Guidelines for young unmarried women

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guidelines for young unmarried women

I am a 17 year old girl attending college. Could you please help us by clarifying some of our doubts.
    1. Is it proper to wear high heeled shoes, nail polish, and anklets as these are sometimes not covered by niqab or hijab. Is it lawful for a girls bare feet to be seen in public?
    2. As i am unmarried, is it unlawful to wear makeup. Some of my sisters say that it is only for married women for her husband.
    3. Is it unlawful to wear a bra, since it shows the female form more?
    4. My father has decided to do my marriage, and he has found a groom. He has only seen me in full covering, and he and his family has requested to my father for a full photograph showing my face and without niquab, for him to decide whether he likes me. Is this permissible, since it is an important decision for him.
    Please Re-update your Signature

sis, ul find most of the answers2 ur questions at

www.islam-qa.com and
    www.ask-imam.com

Ws
    You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Comment

Re: Guidelines for young unmarried women

Originally posted by asiagirl1
      Is it lawful for a girls bare feet to be seen in public?
      I also would love to know the answer to that Question:D

sorry I don't know the exact answers to all the other Questions

I hope that you have some good luck with the sites that ebony has given you.

Ma'Salama

Comment

Actually sis, i searched those sites but didnt find any specific answers. Also they dont seem to be taking new questions as they are busy.

Thanks anyway.

Comment

You could post in the Question & Answer section at http://forums.clearguidance.com
          respect refugees

Comment

Actually sis, i searched those sites but didnt find any specific answers...
            appearantly you didnt see the answers, let me help you a bit. even as you might not see the relevance of some of the questions/answers by the title you may read the full fatawas to see the relation to your questions:

Limits of looking at one’s fiancée and the ruling on touching her and being alone with her. Is her permission a condition of being allowed to look at her?

Praying with nail polish

Ruling on using cosmetics

Ruling on using nail polish, and does it have to be removed when doing wudoo’

Removing nail polish before making wudoo'

Types of make-up that affect wudoo and ghusl

Using makeup in front of mahrams

Ruling on using kohl, henna and cosmetics

What is a woman permitted to uncover in front of other women and mahrams?

Women wearing anklets

It is better for a woman to wear socks even if her garment covers her feet

Women uncovering their hands in front of vendors … a wrong action

Wearing revealing and short clothes, and the limits of women’s ‘awrah in front of other women

Wearing short or tight clothes in front of other women and mahrams

Ruling concerning women covering their feet in prayer

however, i have not found anything on brassiers.

in addition you might have a look at this informative online book esp. the chapters about marriage, matters pertaining women, clothing and adornment:

Manhiaat - Disallowed Matters by Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid
            URGENT!!! your help is badly needed - fundraising for marriage

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by baba
                You could post in the Question & Answer section at http://forums.clearguidance.com
                besides, bro baba, please apologize my arrogance - but do you consider yourself being qualified to give advice to young unmarried women on this matter while being a young unmarried boy yourself? ;)

Comment

abdul hakim

he posted a link, he didnt give any advice
                  .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
                  نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
                  دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMubarak
                    abdul hakim

he posted a link, he didnt give any advice
                    surely there was an advice - it suggested: you better go to another (implying more reliable/knowledgable) forum lol - anyway i was just teasing my buddy

Comment

what are saying the parents i read on this forum , when other bro asked for guidance he was advised to talk with the imam.

Comment

Re: Guidelines for young unmarried women

I am a 17 year old girl attending college. Could you please help us by clarifying some of our doubts.
                        1. Is it proper to wear high heeled shoes, nail polish, and anklets as these are sometimes not covered by niqab or hijab. Is it lawful for a girls bare feet to be seen in public?
                        2. As i am unmarried, is it unlawful to wear makeup. Some of my sisters say that it is only for married women for her husband.
                        3. Is it unlawful to wear a bra, since it shows the female form more?
                        4. My father has decided to do my marriage, and he has found a groom. He has only seen me in full covering, and he and his family has requested to my father for a full photograph showing my face and without niquab, for him to decide whether he likes me. Is this permissible, since it is an important decision for him.
                        Sorry to say, but your questions make a big laugh to someone who is not tied to a religion. Of course, religions are free to all.

Comment

Re: Re: Guidelines for young unmarried women

Originally posted by Justcurious
                          Sorry to say, but your questions make a big laugh to someone who is not tied to a religion. Of course, religions are free to all.
                          JC...whats the point of comin in the post just to laugh at people who are only asking questions 2 try and better themselves and make sure they are doin the best they can 4 Islam??
                          Cuz ur not really gonna help by just doing that yanno
                          .: Rufaida :.
                          .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
                          http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
                          “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
                          but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
                          ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
                          <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Re: Re: Guidelines for young unmarried women

Originally posted by Justcurious
                            Sorry to say, but your questions make a big laugh to someone who is not tied to a religion.
                            Someone has come for advice, and not to hear your snide comments.

If you cannot help, there is no need to flame the situation.
                            [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][I]O you passionately in love with the meaning of Our beauty, [/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
                            [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][I]Our dowry is expensive for the one who proposes to Us: [/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
                            [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][I]An emaciated body and spirit full of care [/I][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman][I]and eyes which do not taste sleep, [/I][/FONT][/SIZE]
                            [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][I]And a heart which does not contain other than Us.[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
                            [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][I]If you want to pay the price, [/I][/SIZE][/FONT]
                            [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3][I]Then be annihilated if you wish for eternal annihilation.[/I][/SIZE][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by abdulhakeem
                              besides, bro baba, please apologize my arrogance - but do you consider yourself being qualified to give advice to young unmarried women on this matter while being a young unmarried boy yourself? ;)
                              Yes.

:D
                              respect refugees

Comment

Working...
                              X