hanafi madhhab, I know of an ustad who is very expert in hanling marriage issues. Most o the questions do come from Pakistanis and Indians, but the answers are very applicable to the Western world - he seems to have a very good understanding of the world in which we live. He is always certain to answer questions in a level-headed manner which preserves the modesty of questioner and responder. I do highly reccommend this Q&A service. May Allah bless the fine ustad who set it up and works so hard on it.

Comment

Working...
            X