Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Current situation of Arabs.

Decline of Arabs

The Arabs have lost the leadership of the Muslim world. They are now on the verge of losing respect too. Nothing that they do mitigates the all-pervasive despair with regard to their standing in the Muslim world. That they are a squabbling lot, is an old story. The fact that is more frightening is that they are emerging the only friends of Israel and may soon be the best guarantors of its expansionist designs.

Turkey's 'Peace Flotilla' has as much made a dent into the Arab image as it has wrested friends from Israel from the allies in the West. Iran with its growing prowess to face up to United States' blandishments on nuclear issue, is now teaching the Arabs a lesson two in maintaining some self-esteem and protecting their sovereignty. Egypt, once the champion of Arab pride, has all but surrendered its autonomy and respect, by raising a wall along the Gaza border. Dictator Hosni Mubarak is thus buying US acquiescence for smooth succession of his son Gamal to the seat of presidency.

Bunch of families that ruled the Arab world 30 years ago are still firm in their seats. Al-Saud's endless line of brothers is still at the helms in Saudi Arabia. Hafez Al-Assad of Syria has been succeeded by his son Bashar, notwithstanding pretences of Baathist ideology. Shah Hussein's son is in saddle in Amman. Ali Abdullah Saleh continues to rule from Sana'a despite territorial fission and fusion during the last 30 years. Gaddafi is grooming his son in Libya.

Stability of the ruling family is perhaps how Arabs judge political stability. Several of them have of course erected facades of democracy by creating 'parties of rulers'. Most Parliaments merely serve to endorse rulers' decisions rather than reflecting popular aspirations and opinion. Curiously, it is the tiny, trouble-torn community of Palestinians that holds regular elections and anoints a popular ruler and thereby is an island of democracy.

Arabs have failed in all departments of human effort except in matters of procreation. Their number has doubled--from 180 million in 1980 to 360 million in 2010-- in the last 30 years. Their lack of creativity is the ideal fodder for doomsayers. All that they manufacture together is less than what is produced by the Philippines. In 20 years--between 1980 and 2000--Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Kuwait, the UAE and Syria could register merely 367 patents. Their chief foe Israel registered 7,652 patents while tiny South Korea had 16,328 patents.

No doubt, the sovereign wealth funds for the oil rich Gulf countries are doing well. But they have no clue as to how this national wealth can be distributed unless the vast army of youth is gainfully employed. Some of these nations have a bloated bureaucracy. Seven million of 80 million Egyptians are government servants. Oppressive regimes employ too many people to keep watch on people rather than to serve them. Often Mukhabarat (intelligence) is the largest wing of officialdom. Back panels of public loos are often the better reflectors of public opinion rather than the front pages of newspapers.

There seems to be no escape from the sorry mess in which the Arabs are finding themselves. Unless Arabs come to grips with crucial issues of representative governance, allowing popular aspirations to prevail, and chalk out strategies to channelize energies of youth, they will have little room to retrieve their lost esteem.

http://islamicvoice.com/August2010-R...DeclineofArabs
    Where there are no Ulemah(Scholars) there are many Muftis.

I
    deal System of Living for All Mankind .

Re: Current situation of Arabs.

dont worry

arabs are the chosen people:up:

Comment

Originally posted by IbnJa'far View Post
      dont worry

they are? ... i thought it was only the ones from the tribe of the Quraish .... i might be wrong ...

Comment

i belive the prophet S.A.W. said that an arab isint any better then a white man or a black man or an asian man.

the ummah needs a revolution.
        And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (Allâh) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in Allâh and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allâh with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

dont worry

oh please...

read the last sermon of the prophet PBUH
          "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

dont worry

That doesn't mean anything really, If you recall clearly, the Jews were also the "Chosen ones" ... and we know what happened to them ...

the Arabs are the Chosen people to to be the Ambassadors of Islam, they should be Firm Upon the Quran/Sunnah, it has been revealed to a Messenger :saw: among them, in theor Own Language, what an Honour bestowed upon by Allah Ta'ala, but instead we see what has happened, they have become Secularised/Ignorrant and even helpt the Kuffar attack their Own brethren ... (I'm not talking about the Scholars here) ...

:jkk:
            http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Arabs are a nation amongst nations on this planet , from them came the prophet pbuh.
              they are to be respected like any other people.
              they command respect like you command respects
              so when you say arabs i suggest you change that to some arabs as you cannot judge an entire nation

Comment

Is *IslamicVoice* a good & reliable source of news/information ? :scratch:

I was thinking of subscribing to it .

On a side note, their Life Membership is for 20 years. Do they know everyone's life will only be for 20 more years ? :D

Comment

Originally posted by ~TwinklingStar~ View Post
                  Is *IslamicVoice* a good & reliable source of news/information ? :scratch:

I was thinking of subscribing to it .

On a side note, their Life Membership is for 20 years. Do they know everyone's life will only be for 20 more years ? :D
                  Buy a few copies and decide for yourself .They were one of the first Islamic journals to promote Zakir Naik when he was unknown during the early 90s .
                  Where there are no Ulemah(Scholars) there are many Muftis.

I
                  deal System of Living for All Mankind .

Comment

Originally posted by hamza89 View Post
                    Arabs are a nation amongst nations on this planet , from them came the prophet pbuh.
                    they are to be respected like any other people.
                    they command respect like you command respects
                    so when you say arabs i suggest you change that to some arabs as you cannot judge an entire nation
                    It is apparent that the Majority are gradually being more and more Secularised, other Muslim nations have become almost totally secularised, I don't scratch anyones backs ...

what is Haqq is Haqq ...

also I suggest you read the Quran again, you will find that Respect/Honour is given to people of certain Qualities, in short those who Muslimeen who Enjoin the Good and forbid the Evil and believe in Allah Ta'ala ...

Allah ta'ala states who the Best of Peoples, the Best Nation are ...

Al-Quran, Chapter3, Ayah 110
                    -----------------------------
                    "Ye are the best of peoples, evolved for mankind, enjoining what is right, forbidding what is wrong, and believing in Allah. If only the People of the Book had faith, it were best for them: among them are some who have faith, but most of them are perverted transgressors."

Comment

With respect, I don't think this is a matter of secularisation, but rather one of education.

If you look at the literacy stats (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._literacy_rate), the numbers for Arab states (and Muslim nations generally) is appalling! For example, in Egypt only 66% of people are literate and that falls to just over 50% for Pakistan (which I know isn't an Arab state, but nevertheless underlines my point).

Schools for basic education need not cost money. Why can't Mosques teach basic literacy / numeracy? After all that was how mass education started in the Western world - through the churches. Once you're doing that, then you can look at advanced education with the construction of proper schools and universities. Everything else follows from that.

Comment

Originally posted by RazielTemp View Post
                        That doesn't mean anything really, If you recall clearly, the Jews were also the "Chosen ones" ... and we know what happened to them ...

the Arabs are the Chosen people to to be the Ambassadors of Islam, they should be Firm Upon the Quran/Sunnah, it has been revealed to a Messenger :saw: among them, in theor Own Language, what an Honour bestowed upon by Allah Ta'ala, but instead we see what has happened, they have become Secularised/Ignorrant and even helpt the Kuffar attack their Own brethren ... (I'm not talking about the Scholars here) ...

unlike the jews Allah hasnt cursed the arabs

al mahdi the savior of the ummah wil be an arab

so will the banu tamim tribe who will face the dajjal

Comment

Correct. But that doesn't mean the current situation of the Arabs today is great? They're all asleep and they need a wake up call!

Comment

The problem in arab countries, as well as in many other countries of the muslim world, is that they are ruling by philosophies/systems of governance other then Islam. Many of their leaders, decisions and policies are designed to appease the non muslims.
                            "Closer and closer to mankind comes their Reckoning: yet they heed not and they turn away" (21:1)

Comment

True, but being an Arab does not mean that you have a free Ticket to Jannah, which was the point I was making ...

also the Arab states are getting further and further away from Islam, by aiding and abetting the Kuffar, by allowing their Muslims brothers and Sisters to suffer at the hands of the Kuffar/Mushriks ...

Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 22-09-10, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X