Feeling so Awkward!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Feeling so Awkward!

This thread is verging on boasting now. In Sweden/Holland you would be considered a midgit.

Comment

Originally posted by samin62 View Post
      and I am taller than you :D

wait till you go to a somali masjid, all the pride you had cause of your height will just get shot in the face.
      lol too true.
      I'm 5''4, so when I'm walking around the house my bros ( older & youger ones) always tell eachother to be careful and not step on me. Not funny, lol.

Sis 5''9 is just masha Allah :)
      Last edited by whisperofimaan; 02-09-10, 09:19 PM.
      الحق لا يعرف بالرجال، اعرف الحق تعرف رجاله

Comment

Originally posted by islam4u2 View Post
        This thread is verging on boasting now. In Sweden/Holland you would be considered a midgit.
        seriously? :S

Comment

^ haaha doesnt that make you feel better sismuslimah? you're a midgit

The Prophet (saw) said, Verily, the knots of Islam will be undone one by one. Whenever one knot is lost, then the people grabbed onto the one which came after it. The first of these knots will be ruling and the last will be the salah.[1]

The author of Sitoon as-Sultaniyah says about this Hadith: “It was the Prophet who tied together the knots of Islam, including the uppermost knot of ruling after he established the Islamic state…As mentioned by Imam Mawardi the leadership has been proscribed as the succession of the Prophet in protecting the deen and governing the societal affairs. In this respect – Imam Baidawi mentioned that the Imama/Khalifah is the succession from the Prophet in the establishment of the laws of the Shari’ah. So without the Imam the laws lie unapplied and the territory is not protected effectively. The hadith indicates that it is the uppermost knot that keeps the subsequent knots safe from being untied. This is since it is the ruler that is responsible to apply Islam in its entirety, to implement the limits proscribed by Allah and to protect the society. Imam Ahmed mentioned without an Imam (for the Muslims as their leader) there would be fitna, and the destruction of the symbols of Islam ending with the Prayer is a great fitna.[2]

[1] Tabarani, Musnad Ahmad and Al Hakim in his Al Mustadrak
          [2] Ibid. pg. 46

Comment

Originally posted by adri View Post
            ^ haaha doesnt that make you feel better sismuslimah? you're a midgit
            LOL that does make me feel better... *i should move to holland*

Comment

As I sat in the back of the masjid during tarwee observing sis praying, I saw 3 sis standing in order of height (it just happened). One sis probably 5’, next 5’2’’, then the next 5’4’’. I looked and thought how beautiful the tallest sis looked just based off her height & how much difference only 2 inch made. Then a Somalian sister came in & stood next to them and masshallah she was almost 6’.

The perfect curve the 3 sis were making at a slope of 2inch/person was changed in to a polymeric equation now (I studied math in univ LOL). Now with the 4th sis, I didn’t notice their height as link to beauty. Instead I just notice how DIFFERENT people are and their height.
              Oh it was a nice observation

Comment

depends on your age if your 5'9 at 12-13 then you are tall

Comment

dont feel awkward...its the way Allah made you, be happy...theres loads fo tall men out there!...

if you are happy within yourself & the way Allah made you, no ones comments can affect you
                  check out this blog>>>http://myworldmuslimah.wordpress.com/

Comment

at 5 9, this will be your last of worries. Nothing to be awkward of. Plus I agree with the above post.
                    الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

Comment

Masha'Allah, Allah has given you a wonderful height, not awkward at all. I am 5'0 and I have a problem with not being able to see in the hallways because of so many tall people! xD You must not have a problem with that. >.< But anyways, your height is nice dear. There are many men out there that like women a bit on the taller side since it's an elegant look. Allah has made you perfect the way you are, so embrace his creation. (:
                      Last edited by semasahin; 23-09-10, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SisMuslimah View Post
                        wellll.. is it awkward for a girl to be 5'9? Or grow up to be 5'9 ? I just realized how awkward it feels to be a tall muslimah... all the brothers are short... atleast the ones ive seen... my family jokes around with me on how we will need to get a basketball player for you.. I usually just brush it off or laugh along but now its getting to me.. *sigh* and usuallly these auntie jii's comment on how tall i am.. its nice to hear compliments but it gets so annoying sometimes.. :( Now im worried about how Ill find a nice brother beeecause of the height.. i know its not all about the height but i feel awkward.
                        There's plenty tall guys left. Don't stress sis. Every male in my family and generation is 5'10''+ with the tallest being 6'4''. I'm the only one who is 5'7''. When 6'4'' cousin stands next to me, we look like Harry and Marv (the bandits from home alone). :)

People from Netherlands are generally the tallest in the world on average. African-Americans are tall as well.

Plenty left sis. Plenty! Don't stress! If it makes you feel awkward and it is an understandable ffeeling because of human nature, then just add to your criteria for 5'9''+. InshAllah you will get your match.

Comment

Working...
                        X