Love in Islam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Love in Islam

yep, long as the Quran doesn't stop you from doing it, why stop mate?

Comment

Originally posted by felix sable View Post
      yep, long as the Quran doesn't stop you from doing it, why stop mate?
      “… Wed them with the permission of their own folk and give them their mahr (dowry) according to what is reasonable; they should be chaste, not adulterous, nor taking boyfriends…” [al-Nisaa’ 4:25]
      وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/1114/girlfriend

Abd-Allaah ibn Maghfal reported that there was a woman who had been a prostitute during the days of ignorance (before Islam). A man passed by her, or she passed by him, and he touched her. She said: “Stop it! (Mah! A word connoting a rebuke or denunciation). Allaah has done away with shirk and had brought Islam.” So he left her alone and went away, still looking at her, until he walked into a wall, hitting his face. He came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and told him what had happened. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “You are a man for whom Allaah wishes good. When Allaah, may He be blessed and exalted, wishes good for His slave, He hastens the punishment for his sin, so that it is dealt with before the Day of Resurrection.” (Reported by al-Haakim, 1/349, who said this hadeeth is saheeh according to the conditions of Muslim, and al-Dhahabi agreed with him. See Saheeh al-Jaami’, 308).

These aayaat and ahaadeeth clearly indicate that it is haraam (forbidden) for men to have any kind of friendship or relationship with non-mahram women (women to whom they are not closely-related and to whom they could get married). The evil consequences and misery caused by such relationships are obvious to anyone who observes real life. A similar question has been asked under #2085. We ask Allaah to keep us far away from that which is forbidden, to protect us from all that may earn His wrath and to keep us safe from a painful punishment. May Allaah bless our Prophet Muhammad.

وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Well, I fail to see any logic in them, sorry.
          Listen, even if we held hands (we have), and even if we kiss, it still obviously wont be considered as a strong sin (murder, theft, lying etc...),
          So it's like, I can do as I please, for just a minor sin, not that big a deal considering how happy she makes me feel.

Comment

Listen, even if we held hands (we have), and even if we kiss, it still obviously wont be considered as a strong sin (murder, theft, lying etc...),
            So it's like, I can do as I please, for just a minor sin, not that big a deal considering how happy she makes me feel.

Satan was arrogant too; but we all know were that led him.
            Increasingly your attitude is beginning to resemble that of the type of muslims you have been put off by. Quite sad.
            "Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"
            Whosoever desires peace prepares for war; no one provokes, nor dares to offend, those who they know to be superior in battle-Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Comment

Really I wonder why you even care or are even making this thread - if you want us to validate your beliefs in this, forget it. It's a Muslim forum. You may as well start a thread about how you want to eat pork cause you like the smell of it so much, and expect people to say "yeah go for it, it's not really that bad a sin, you like the smell so obviously you can't resist eating it." it ain't going to happen!! So either you truly believe that what you and this girl are doing is okay - in which case you won't bother to ask the Muslims what they think, OR deep down you do believe in Allah and know that it's wrong, and you're seeking someone, anyone, clutching at straws hoping that someone's going to issue you a fatwa to give you the green light to carry on. Noone here is going to tell you that what you're doing is okay in Islam. So either you don't care because you're agnostic and you'll stop seeking validation from the Muslims OR if not then I suggest you do a lot of soul searching and work on improving your relationship with Allah, and that includes stopping doing things that are sins (OR marrying this woman to make it halal) and start trying to please Allah.
              [CENTER]
              [/CENTER]
              [CENTER]
              [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
              [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

brothers and sisters, i strongly recommend not replying directly to anything else he has left to say. he has exposed (as if it wasn't already evident) that he glorifies his own intellect over God. you are not helping him in any way, rather, just wasting time. he is only seeking attention here on out. there are more important issues to discuss and gain knowledge from in other threads inshAllah.

Originally posted by Holy Quran 39:23
                “Allah has sent down the Best Speech, a Book, its parts consistent with each other, oft repeated. The skins of those who fear their Lord shiver from it. Thereafter, their skins and hearts soften to the remembrance of Allah. That is the guidance of Allah. He guides with it whom He wills and whosoever Allah sends astray, for him there is no guide."
                ...and kids, if you're watching this at home, let this thread serve as a reminder of what "love" can do to you if you chase after it instead of God.
                Last edited by khanvict; 31-08-10, 04:52 PM.

Comment

This thread needs to get closed...........seriously
                  Last edited by Blossom1x; 31-08-10, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Reflection09 View Post
                    Satan was arrogant too; but we all know were that led him.
                    Increasingly your attitude is beginning to resemble that of the type of muslims you have been put off by. Quite sad.
                    I agree with this. Felix, you faulted the people who followed their own desires and their own rules instead of Islam in your first post and yet you are doing the same thing here.

Also, if something isn't in the Quran it doesn't mean that it isn't haram. We still have hadiths and the Prophet (SAW) told us to get married if you have desire or seek companionship. He also said that it is better to get married young. Allah tells us in the Quran to obey the Prophet (SAW) and follow him, so we need to follow his sunnah and in his sunnah, people got married and didn't date.

Instead of thinking major, minor sins, think that each time you sin your heart gets darker and slowly takes you away from Allah. It's the last 10 days of Ramadan, so why not take some time and find Allah and seek out the questions to your answers. May Allah help you. Ameen.
                    مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
                    It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
                    Surah al-Baqarah
                    [2:245]

.:.
                    .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
                    Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

.:.
                    ...said the spider to the fly...

Comment

@reflection, being nice got me nowhere so...
                      @ dhakiyya why do you assume that you are always correct..? you are the kind of muslim I hate, you judge and condemn as if your God asked you to, then you take it too far because the muslim community here is on your side.

@khanvict, same thing your minds are all closed, God, may have given us brains, but only to think with, why do you people shut your minds and lock them with chains?
                      I joined and posted hoping that maybe theres place for me, for logic and simple moral in Islam, and instead got all this..pathetic...and persue a relationship with a god over having an actual life...see!? you give the impression that Islam has limited everything.
                      This is why I left, because 95% of you are closed minded, you never think for yourselves whats right and wrong.
                      I considered myself Muslim...ish, I believe in the principals, I just thought maybe I could do more, but that's never gonna happen.

Comment

I think you are confused.

May Allah guide you and guide us. ameen

Comment

felix i joined this forum just to give a reply to your thread.i am a 21 yo revert living in a country which is supposed to have 99% Muslims (many people claim it like that) but in this country i ve seen so many things so far away from Islam.I dont know you but i know myself,and i know myself very well and i will tell it so maybe u can take some advice from my experiences;or maybe u dont.I always believed i was a Muslim;since my childhood.but i only realized that i was far away from Islam couple of years ago and "reverted".i was a very smart kid (i am currently studying mechanical engineering,of course it doesnt prove i am smart but u know trust me on that;i am really smart for my age).when i was like when i was like 14-16 i believed everything in this world was about logic and science.i had no friends,but i had many obsessions (u know like washing my hands 30 times a day).i didnt care much about feelings,beliefs, "spiritual things"...all that matters was logic:i even tried to see Islam only from a sciencetific logical perspective.in highschool i got many friends;some of them atheists, some of them agnostics;one of my friends still says he cannot decide between Islam and agnosticism.i thought i was a Muslim,but after spending years without any girlfriend (several attempts to "date" with no success because u know i was kinda seen as a mixture of geek,freak and loser)years without popularity,social acceptance i had grown a huge megolomania on my mind.i thought i was a genius,a philosopher;solving mathematical problems or talking about time,space,İslam,probability,evolution....towards the end of my highschool years,with the burden of my hard exams i got really bad;now i was seeking answers to the questions like "can Allah Almighty create another God and make this God existent and non-existent at the same time?".since i couldnt find satisfaying answers i was constantly thinking about those questions and at the same time i was afraid of believing in something wrong since it is a matter of iman.so there was times i cried like a baby,i hit my back with my leather belt tormenting myself to ease my mind from those questions.

now after years of struggle,therapy sessions,after i found true Islam,and got rid of those stupid questions i finally found some peace of mind (i say "some" cos i still have many problems, obsessions).now i know soul is more important than my flesh,my body,my nafs.i write so much cos i hope maybe one sentence may help you.i think u need to talk to a good pychiatrist first and use medications just like me.this is so important,please trust me.otherwise u cant focus on your thoughts,your feelings,u cant solve anything.because some people have "chemical" problems with their bodie;little serotonine hormone or whatever and it makes u feel helpless;it makes u give up before u even try solving it.

secondly do some more research about your topic (dating,marriage in Islam...) from better sources!!!there are tons of fatwas issued on the net about anything,and many of them doesnt just say "this is haram" ,they explain it throughly.

and my last advice:there is a saying in my country which can be translated like "friend talks bitter".when trying to solve your problem forget your nafs;i mean dont let your feelings weigh down upon you.i dont say forget your feelings.they are important too,but know that they be wrong or they can be overestimated.u can feel perfectly sure of your mind but please ask yourself; do you always think about the possibility of being utterly wrong about everything?(this advice comes from me;a person who felt his world turning upside down several times in his short life).if not think about that possibility;always!i want you to brace yourself for everything!u sound too much attached to this girl;but u know what;this is not the only drama in this world!u can lose this girl or do something stupid which may ruin both of you.maybe u dont solve the problem at all and u find excuses for the rest of your life.but if u trust me i say first focus on YOURSELF!focus on your life without her.take another look at Islam.try to find the real Islam.even before i reverted i always prayed to Allah,and i know Allah has granted me Islam,granted me truth,granted me-a teen with little love in his heart for his relatives- love,granted me humility;maybe you will be granted happiness with this girl if u trust Allah.

and sorry about my bad english
                          Last edited by cakirogluar; 08-09-10, 01:55 AM.

Comment

Yes, I'm 16, but going to college september, I'm also almost oficially certified in psychological hypnosis, so I'm not the typical 16 year old.
                            also, the girl and I are completely in love mate.
                            I read all of what you wrote with a very open mind as I do have one but I have found that in most/all religions nad cultures there is extemism. I have afaith, Islam and My God is Allah(SWT) and I have learn to think of it this way and to ignore the ingorant and condescending and judgmental people you will find in this world and yes even in Islam.. But they are Muslims, and only mortal males.. Islam is a faith about love.

Comment

@ everybody, no aya in the qur'an prevents dating, it only prevents "premarital copulation", so if the quran doesnt forbid dating, how is it haram?
                              No randomer is going to commit zina with another randomer, unless theyre sexually driven and have no 7aya2 (modesty) or akhlag.
                              But when you start dating someone, you are going to uninentionally build some physical attraction towards them, which will then, in most cases, lead to zina - sexual intercourse.
                              And in Islam, we dont take the Quran only, we take the quran and the sunnah of the prophet pbuh. The teachings of the prophet pbuh ban dating and any form of premarital relationships which are not necessary.

Comment

Working...
                              X