Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What should I do?

Assalamu Alaykum wa Rahmatullahi Ta'ala wa Barakatuh

I will graduate in Jan 2011 from Highschool and I was wondering whether I should go back to India for college or stay in Canada. I dont really like it here now that I am back from vacation because I got no true friends here and the even the Ulama of the Masjid are like whatever u noe what i mean.

I mean idk wat happened in my 1 month vacation but I dont like it here anymore since i had a friend to hang out with basically. Here all the highschool people are .... meanie's. Nothing really to do here. But then our friendship in india wont be the same once time passes by.

so should I move to India for college and maybe marry there? or stay in this hole in canada and get depressed all the time?
    Last edited by Grotbags; 23-08-10, 03:44 AM. Reason: please refreain using that term
    Reported by Ibn al-Salah:

ولقد أحسن الحسن بن أبي زياد اللؤلؤي صاحب أبي حنيفة فيما بلغنا عنه أنه استفتي في مسألة فأخطأ فيها ولم يعرف الذي أفتاه فاكترى مناديا فنادى أن الحسن بن أبي زياد استفتي يوم كذا وكذا في مسألة فأخطأ فمن كان أفتاه الحسن بن أبي زياد بشيء فليرجع إليه
    فلبث أياما لا يفتي حتى وجد صاحب الفتوى فأعلمه أنه أخطأ وإن الصواب كذا وكذا والله أعلم

Re: What should I do?

Wa Alaykum Alsalam Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu,
    Dear bhai,
    I believe that you should leave Canada immediately after High School and stay in India. Obviously the western world is filthy and if you can get away please do. You will enjoy the many freedoms and better culture even from the non muslims. I know what you mean as I am feeling the same way. May Allah make it easy on us all.

Comment

i dont see india being much better then canada IMO in terms of the jahil but i never been so i dont really know however you should really put all your effort into the deen and make extra nafil. the problem with the ummah these days is a spritual one and Allah will not unite us untill we fix this.
      And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (All‚h) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in All‚h and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of All‚h with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

Originally posted by IbnulQayyim View Post
        Assalamu Alaykum wa Rahmatullahi Ta'ala wa Barakatuh

I will graduate in Jan 2011 from Highschool and I was wondering whether I should go back to India for college or stay in Canada. I dont really like it here now that I am back from vacation because I got no true friends here and the even the Ulama of the Masjid are like whatever u noe what i mean.

I mean idk wat happened in my 1 month vacation but I dont like it here anymore since i had a friend to hang out with basically. Here all the highschool people are .... meanie's. Nothing really to do here. But then our friendship in india wont be the same once time passes by.

so should I move to India for college and maybe marry there? or stay in this hole in canada and get depressed all the time?
        Walaikum Asalaam brother.

Congrats to graduating :) Well it is your choice to stay here or go back to india. And honestly, it feels like that sometimes... depressing. no way out of it but honestly the reason you are finding it depressing is because you are LETTING the country depress you! And honestly theres so many more universitiies and colleges in Canada! You have so many more options in store for you! Theres so many provinces in canada:p you should be able to find some that will help you! And look into US too! theres a lot to do overthere! If you feel that staying in the west is affecting your deen then without a doubt go somewhere where you will feel satisfied and safe. And try to maybe attend more brother halaqa's around your local mosque and find some brothers that will benefit you in your deen and support you! I get what you mean about the highschool "retards" and "meanies", you cant do much about them, but they really cant do much to you :) think about it. And honestly if I were you, I would apply to schools around ontario! especially in toronto and more specifically there is a HUGEEE muslim community! You should find some people that you feel comfortable with! Don't lose hope. ever. the worst thing you can possibly do. I hate to lecture you here brother :p but Ive seen this happen so many times. So i thought i would tell you what i personally suggest, you can either take my advice or dismiss it. And if that friend in india is a good friend of yours, he wont let anything happen to your friendship :) trust me on that one. And May Allah SWT make everything easier for you! Ameen :) I hope this helps!
        Last edited by Grotbags; 23-08-10, 03:45 AM. Reason: quoted post edited

Comment

Originally posted by uncle umar View Post
          i dont see india being much better then canada IMO in terms of the jahil but i never been so i dont really know however you should really put all your effort into the deen and make extra nafil. the problem with the ummah these days is a spritual one and Allah will not unite us untill we fix this.
          I agree with Uncle Umar on that one :) definately try to think of things on another perspective

Comment

Walaikum asalam warahmatulahi wabarakatuh,

The decision is upto you, but it's not neccesary that those people in your grade and your school will go to your college if you remain in Canada. Your bound to meet new people.What do you mean by this though:

and the even the Ulama of the Masjid are like whatever u noe what i mean.

Comment

where in canada do you live? GTA?
              "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

Originally posted by SisMuslimah View Post
                Walaikum Asalaam brother.

Congrats to graduating :) Well it is your choice to stay here or go back to india. And honestly, it feels like that sometimes... depressing. no way out of it but honestly the reason you are finding it depressing is because you are LETTING the country depress you! And honestly theres so many more universitiies and colleges in Canada! You have so many more options in store for you! Theres so many provinces in canada:p you should be able to find some that will help you! And look into US too! theres a lot to do overthere! If you feel that staying in the west is affecting your deen then without a doubt go somewhere where you will feel satisfied and safe. And try to maybe attend more brother halaqa's around your local mosque and find some brothers that will benefit you in your deen and support you! I get what you mean about the highschool "retards" and "meanies", you cant do much about them, but they really cant do much to you :) think about it. And honestly if I were you, I would apply to schools around ontario! especially in toronto and more specifically there is a HUGEEE muslim community! You should find some people that you feel comfortable with! Don't lose hope. ever. the worst thing you can possibly do. I hate to lecture you here brother :p but Ive seen this happen so many times. So i thought i would tell you what i personally suggest, you can either take my advice or dismiss it. And if that friend in india is a good friend of yours, he wont let anything happen to your friendship :) trust me on that one. And May Allah SWT make everything easier for you! Ameen :) I hope this helps!
                i dont like it in canada anymore too boring and depressing. im choosing india idk why i guess i liked the way i stayed there this time.

ولقد أحسن الحسن بن أبي زياد اللؤلؤي صاحب أبي حنيفة فيما بلغنا عنه أنه استفتي في مسألة فأخطأ فيها ولم يعرف الذي أفتاه فاكترى مناديا فنادى أن الحسن بن أبي زياد استفتي يوم كذا وكذا في مسألة فأخطأ فمن كان أفتاه الحسن بن أبي زياد بشيء فليرجع إليه
                فلبث أياما لا يفتي حتى وجد صاحب الفتوى فأعلمه أنه أخطأ وإن الصواب كذا وكذا والله أعلم

Comment

Originally posted by Yanal View Post
                  Walaikum asalam warahmatulahi wabarakatuh,

The decision is upto you, but it's not neccesary that those people in your grade and your school will go to your college if you remain in Canada. Your bound to meet new people.What do you mean by this though:
                  that alim is like whatever. hes busy in himself and that other 33 yr old mufti is busy with i dont noe what and salafi ppl

Comment

Originally posted by samin62 View Post
                    where in canada do you live? GTA?
                    B.C. and whats gta

Comment

B.C. and whats gta
                      Greater Toronto Area.

You are across the country, If you were over here, we could have chilled.
                      "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

ahhh bcc! yes. i understand. its not the greatest place for muslims.. -i would know :)
                        But theres always masjids that have halaqas for brothers. I know of one or two. i remember some.. long time back. but those masjids are still there:)

Comment

Originally posted by SisMuslimah View Post
                          ahhh bcc! yes. i understand. its not the greatest place for muslims.. -i would know :)
                          But theres always masjids that have halaqas for brothers. I know of one or two. i remember some.. long time back. but those masjids are still there:)
                          wats a halaqah

but i recently visited dubai. idk i dont like it there too

Comment

Originally posted by samin62 View Post
                            Greater Toronto Area.

You are across the country, If you were over here, we could have chilled.
                            appreciate the latter part but im unfit for everything so evn if i was there we cudnt

Comment

B.C. and whats gta
                              Where in BC if you don't mind me asking?

that alim is like whatever. hes busy in himself and that other 33 yr old mufti is busy with i dont noe what and salafi ppl
                              How about visiting another mosque instead?

Comment

Working...
                              X