Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dispatches - WHEN COUSINS MARRY- 23-08-2010 ch4HD

i should have been more clear!

there are, of course, many cases of first cousins marrying and their children being well alhamdulillah.

but there is just that risk of the recessive genes for some illnesses being displayed.

obviously not in all cases. and everything is the will of Allah anyway :love:

Comment

Originally posted by Bint-Al-Islam View Post
      i know this is somewhat true, but they are exaggerating to a extent.
      my family are all related. my mom and dad are related, through my moms moms' side, all my family are related. cousins married cousins and not once did we have this medical risks like genetic disease. we've been inter marrying each other for generations are we not ashamed of it. first cousins, second third fourth. we inter marry each other. so i dont see the big deal. and anyway i think there is a reason why they are doing this.
      Lol... "somewhat". ....
      "Closer and closer to mankind comes their Reckoning: yet they heed not and they turn away" (21:1)

Comment

Umar ibn Al-Khattab said to the family of As-Saib, "Your offspring are becoming so thin and weak. Marry outside your close of kin."

I'm not sure about the source of this narration or how authentic it is, but I got it from this site: http://www.jannah.org/sisters/qamarr.html

Anyhow, I think it's more of an issue when cousins have certain disease traits within their family of if they are carriers. If they are known to be fit and healthy and have been screened why should it be a problem, as not everyone who marries cousins are carriers of disease/illness. That programme did therefore seem to promote that all cousin marriages are wrong, which is extreme and silly.
        Last edited by Umm_Hanzalah; 24-08-10, 12:54 AM.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZVEydn3RKk

Comment

What would you do if you fell in "love" with a work colleague. Enquired about her and then later realised that she was your cousin whom your family does not keep in contact with? That would be funny.

Comment

Originally posted by islam4u2 View Post
            What would you do if you fell in "love" with a work colleague. Enquired about her and then later realised that she was your cousin whom your family does not keep in contact with? That would be funny.
            maybe, maybe not, depends on the situation i guess
            Logic is the cement of our civilisation, with which we ascend from chaos, using reason and faith in Allah as our guide.

Comment

Has anybody actually seen the programme? I'm wondering whther its worth the effort- as it looked a bit too 'stating the obvious' - is it?

Comment

Working...
              X