Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: if the sisters can do it....

Originally posted by dawud_uk View Post
    sheikh al albani said the western style trousers and shirk does not sufficiently cover the awrah as is too tight and that even your salaat will be invalid if carried out in this style of clothing
    Yes I totally agree praying: with (tight) trousers that display the shape of one's awrah clearly puts one salaah in jeopardy. But praying with sufficiently loose trousers that does not reveal the 'contours' of one's body is permitted, according to the majority view of scholars.

I am all for wearing the thobe and alhamdulillah I often wear mine but what I do not agree with is when people rule wearing trousers and a shirt (in and of itself) as completely haraam, without any leeway or room for otherwise. There is no ijma on that view.

Sheikh Munnajid gives an excellent answer to this debate:

Is it permissible for a Muslim man to wear his shirt tucked in his pants, showing the shape of his legs, buttocks, etc., especially in some countries where women are not ashamed to look at them? And when they perform prayer, shouldn't they be wearing a long shirt covering their private parts while they prostrate?

Praise be to Allah.

The `awrah (private parts to be necessarily covered) for men includes what is between the navel and the knees as stated by the Prophet SAWS (peace be upon him), so covering it is obligatory according to Islamic law. Wearing shorts that disclose the thighs or show the shape of the buttocks, does not cover the `awrah. Neither does a dress that is transparent and displays skin complexion, nor a tight dress that shows the size, shape or bends of the `awrah. All of this is prohibited (haraam) in front of people whether the women are ashamed of looking at it or not (as asked in the question). If the trousers (or pants) are wide enough and not tight, then one may tuck his shirt in it as long as it does not display his `awrah. Covering the `awrah is obligatory during the prayer and outside it. What many people do is cover their `awrah while going to prayer but are negligent of it outside the prayer. This is a clear mistake and a wrong act which happens due to lack of understanding or as a result of a misunderstanding of the matter.

And in Allah lies all strength.

AQ
    What can my enemies possibly do to me? My paradise is in my heart; wherever I go it goes with me, inseparable from me. For me, prison is a place of retreat; execution is my opportunity for martyrdom; and exile from my town is but a chance to travel - Ibn Taymiyyah

Comment

Originally posted by IbnulQayyim View Post
      look umar, we, the youth look to the adults and when they say to us to not do drugs or zina or those kinda stuff and they say pray 5x a day annd have some sunnah manners in us, well we refute them by sayig you yourself dont wear topi in salah, and follow bid'ah isnt the contradictory and hypocrital? personally i feel like the ulama are my close brethen, they are fun to be with even if they dont talk abt deen (but of course halal talking)i find the ulama kewl to be with
      just as a side point... wearing a topi in salaat is a sunnah, but there are times Rasoolullah (saws) didnt do and this is also a sunnah. some people get silly on this point and one brother i know has even had people put a topi on his head for him whilst he is actually praying his salaat lol.
      Daw'ud... is retired from ummah forum

Comment

If the skin can be seen, then the prayer wouldn't be valid. However if its thick clothing, but tight, it wouldn't effect the validity of prayer.

Comment

Good thread :up: But unfortunately it will just be ignored by most.

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Mus'ab View Post
            Good thread :up: But unfortunately it will just be ignored by most.
            What are you saying, half of Ummah is on this thread.
            islamway
            اللهم ارزقنا حُسن الخاتِمة

Comment

Originally posted by Fais View Post
              If the skin can be seen, then the prayer wouldn't be valid. However if its thick clothing, but tight, it wouldn't effect the validity of prayer.
              gonna take sheikh al albani over you, unless you happen to be sheikh fais and are going to bring the daleel to what you think this is so?
              Daw'ud... is retired from ummah forum

Comment

Originally posted by Zesty View Post
                :D lovely thread Akhi, Allah Ta'ala reward you and keep you strong. Ameen
                I second that ameeen.

:up: i've always been waiting for something like this.

Come on brothers, lets all look like strangers inshaAllah
                (The hypocrites) will call the believers: "Were we not with you?" The believers will reply: "Yes! But you led yourselves into temptations, you looked forward for our destruction; you doubted (in Faith); and you were deceived by false desires, till the Command of Allah came to pass. And the chief deceiver (Satan) deceived you in respect of Allah."57:14

Comment

Originally posted by 1MuslimByChoice View Post
                  I second that ameeen.

:up: i've always been waiting for something like this.

Come on brothers, lets all look like strangers inshaAllah
                  We already do
                  islamway
                  اللهم ارزقنا حُسن الخاتِمة

Comment

Originally posted by dawud_uk View Post
                    gonna take sheikh al albani over you, unless you happen to be sheikh fais and are going to bring the daleel to what you think this is so?
                    They dont call me Grand Mufti for nothing ..

And i would take ibn Abidin (Ra) opinion over Shaykh Albani's (ra) :up:

Comment

so a pair of ballet tights,and a vest and its all good ?
                      "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Jaffar View Post
                        What are you saying, half of Ummah is on this thread.
                        I meant that most people won't take note of his advice.

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.

Comment

Originally posted by *asiya* View Post
                          so a pair of ballet tights,and a vest and its all good ?
                          I dont know what ballet tights are, but like i said if they not see through ... it would be valid.

Dont get confused with something being sinful = no valid. Something can be valid and sinful at the same time.

Comment

I dont know what ballet tights are, but like i said if they not see through ... it would be valid.

Dont get confused with something being sinful = no valid. Something can be valid and sinful at the same time.
                            would be good to eleaborate on that because many ppl are going to now think theres nothing wrong with men praying in tight clothing, or wearing it in public.
                            "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

I like this idea lets step up our sunnah dress code this ramadan, inshaAllah.

Comment

Originally posted by *asiya* View Post
                                would be good to eleaborate on that because many ppl are going to now think theres nothing wrong with men praying in tight clothing, or wearing it in public.
                                Fact is men should wear clothing the meets the conditions of the Sunnah. In prayer and outside.

So if someone was to wear clothing that is see through, it wouldn't be valid whether its loose or tight. However if an individual was to wear clothing that isn't see through but tight, it would be valid but it would be a sin according to some, and from what i know disliked according to others.

And Allah (SWT) Knows Best.

Comment

Working...
                                X