When children go to umrah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When children go to umrah

So my nephew turning 7 years old who has the same name as me came home today from umrah. I ask him about the trip. Funny, but his answer made me think that I stil a bit of a kid since I agreed when he said that the only thing he liked in Saudi was the milkshakes.

Children seem so much moire calmer after they come from umrah.

But we'll see how long it lasts before they start crying for x-box again.

Re: When children go to umrah

"Children seem so much moire calme" It is nice to get this thing from Umrah!
    Can I ask you about your impression if you have made umrah before!

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by advertisement View Post
      I agreed when he said that the only thing he liked in Saudi was the milkshakes.
      :O are you for real?
      Allah is 'closer to him than (his) jugular vein' (Quran - 50:16)
      ♥.. Any given time - I do my best to strive - In Your name I rise - The apple of my eyes ..♥

Comment

Originally posted by Soul20009 View Post
        "Children seem so much moire calme" It is nice to get this thing from Umrah!
        Can I ask you about your impression if you have made umrah before!

Regards
        My first Umrah with my dad and one of his good friends. It was through a long desert trip from Jeddah on a bus in the middle of the night. I remember just falling a sleep all the time. Then the bus stops by some fence in the desert. I go up some huge elevators after making wudu and then my dad's friend turns me around and says, "this is Al-Haram (the sacred masjid of Makkah)." I remember having feeling humbled, perhaps the feeling a child gets when he is in a big shop with no money all by himself?

I felt that way, because I knew I would have to do business with Allah and that the knowledge I had to do so was so little. Then quickly while the Athan had already started, I got my first glass of Zamzam water being told that it's alright to drink when the Athan had just started (which is the beautiful Athan of Makkah). Zamzam is for whatever you drink it for and you should drink as much Zamzam you can, so I always drank until my belly felt cold from all the water.

Those were the good days where bonding with my father (may Allah preserve him) was an Iman bonding. We weren't just running around the Ka'aba and then just going home like it was a funfair or something. We were together, worshiping Allah and looking out for each other.

May Allah keep those deeds for me and make these words a source of inspiration to myself to leave my evil deeds, do more good deeds as well as encourage others.

Originally posted by CloserThanVeins View Post
        :O are you for real?
        That's excluding Mecca and Madinah. I don't even live there, which I wish I did. I picked economic stability and a better curriculum over greater prayer opportunities to stay in Riyadh (like a dim-wit). Of which, my favorite part is the great juices, flavored non-alcoholic beer or milk shakes given out during brothers-only nights.
        Last edited by advertisement; 07-09-10, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X