Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dying hair?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: dying hair?

    Originally posted by GuCcI View Post
    henna dries out hair... makes it brittle.
    Henna is great for hair I use it every month sometimes more and it makes them stronger and thicker plus it adds a beautiful burgendy color in da sun :up:

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: dying hair?

      is there any alternative to henna for guys with naturally black hair? Henna will make it orangey?
      Remember the destroyer of all pleasures: Death.

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: dying hair?

        semi permanent die coats the hair, the hair doesnt absorb it like permanent so you cant use it due to ghusl issues

        Recipes for all the family :inlove:
        (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: dying hair?

          Originally posted by TheMuslim View Post
          is there any alternative to henna for guys with naturally black hair? Henna will make it orangey?
          Yes you can use katam with henna thatll make it with brownish highlights in the sun. With black hair henna doesnt change any color just gives it highlights in the sun. The only time henna will make orangy hair is when you have white hairs. After years of me using it the orange turns to dark red.

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: dying hair?

            i wanted to get red highlights bt got toooo scared to do it lol

            why dnt u just dye it any other colour but black? you can dye it dark brown which looks almost black but isnt, or theres this really nice reddy brown colour...or the best one is henna :D
            Your 9/11 is how we live 24/7 ~ yours sincerely Palestine


            My Blog

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: dying hair?

              Originally posted by naila-k View Post
              semi permanent die coats the hair, the hair doesnt absorb it like permanent so you cant use it due to ghusl issues
              I wanted to ask this question because I always thought that hair dyes have chemicals in them so permenant or not they would not allow water to penetrate the hair?

              like henna is natural, so ofcourse it allows water to pass through but hair dyes are not natural?

              also it's chemicals? why would one want to damage hair? would it be considered as intentionally damaging ones hair?

              (I have this stricter rule in addition to normal one in Islam that we shouldn't do anything harmful to our body, including any parts like hair etc, so to me using chemicals is like intentionally damaging your hair?)
              "The successful marriage is not when you can live in peace with each other, but when you can't live in peace without each other."
              Friends of Al Aqsa

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: dying hair?

                Originally posted by aurorascopic View Post
                I wanted to ask this question because I always thought that hair dyes have chemicals in them so permenant or not they would not allow water to penetrate the hair?

                like henna is natural, so ofcourse it allows water to pass through but hair dyes are not natural?

                also it's chemicals? why would one want to damage hair? would it be considered as intentionally damaging ones hair?

                (I have this stricter rule in addition to normal one in Islam that we shouldn't do anything harmful to our body, including any parts like hair etc, so to me using chemicals is like intentionally damaging your hair?)
                Well I know that the dye does not stop water from penetrating the hair strands or else the hair would never get wet when they take a shower. It doesnt seal off the hair I think it just takes moisture out of the hair thats why hair ends up becoming brittle, dry and breaking off. thats why if you dye your hair its best not to overlap the already dyed parts.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: dying hair?

                  Originally posted by *Aisha View Post
                  Yes you can use katam with henna thatll make it with brownish highlights in the sun. With black hair henna doesnt change any color just gives it highlights in the sun. The only time henna will make orangy hair is when you have white hairs. After years of me using it the orange turns to dark red.
                  Well it was to hide white hairs.... quick i need a solution before i go rishta hunting.. lol

                  (for random white hairs on my head, im not old!)
                  Remember the destroyer of all pleasures: Death.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: dying hair?

                    Originally posted by TheMuslim View Post
                    Well it was to hide white hairs.... quick i need a solution before i go rishta hunting.. lol

                    (for random white hairs on my head, im not old!)
                    lol( I got my first white hair when I was 11) To hide them you need to do henna then do katam or indigo this will make the white hairs turn a really dark brown color and will blend in. It takes a time but in the end its all worth it.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: dying hair?

                      i didnt say henna is bad for you or your hair in particular.

                      im talking about certain hair types.
                      Screaming, But Will Never Be Heard

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: dying hair?

                        Originally posted by *Aisha View Post
                        lol( I got my first white hair when I was 11) To hide them you need to do henna then do katam or indigo this will make the white hairs turn a really dark brown color and will blend in. It takes a time but in the end its all worth it.
                        Thanks, whats the difference between katam and henna?
                        Remember the destroyer of all pleasures: Death.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: dying hair?

                          Originally posted by TheMuslim View Post
                          Thanks, whats the difference between katam and henna?
                          Katam puts a brown color but it doesnt have the stregnthing properties of henna and henna which adds a orange color and makes hair thicker, heres a link that lets you know what katam is http://www.quickbizsites.com/desertb.../sdetail/32486 http://www.hennasooq.com/hennainislam.shtml

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X