Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Living in Saudi?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Living in Saudi?

    As-sallamu alikum wa rahmatu Allahi wa barakatuhu

    Well, I'm planning to move to Saudi Arabia inshAllah in two years time bi2thnAllah. I would have just finished my first year of university by then in the UK, so Id be looking for universities in Saudi Arabia – which ofcourse have to accept non KSA students. Anyone living in Saudi Arabia? Or know how the life style is there? Im really excited inshAllah, new friends, new beginning, and the opportunity to gain condensed Islamic knowledge. Im anticipating that within a few years after moving there Id be able to wear niqaab inshAllah.

    Tell me what you all think about Saudi Arabia?

  • #2
    Re: Living in Saudi?

    You will be an expat woman!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Living in Saudi?

      Originally posted by MuslimSoljah View Post
      You will be an expat woman!
      What do you mean? I could proabby get the saudi citizenship if i wanted to, because my father knows a man with good links with the saudi government. But i dont want to give up my british citizenship!

      As for feeling Saudi Arabia like "home", i doubt it will happen, and i dont mind really. Ive never felt anywhere like home. I strongly sense I'm a traveller /stranger.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Living in Saudi?

        Originally posted by BintelIisam View Post
        As-sallamu alikum wa rahmatu Allahi wa barakatuhu

        Well, I'm planning to move to Saudi Arabia inshAllah in two years time bi2thnAllah. I would have just finished my first year of university by then in the UK, so Id be looking for universities in Saudi Arabia – which ofcourse have to accept non KSA students. Anyone living in Saudi Arabia? Or know how the life style is there? Im really excited inshAllah, new friends, new beginning, and the opportunity to gain condensed Islamic knowledge. Im anticipating that within a few years after moving there Id be able to wear niqaab inshAllah.

        Tell me what you all think about Saudi Arabia?
        I'm I having de ja vu (other than the fact that it's from a female). I finished a year of uni before I got a chance to come here. Why I did it instead of working, I don't know but anyways:

        Saudi Arabia is the kingdom where nights are long and days are short. To make your stay an enjoyable one, please keep as much contact with Muslims of all kind from your original country. Sisters tend do enjoy it more than men do (they don't have to do all the running around since they can't drive cars) from what my married friends from here tell me.

        Will write again later in sha Allah.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Living in Saudi?

          Originally posted by BintelIisam View Post
          What do you mean? I could proabby get the saudi citizenship if i wanted to, because my father knows a man with good links with the saudi government. But i dont want to give up my british citizenship!

          As for feeling Saudi Arabia like "home", i doubt it will happen, and i dont mind really. Ive never felt anywhere like home. I strongly sense I'm a traveller /stranger.
          ^ keep that feeling, never let it go.

          If you can ignore the government and certain policies, for average life, it should be good. If you want to wear niqab, you will get support from all directions.
          "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

          Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Living in Saudi?

            What's it like living in Madinah?

            And how hard is it getting a job there?

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Living in Saudi?

              Originally posted by Khalid b. Walid View Post
              What's it like living in Madinah?

              And how hard is it getting a job there?
              Depends what job!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Living in Saudi?

                Originally posted by advertisement View Post
                I'm I having de ja vu (other than the fact that it's from a female). I finished a year of uni before I got a chance to come here. Why I did it instead of working, I don't know but anyways:

                Saudi Arabia is the kingdom where nights are long and days are short. To make your stay an enjoyable one, please keep as much contact with Muslims of all kind from your original country. Sisters tend do enjoy it more than men do (they don't have to do all the running around since they can't drive cars) from what my married friends from here tell me.

                Will write again later in sha Allah.
                My brothers friend, whos saudi, said that "ni7na elsu3udeen, sukaan ellayl" (Us Saudis, are the habitants / livers of the night) .
                Especially during Ramadan, they sleep all day, and wake up after Maghrib till after fajir! Haha, I’m learning how to drive though right now, because at the right moment you can drive in Saudi if you’re female, but you have to either be fully covered or no niqaab and no makeup and over the age of 30. And my father tells me, within a few years, ladies will be able to drive. I personally prefer to drive; i don’t want to be dependent on my father and brothers.

                I would keep in touch with some of my close friends, and probably open a facebook account and keep in contact with my non-close friends by there – facebook can be a good medium when used appropriately and correctly.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Living in Saudi?

                  Originally posted by MuslimSoljah View Post
                  Depends what job!
                  A job that will pay up to western standards you soljah.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Living in Saudi?

                    Originally posted by samin62 View Post
                    ^ keep that feeling, never let it go.

                    If you can ignore the government and certain policies, for average life, it should be good. If you want to wear niqab, you will get support from all directions.
                    InshAllah =)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Living in Saudi?

                      Originally posted by advertisement View Post
                      A job that will pay up to western standards you soljah.
                      رئاسة الاستخبارات العامة

                      But I'm not recommending it! I have an idea of a Halal job there, not going to to tell anyone :D

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Living in Saudi?

                        Originally posted by MuslimSoljah View Post
                        رئاسة الاستخبارات العامة

                        But I'm not recommending it! I have an idea of a Halal job there, not going to to tell anyone :D
                        Telling anybody of a job idea isn't going to lessen the chances of you getting a bite on your rizq. Unless of course there is a specific job oppurtunity available in which case:

                        استعينوا على إكمال أموركم بالتكمان
                        Keep your affairs in order by keeping queit about them.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Living in Saudi?

                          Originally posted by advertisement View Post
                          Telling anybody of a job idea isn't going to lessen the chances of you getting a bite on your rizq. Unless of course there is a specific job oppurtunity available in which case:

                          استعينوا على إكمال أموركم بالتكمان
                          Keep your affairs in order by keeping queit about them.
                          Cous cous?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Living in Saudi?

                            Originally posted by MuslimSoljah View Post
                            Cous cous?
                            lolz. I'm gonna come down to your level just this once:

                            Did you just call me a cous which is a bad word in Arabic which has a meaning so bad I won't even say it?

                            It's time they dump you as a moderator and give Islam4u a chance. (if u are one)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Living in Saudi?

                              Dude, it isn't a bad word gosh! I was offering you some of this:
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	800px-Couscous-1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	10731698

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X