Feeling so Awkward!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeling so Awkward!

wellll.. is it awkward for a girl to be 5'9? Or grow up to be 5'9 ? I just realized how awkward it feels to be a tall muslimah... all the brothers are short... atleast the ones ive seen... my family jokes around with me on how we will need to get a basketball player for you.. I usually just brush it off or laugh along but now its getting to me.. *sigh* and usuallly these auntie jii's comment on how tall i am.. its nice to hear compliments but it gets so annoying sometimes.. :( Now im worried about how Ill find a nice brother beeecause of the height.. i know its not all about the height but i feel awkward.

Re: Feeling so Awkward!

lots of brothers out there taller then you sis. im 6 feet tall at last check, and like im pretty much average hight from where i from.

lots of black brothers got some serious hight too. i went to toronto and like i met this 14 year old black brother man he had at least 5 inches on me and like they were all that tall man. im 21 and they 14 and 15 with mashallah full beards and everything lol.

if you wanna talk awkward, then try explaining to people that youve been growinh your bearof for 2 years and its like only an inch long, lol.

like a mans beard is like a deer antlers. the hunter always shoots the deer with the bigger antlers.
    Last edited by uncle umar; 29-08-10, 07:14 AM.
    And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (Allâh) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in Allâh and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allâh with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

If you wanna know what awkward is, try being 5'0. That's what I am. I used to say " im not short im fun size" when i was a teen lool
      Fabi-ayyiala -i rabbikuma tukaththibani
      Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr8DR8frP_s

You are not here just to fill space or to be a background character in someone else's movie. Consider this: nothing would be the same if you did not exist. Every place you have ever been and everyone you have ever spoken to would be different without you. We are all connected, and we are all affected by the decisions and even the existence of those around us.

Comment

I went up the shopping mart yesterday and I saw this kala with this gori and they were like 6 " 4 eaCh , like gigantic or what. They could probably reach over the top shelf.

My beard grows very fast and thick , an inch in no time...

Originally posted by uncle umar View Post
        lots of brothers out there taller then you sis. im 6 feet tall at last check, and like im pretty much average hight from where i from.

lots of black brothers got some serious hight too. i went to toronto and like i met this 14 year old black brother man he had at least 5 inches on me and like they were all that tall man. im 21 and they 14 and 15 with mashallah full beards and everything lol.

if you wanna talk awkward, then try explaining to people that youve been growinh your bearof for 2 years and its like only an inch long, lol.

like a mans beard is like a deer antlers. the hunter always shoots the deer with the bigger antlers.
        "Closer and closer to mankind comes their Reckoning: yet they heed not and they turn away" (21:1)

Comment

Originally posted by nousername View Post
          If you wanna know what awkward is, try being 5'0. That's what I am. I used to say " im not short im fun size" when i was a teen lool
          LOL how cute :inlove:
          but sis muslimah, there are heaaaaps of tall brothers in the world, and maybe the ones you know are short, but there are heaps of people also you don't know, and many men are taller than you so it's okay
          sis, the right brother will come for you Insha'Allah, i will make dua you get a nice tall hubby :p

The Prophet (saw) said, Verily, the knots of Islam will be undone one by one. Whenever one knot is lost, then the people grabbed onto the one which came after it. The first of these knots will be ruling and the last will be the salah.[1]

The author of Sitoon as-Sultaniyah says about this Hadith: “It was the Prophet who tied together the knots of Islam, including the uppermost knot of ruling after he established the Islamic state…As mentioned by Imam Mawardi the leadership has been proscribed as the succession of the Prophet in protecting the deen and governing the societal affairs. In this respect – Imam Baidawi mentioned that the Imama/Khalifah is the succession from the Prophet in the establishment of the laws of the Shari’ah. So without the Imam the laws lie unapplied and the territory is not protected effectively. The hadith indicates that it is the uppermost knot that keeps the subsequent knots safe from being untied. This is since it is the ruler that is responsible to apply Islam in its entirety, to implement the limits proscribed by Allah and to protect the society. Imam Ahmed mentioned without an Imam (for the Muslims as their leader) there would be fitna, and the destruction of the symbols of Islam ending with the Prayer is a great fitna.[2]

[1] Tabarani, Musnad Ahmad and Al Hakim in his Al Mustadrak
          [2] Ibid. pg. 46

Comment

when i went to restaurants, I was still offered the kids menu and colors even when I was pregnant with my first son! im short and everyone assumes i'm way younger than i am. I am now 24 and just now am being addressed as an adult. but still sometimes people look at my husband dodgy because he is 5'9 and looks his age, and because I look a lot younger than i am, some ppl assume he's a weirdo with a young teenager.
            Fabi-ayyiala -i rabbikuma tukaththibani
            Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr8DR8frP_s

You are not here just to fill space or to be a background character in someone else's movie. Consider this: nothing would be the same if you did not exist. Every place you have ever been and everyone you have ever spoken to would be different without you. We are all connected, and we are all affected by the decisions and even the existence of those around us.

Comment

Originally posted by SisMuslimah View Post
              wellll.. is it awkward for a girl to be 5'9? Or grow up to be 5'9 ? I just realized how awkward it feels to be a tall muslimah... all the brothers are short... atleast the ones ive seen... my family jokes around with me on how we will need to get a basketball player for you.. I usually just brush it off or laugh along but now its getting to me.. *sigh* and usuallly these auntie jii's comment on how tall i am.. its nice to hear compliments but it gets so annoying sometimes.. :( Now im worried about how Ill find a nice brother beeecause of the height.. i know its not all about the height but i feel awkward.
              Be happy with it. You are in a really good range. I am with Umar, He is 6 and I am 5'11/6 (between that) and we feel awkward around brothers who are younger than us but around 6'2 or 6'4.

Last edited by Grotbags; 29-08-10, 07:02 PM. Reason: Quoted post deleted
              "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

You gotta think of it a bit like the Wookies and the Ewoks. Both are cute in their own way.

Originally posted by nousername View Post
                when i went to restaurants, I was still offered the kids menu and colors even when I was pregnant with my first son! im short and everyone assumes i'm way younger than i am. I am now 24 and just now am being addressed as an adult. but still sometimes people look at my husband dodgy because he is 5'9 and looks his age, and because I look a lot younger than i am, some ppl assume he's a weirdo with a young teenager.
                "Closer and closer to mankind comes their Reckoning: yet they heed not and they turn away" (21:1)

Comment

5'9 isnt awkward imho for a girl.

im like 5'5 so thts embarassing for me cuz its too short :(
                  Reported by Ibn al-Salah:

ولقد أحسن الحسن بن أبي زياد اللؤلؤي صاحب أبي حنيفة فيما بلغنا عنه أنه استفتي في مسألة فأخطأ فيها ولم يعرف الذي أفتاه فاكترى مناديا فنادى أن الحسن بن أبي زياد استفتي يوم كذا وكذا في مسألة فأخطأ فمن كان أفتاه الحسن بن أبي زياد بشيء فليرجع إليه
                  فلبث أياما لا يفتي حتى وجد صاحب الفتوى فأعلمه أنه أخطأ وإن الصواب كذا وكذا والله أعلم

Comment

Originally posted by IbnulQayyim View Post
                    5'9 isnt awkward imho for a girl.

im like 5'5 so thts embarassing for me cuz its too short :(
                    What's awkward is some of your posts show that you've had some similar interests as me and I'm about the same height as you too. Maybe our height has to do with this? (rofl)

But on a more serious note, some guys are equally attracted to taller ladies (even taller than themselves) but go for shortie cuz of their own confidence issues.

Comment

Originally posted by advertisement View Post
                      What's awkward is some of your posts show that you've had some similar interests as me and I'm about the same height as you too. Maybe our height has to do with this? (rofl)

But on a more serious note, some guys are equally attracted to taller ladies (even taller than themselves) but go for shortie cuz of their own confidence issues.
                      hey man thts creepy if its cuz of height lool

i wud like my wife to be shorter in height than me tho
                      personal choice
                      Reported by Ibn al-Salah:

ولقد أحسن الحسن بن أبي زياد اللؤلؤي صاحب أبي حنيفة فيما بلغنا عنه أنه استفتي في مسألة فأخطأ فيها ولم يعرف الذي أفتاه فاكترى مناديا فنادى أن الحسن بن أبي زياد استفتي يوم كذا وكذا في مسألة فأخطأ فمن كان أفتاه الحسن بن أبي زياد بشيء فليرجع إليه
                      فلبث أياما لا يفتي حتى وجد صاحب الفتوى فأعلمه أنه أخطأ وإن الصواب كذا وكذا والله أعلم

Comment

Originally posted by SisMuslimah View Post
                        my sister is 5'9" tall and she is married. so you have nothing to worry about. there are pleanty of tall muslim brothers. **Note Muslim is someone who has made a testimony of faith and can be from various ethnic backgrounds**

Comment

I'm short, 5'0 I think lol, and don't mind to marry someone taller, 5'9 is ok i think, if people think its awkward, that's their problem. I have issue with compulsive liars but not tall people.

Comment

Don't worry about it sis, there are tall Muslim brothers out there who would want a tall wife.

I have cousin sister who is 4'11 or maybe even shorter. She thinks that people will turn her down because she is 'too short' and that she looks like a teenager.
                            "Meet people in such a manner that if you die, they should weep for you, and if you live, they should long for you." Hadhrat Ali-Ibn-Talib (RadiAllaah Anhu)
                            Shan-e-Aisha

Comment

thats ok cause most guys i know like girls that are shorter then them.

so i dont see the issue when it comes to that aspect(i.e. attractiveness)
                              And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (Allâh) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in Allâh and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allâh with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

Working...
                              X