Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: if the sisters can do it....

Originally posted by dawud_uk View Post
    the sheikh title people have put at the beginning of his name would give you a clue why he is more qualified to speak on such matters than you or me.
    Errr.. still dosen't means that he would know if your prayer is accepted or not. Good answer!

Even when you're wearing loose clothes, it still tightens when you go down to sujood. I don't see how jeans can be described as tight, yeah some of them are. But it's generally thick clothing.

instead of disagreeing with everything that doesn't tie in with a western lifestyle why don't you learn about why ulama say this?
    Daft, ignorant answer. As if the Ulama of today are perfect. Maybe you've forgotton the verse in the Qur'an where Allah(SWT) told us not to take our ulamas as gods the way the Jews took their Rabbis.

If I wanted to adpot a western life style, I would be out there drinking, sleeping, gambling, stealing, and not on here.

I'm not disagreeing with the fact that we have to cover the awarh and not show it's shape. Just don't see the problem with shirts, jeans, t-shirt. everything is ok as long as it covers and not too tight.

BTW, does the clothing also have to cover the shape of the upperbody??

Comment

Sunnah is also a lunghi and a shirt...don't see many brothers wearing that either! :p A thobe is not the most 'islamic' or 'religious' dress, its Saudi dress, problem is many people look at Saudi as automatically being 'islamic' whereas some of the things they do are far from 'Islamic!'
      What does 'freedom' mean?

Does the eagle want to swim in the sea,
      Restricted by the sky?

Does the fish want to dance on the wind,
      Not enough river to explore?

Yet the sky is freedom for the bird
      but death for the fish,

The sea is wide for the fish
      but will engulf the bird.

We ask for freedom but freedom to do what?
      We can only express our nature as it was created.

The prayer mat of the earth is freedom,
      freedom from slavery to other than the One,
      Who offers an shoreless ocean of love to swim in
      and a horizon that extends to the next life,
      Yet we chose the prison and call it freedom.

“All our handling of the child will bear fruit, not only at the moment, but in the adult they are destined to become.” Donate today! http://campaign.justgiving.com/chari...iyahschool2015

Comment

Originally posted by ze leetle elper View Post
        Sunnah is also a lunghi and a shirt...don't see many brothers wearing that either! :p A thobe is not the most 'islamic' or 'religious' dress, its Saudi dress, problem is many people look at Saudi as automatically being 'islamic' whereas some of the things they do are far from 'Islamic!'
        A lunghi might be from the sunnah but they are a bit risky to where on the street.

Comment

Oh, about those long, white thobes...... I find them revolting. They expose the shape and, at times, the awarh clearer than trouser, jeans, shirts. etc.

Other colours seem OK.

Comment

Originally posted by dawud_uk View Post
            just as a side point... wearing a topi in salaat is a sunnah, but there are times Rasoolullah (saws) didnt do and this is also a sunnah. some people get silly on this point and one brother i know has even had people put a topi on his head for him whilst he is actually praying his salaat lol.
            not wearing topi ever, giving bayaans after salat, then talking in masjid loudly, too much gheebah in their timepass convo's just beats it that they are not to be even thought of as non hypocritical
            Reported by Ibn al-Salah:

ولقد أحسن الحسن بن أبي زياد اللؤلؤي صاحب أبي حنيفة فيما بلغنا عنه أنه استفتي في مسألة فأخطأ فيها ولم يعرف الذي أفتاه فاكترى مناديا فنادى أن الحسن بن أبي زياد استفتي يوم كذا وكذا في مسألة فأخطأ فمن كان أفتاه الحسن بن أبي زياد بشيء فليرجع إليه
            فلبث أياما لا يفتي حتى وجد صاحب الفتوى فأعلمه أنه أخطأ وإن الصواب كذا وكذا والله أعلم

Comment

th reason why the rasul (SAW) dident wear a toopie was to show that it wasent harram to goto salat without a toopie. thats it.

why are muslims so scared to look like muslims.?!
              Last edited by Grotbags; 29-07-10, 07:15 PM. Reason: inappropriate
              And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (Allâh) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in Allâh and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allâh with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

Originally posted by uncle umar View Post
                th reason why the rasul (SAW) dident wear a toopie was to show that it wasent harram to goto salat without a toopie. thats it.

why are muslims so scared to look like muslims. ?!
                not me akhi, i where an imamah most of the time when out and about (not in the home or when i go to bed - that would be taking things too far) but i was just pointing out there were times he didnt wear one when praying and it is preferable but some masaajid and cultures make it a wajib or even like your salaat is not valid without one.
                Last edited by Grotbags; 29-07-10, 07:15 PM. Reason: quoted post edited
                Daw'ud... is retired from ummah forum

Comment

There is Fard then there is Sunnah and then there is arabian culturalism.

Comment

Originally posted by Sa'yd View Post
                    A lunghi might be from the sunnah but they are a bit risky to where on the street.
                    Its a norm for a lot of men in places like Malaysia etc :up:

But thobe, lunghi etc are all good examples of clothing that fit the bill :up: Just don't restrict menswear to a certain type of clothing, rather that many different 'cultural' clothings are completely acceptable if they meet the criteria :up:
                    What does 'freedom' mean?

Does the eagle want to swim in the sea,
                    Restricted by the sky?

Does the fish want to dance on the wind,
                    Not enough river to explore?

Yet the sky is freedom for the bird
                    but death for the fish,

The sea is wide for the fish
                    but will engulf the bird.

We ask for freedom but freedom to do what?
                    We can only express our nature as it was created.

The prayer mat of the earth is freedom,
                    freedom from slavery to other than the One,
                    Who offers an shoreless ocean of love to swim in
                    and a horizon that extends to the next life,
                    Yet we chose the prison and call it freedom.

“All our handling of the child will bear fruit, not only at the moment, but in the adult they are destined to become.” Donate today! http://campaign.justgiving.com/chari...iyahschool2015

Comment

Lungi is nice and very comfortable so is thobe. But you know "fashion" which actually plays with the psychology of the fashioners.

One should avoid such clothings such as tight pants,shiny shirts or pants,"Dargon or anyother wild animal" printed shirts and pants,chains,sunglasses,bracelets,gel (yes the spike haircut),pencil beard (all those fashionable beards which look really characterless on them),pointed shoes,half pants etc.

If you are putting your wife into hijab, then the hijab is also for yourself too.If she is not allowed to speak or see other non-mahram then also is the same case with you.
                      صلى الله على حبيبه محمد و على آله و أصحابه و سلم
                      Al-Muslimeen

Comment

Originally posted by ahmed_abdullah View Post

If you are putting your wife into hijab, then the hijab is also for yourself too.If she is not allowed to speak or see other non-mahram then also is the same case with you.
                        do you dress your wife or does she make hew own decision what to wear? :scratch:

Recipes for all the family :inlove:
                        (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Jaffar View Post
                          Again, the dress code in Islam for men isn't restricted to a specific kind, as long as it doesn't displays the 'Awrah or shows imitation to the Kuffar. Even the Messenger of Allah Pbuh used to wear جبة رومية Roman dress. As for woman to dress in such manner is obligatory.
                          That's what I thought. Plus there's no specific style for women either. As long as it meets the requirements of hijab it isn't important what the style is. I wear full hijab, but being a revert it wouldn't make much sense to go for something culturally Arab or Pakistani (Not that there's anything wrong with that).

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Balboa View Post
                            Daft, ignorant answer. As if the Ulama of today are perfect. Maybe you've forgotton the verse in the Qur'an where Allah(SWT) told us not to take our ulamas as gods the way the Jews took their Rabbis.
                            Is the verse from Surah Taubah?
                            So who in this day and age is preserving the deen for us? How is the chain coming from time of prophet (pbuh) to now?

Verily, the scholars are the inheritors of the Prophets, and verily, the Prophets did not inherit a Dinar nor a Dirham, rather they only inherited knowledge, so whoever takes a hold of it has taken a hold of a great fortune.
                            Abu Dawud, Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah, Ibn Hibban, Bayhaqee
                            http://i47.tinypic.com/do8kmw.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Jaffar View Post
                              Again, the dress code in Islam for men isn't restricted to a specific kind, as long as it doesn't displays the 'Awrah or shows imitation to the Kuffar. Even the Messenger of Allah Pbuh used to wear جبة رومية Roman dress. As for woman to dress in such manner is obligatory.
                              You know i don't see how dressing like this:

click

Can not be regarded as imitating the kuffaar, anyone who's honest will admit that if they see someone dressed like that then they won't assume that person is muslim, yet it's been said that it ceases to be imitation of the kuffaar when everyone wears it, to the extent that no one is identified by it, but take a look at something like socks or jackets now for instance, that is something i would say is not imitation of the kuffaar, because everyone wears it and no particular people are identified by it.

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.

Comment

Originally posted by naila-k View Post
                                do you dress your wife or does she make hew own decision what to wear? :scratch:
                                Good question, the problem is that i am not legible to answer the question as i don't have a wife yet.But yes i would leave the option for her to decide as to whatever she feels like then later on I would advise her if she goes wrong anywhere.

But the line you quoted, it describes about some men who put or force there wife into hijab then they walk alongside with gel in the hair,tight jeans and tshirts trying to look like some bachelor still.
                                صلى الله على حبيبه محمد و على آله و أصحابه و سلم
                                Al-Muslimeen

Comment

Working...
                                X