Q for Ladies- New Style Niqabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q for Ladies- New Style Niqabs

I Have a question for women (especially those wearing niqabs)

Have any of you considered re designing the niqab that full fills the requirement of covering oneself etc but is different to the standard 'Ninja' style.

We have muslims from al sorts of background culture etc. Men wear different types of jabba from morroco to the gulf to the indo/pak regions. Why can't it be the same for women apart from the standard blank ninja outfit (if that is the right term)

Re: Q for Ladies- New Style Niqabs

on peace tv, the women in the audience wear niqab but not black, but with colour, dunno if thats there culture.
    وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
      on peace tv, the women in the audience wear niqab but not black, but with colour, dunno if thats there culture.
      Is that where the design is the same but colour is different.

I was thinking if i could think of any from top of my head. Something like a ladies hat, scarf round the neck thats pulled up to the nose (ok probably not gone.. not my forte) But i seriously think there could be a space for new style of niqabs designed by the new generation of muslims for their own environment.

Comment

niqqab isnt about style its about covering the face. and as they say - if it aint broke dont try and fix it.
        "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

I thought Niqab was supposed to make sure you avoid attention....
          "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

In East Algeria some women wear an haik, and it is an embroidered white fabric just as niqab.
            My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername
            Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Comment

i like the standard ninja style thanks very much.
              The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '
              (Shaikh Maulana Muhammad Yusuf)
              In Lam Takun Ghaadiban Annee Falaa Ubaalee...

Comment

Originally posted by KeeKee View Post
                i like the standard ninja style thanks very much.
                Looks like thats the standard response so suggestion withdrawn and case closed.

Comment

There are like 4 different styles I can think of right now... the single layer, double layer, triple layer, elastic tied niqaab and I think the new 'take your hijab and wrap it around your face niqaab'. I think the most comfortable one is the single layer because you can wear it with type of hijaab.
                  "Islam began as something strange and will return as it was, so give glad tidings to the strangers."
                  "Don't ever argue with an idiot....
                  they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Comment

Alot of women I see around wear the single layer with just the gap for the eyes
                    When I went London I saw a sister wear a niqab in a very nice way it was like a burqa abaya style niqab i didnt understand it looked complicated but looked beautiful
                    .................................................. ............ ;)................................................ ...................................

Comment

The reason why a scarf wrapped around the face wouldn't work compared to a layered niqab is because the layered one flows off your face allowing you to breathe more freely.

I would probaby wear a black surgical mask though...in a fabric that allows you to breathe out but also keeps the bad stuff out. :)
                      Please join my facebook page:

> > > The Islamic Digest < < <

Comment

hey she had a point, but seems like sisters gone kind of defensive...

Comment

Working...
                        X