Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brothers: what type of cap/kufi/topi/teatowel do you wear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brothers: what type of cap/kufi/topi/teatowel do you wear?

teatowel = gutra? (the saudi read and white checkred shiz which they play with in Salah)

Imama = turban

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Suleiman View Post
      My Grandad wears one of those =X

My uncle wears an amamah.

Bros wear the one that MuslimSoljah posted, only in black.

I think Amamas look the coolest :D

Comment

At the moment, I wear a Native-American themed baseball cap (It's black and just has the word "Native" on it)
        Recently, I bought myself a black bandanna that I tie around my hair, but it kind of makes me look like a biker, especially with my Harley Davidson boots

However, now that my beard is growing out, I would like to start wearing a topi/kufi instead of the baseball cap. I would reserve the white one for prayers at the masjid, but I want to get topi/kufis in a variety of colors so I can wear them with different combinations of clothing.

My only problem with wearing a kufi is my non-Muslim parents. I tried wearing a shirt that said "Salaam" on it, and they freaked out saying I was being insensitive to 9/11 victims and all that stuff. I'm worried their reaction might be worse if I wear a kufi.
        Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Comment

*off to google Amama*

Recipes for all the family :inlove:
          (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

Comment

lol wolfn, did you tell them it means peace? ur not alone we all have these types of issues with parents!

Comment

Originally posted by naila-k View Post
              lol wolfn, did you tell them it means peace? ur not alone we all have these types of issues with parents!
              I did, but they don't want me to wear any Muslim clothing whatsoever. A few years ago, I had my first Eid at the house with them, and when I was going to the mosque, they said I was only allowed to go if I wasn't in any pictures taken and I didn't "wear a robe or baggy clothing"
              Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Comment

y dnt u try wearing traditional cherokke clothes?

Comment

turban
                  And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (All‚h) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in All‚h and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of All‚h with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

Originally posted by naila-k View Post
                    y dnt u try wearing traditional cherokke clothes?
                    My parents aren't Native like me (I'm adopted). Besides, I know other Natives and even they don't wear regalia in public. That's only for special occasions like Pow-Wows and stuff. Even still, I'm only part Native (I look fairly white) so even if I wore traditional Native clothes in public, people would laugh and say "why's this white guy wearing Indian clothes"

Besides, I'm trying to move away from Native American culture. Not being full-Native, I'm not fully accepted by other Natives. I don't look Native so people don't even believe me if I say I'm Indian.

I'm trying to make Islam my identity instead of Native American culture.

Comment

black/grey kufi or camo winter hats.
                      "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

InshaALLAH will post pics later... Suhoor time now.
                        "Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes"

Comment

I don't think sister Naila wanted this thread to be turned in to a joke.

Comment

Harrods Tea Cosy

lol jk. I don't regularly wear one, sometimes a white spherical one whilst reading qur'an/in prayer thats about it really

Comment

i dont got diff types of topi
                              i got the round boring ones those cheap ones and then one topi that ur spose to use with amamah.
                              Reported by Ibn al-Salah:

ولقد أحسن الحسن بن أبي زياد اللؤلؤي صاحب أبي حنيفة فيما بلغنا عنه أنه استفتي في مسألة فأخطأ فيها ولم يعرف الذي أفتاه فاكترى مناديا فنادى أن الحسن بن أبي زياد استفتي يوم كذا وكذا في مسألة فأخطأ فمن كان أفتاه الحسن بن أبي زياد بشيء فليرجع إليه
                              فلبث أياما لا يفتي حتى وجد صاحب الفتوى فأعلمه أنه أخطأ وإن الصواب كذا وكذا والله أعلم

Comment

Originally posted by samin62 View Post
                                black/grey kufi or camo winter hats.
                                lol.. you make me laugh bro.

I wear an old tupee falling to pieces.. which reminds me, I need to get a new one.

I like the black net ones. Only ones that fit my head.
                                SPREAD OF EVIL
                                ZIONISM
                                BOLLYWOOD

Comment

Working...
                                X