Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if the sisters can do it....

salam.

if the sisters can dress islamicly, then why arent us men dressing islamicly either?

after all there is a sunnah to follow.

and it not "just a sunnah" its an oblegation. remember Allah mentions in multiple places in the Qur'an to follow the rasul (SAW) in his sunnah.

why is it that when i see a new muslim family in town, its because i see the wife wearing the hijab? why dose not the man have even a kufi on?

its no wonder that non muslims think islam is opressive to women, when the man is dressed all westernized and the wife is in hijab or niquab. it send the message that "im free to do whatever i like, and you have to do what i say, or else."

and not to mention all the ajer you are missing out on. it will be a cause of regret on the day of resurestion when you dont have the sunnah dress code in your book of good deeds.

i say, if the sisters have the courage to cover for Allah with niquab, against bans and tickets and society, then these women have become the lions of islam. which is honestly sad, because it is the fitrah of men to be couragous, or at least more couragous then women.

so this ramadhan why dont we all strive collectivly to try to attain the sunnah in our daily lives. reviving the sunnah is a means of reuniting this ummah as well, as we all strive towards a common goal. reviving the sunnah also revives our desire to please Allah and increses our love for Allah and our fear of Allah. it increases the bond of brotherhood and sisterhood in hour hearts and we become proud to say that we are muslim without fear.and it may also be a means of salvation on the day of resurection if Allah so wills because the one who revives a lost sunnah gets big time ajer. and you get bog time ajer for practicing the sunnah in hardship. and even more ajer for following the sunnah for no reason except to please Allah with sincerity.

And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (All‚h) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in All‚h and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of All‚h with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Re: if the sisters can do it....

:D lovely thread Akhi, Allah Ta'ala reward you and keep you strong. Ameen
    *~* Learn Patience from Aasiyah (RA); Loyalty from Khadhija (RA); Sincerity from Aisha (RA) and Steadfastness from Fatima (RA).*~*

Comment

Again, the dress code in Islam for men isn't restricted to a specific kind, as long as it doesn't displays the 'Awrah or shows imitation to the Kuffar. Even the Messenger of Allah Pbuh used to wear جبة رومية Roman dress. As for woman to dress in such manner is obligatory.
      islamway
      اللهم ارزقنا حُسن الخاتِمة

Comment

Originally posted by uncle umar View Post
        salam.

if the sisters can dress islamicly, then why arent us men dressing islamicly either?

after all there is a sunnah to follow.

and it not "just a sunnah" its an oblegation. remember Allah mentions in multiple places in the Qur'an to follow the rasul (SAW) in his sunnah.

why is it that when i see a new muslim family in town, its because i see the wife wearing the hijab? why dose not the man have even a kufi on?

its no wonder that non muslims think islam is opressive to women, when the man is dressed all westernized and the wife is in hijab or niquab. it send the message that "im free to do whatever i like, and you have to do what i say, or else."

and not to mention all the ajer you are missing out on. it will be a cause of regret on the day of resurestion when you dont have the sunnah dress code in your book of good deeds.

i say, if the sisters have the courage to cover for Allah with niquab, against bans and tickets and society, then these women have become the lions of islam. which is honestly sad, because it is the fitrah of men to be couragous, or at least more couragous then women.

so this ramadhan why dont we all strive collectivly to try to attain the sunnah in our daily lives. reviving the sunnah is a means of reuniting this ummah as well, as we all strive towards a common goal. reviving the sunnah also revives our desire to please Allah and increses our love for Allah and our fear of Allah. it increases the bond of brotherhood and sisterhood in hour hearts and we become proud to say that we are muslim without fear.and it may also be a means of salvation on the day of resurection if Allah so wills because the one who revives a lost sunnah gets big time ajer. and you get bog time ajer for practicing the sunnah in hardship. and even more ajer for following the sunnah for no reason except to please Allah with sincerity.

Yep I agree, good post :up:

Comment

yes. our ulema say that the requirments for male sunnah dress is 4
          1)not to look like kufar
          2)to have to garments covering the private parts and the buttoks
          3)pants above the ankles
          )not to be made from anythong forbidden for men to wear and attained in a halal manner

other things worth noting is the colour of the clothing. this depends on the society your living in. dont look like a walking rainbow. thats abit too colourrfull.

also the beard and the headress is part of the sunnah of a muslim.

and we dress like this for only 2 reasons

1)to please Allah
          2)to look like a muslim.

to be identifiable as a muslim increses your taqwa because you should always stive to make your inside better then your outside.

a good place to see of some basic male sunnah dress is on this website.

http://muttaqun.com/malehijab.html
          And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (All‚h) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in All‚h and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of All‚h with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

sponsor an orphan

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Jaffar View Post
            Again, the dress code in Islam for men isn't restricted to a specific kind, as long as it doesn't displays the 'Awrah or shows imitation to the Kuffar. Even the Messenger of Allah Pbuh used to wear جبة رومية Roman dress. As for woman to dress in such manner is obligatory.
            Absolutely. The sunnah is to cover the awrah and if that can be achieved via trousers and a shirt then you're effectively fulfilling the sunnah. If you wish to be identified as a Muslim and wish to be rewarded for that then naturally a thobe would suffice.
            What can my enemies possibly do to me? My paradise is in my heart; wherever I go it goes with me, inseparable from me. For me, prison is a place of retreat; execution is my opportunity for martyrdom; and exile from my town is but a chance to travel - Ibn Taymiyyah

Comment

and last but not least we claim to love Allah and the rasul (SAW) more then ourself but when it comes time to grow a beard or put on some clarly islamic clothing there is some doubt in our hears. some fear, or some hatred towards it. that is not loving the rasul (SAW).

loving the rasul (SAW) is reading a hadeith (do not look liek the mushrikeen. lets your beards grow and clip the moushtase) and then implementing it instantly without question.

the shahabah used to squat in the same place the prophet (SAW) went to go pee. my brothers in islam that is whats called loving the rasul (SAW) more then yourself.

the rasul (SAW) in his last sermon said to the shahabah that whoever was there to his his sermon was to go out and inform others who were absent. and what they did is they left and never returned. they never even thought about returning. they heard a command fro mthe rasul (SAW) and they did it without even entertaining the thought of staying.

now im not expecting us to go squatting where the rasul (SAW) squated but it is reasonable to expect that i should see muslim males with beards, and some kind of easily identifiable islamic clothing. weather it be sawal kammeze or thobes or whatever just wear the damn thing. and if you want to take a step further then wear a white or black or green turban and some khol(surma) and wear some scented oil and wear a smile too case thats sunnah too. heck walk sunnah and talk sunnah too if you really wanna get down with the sunnah. but at the very least we can start with a kufi or somthing.

how hard is that? it is easy. it is very easy. and yet we argue and debate over it when the whole real point of the sunnah dress is unity. its part of the system that keeps us united. we complain and whine and moan about lack of unity, and beg Allah to reunite us, but there is going to be no help from Allah if we dont make that effort first. we gotta prove to Allah that we really want unity. and to prove that we gotta show some faith, we gotta show some eeman. we gotta act on some taqwa. and we gotta do it with iklas and ihsan. the help of Allah come with conditions and sacrafise.

and thats where it all boils down too. are we willing to sacrafise even the way we dress for Allah? or are we satisfied with this cursed dunya?

trousers and t-shirt is the clothing of the mushriks, not of the muslims.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

Every little non-Muslim thing is frowned upon.... even when it's not haram. Why don't you then just leave the industrialised world and go and live somewhere in the desert? Or is that too much now?

Comment

Originally posted by AbuQudamah View Post
                  Absolutely. The sunnah is to cover the awrah and if that can be achieved via trousers and a shirt then you're effectively fulfilling the sunnah. If you wish to be identified as a Muslim and wish to be rewarded for that then naturally a thobe would suffice.
                  sheikh al albani said the western style trousers and shirk does not sufficiently cover the awrah as is too tight and that even your salaat will be invalid if carried out in this style of clothing
                  Daw'ud... is retired from ummah forum

Comment

Originally posted by dawud_uk View Post
                    sheikh al albani said the western style trousers and shirk does not sufficiently cover the awrah as is too tight and that even your salaat will be invalid if carried out in this style of clothing
                    And who on earth is he to say that?

Ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Balboa View Post

Ridiculous.
                      the sheikh title people have put at the beginning of his name would give you a clue why he is more qualified to speak on such matters than you or me.
                      Daw'ud... is retired from ummah forum

Comment

Ridiculous.
                        the awra of a man needs to be covered, navel to the knee. covering your awra doesnt mean wrapping each thigh in a tight cloth, it means covering the shape of your awra from the navel to the knee.
                        "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

excellent thread :jkk:

Islam isn't just about talking a lot, arguing about aqeedah etc.
                          Its a lot more than that. as well as aqeedah, its a'maal. actions. good deeds.
                          you talk of following the quran and sunnah; well the sunnah doesn't only extend to prayer, beliefs, and such. If the Prophet dressed in a certain manner,
                          if he wore an imaamah and kept his izaar above his ankles, its said you don't have to do this, you can dress as you like if your a man because as long as the awrah is covered it doesn't matter. a turban doesn't have to be worn as apparently its not an important sunnah.
                          aqeedah is important, but then where is your aqeedah when you don't want to be bothered to wear what the Prophet the beloved of Allah wore? you live in a country where you are allowed to wear a turban or a kufi and you choose not to?

The sahaba didn't just talk the deen and think they were on siraatal mustaqeem. They lived the deen, in their prayer, in their character, in their daily dealings, in their dress. They lived the deen and thats how they built their imaan. Imaan isn't built with talking. Its built by action.
                          The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '
                          (Shaikh Maulana Muhammad Yusuf)
                          In Lam Takun Ghaadiban Annee Falaa Ubaalee...

Comment

someone with more knowledge than you?

instead of disagreeing with everything that doesn't tie in with a western lifestyle why don't you learn about why ulama say this?

Ridiculous.
                            The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '
                            (Shaikh Maulana Muhammad Yusuf)
                            In Lam Takun Ghaadiban Annee Falaa Ubaalee...

Comment

look umar, we, the youth look to the adults and when they say to us to not do drugs or zina or those kinda stuff and they say pray 5x a day annd have some sunnah manners in us, well we refute them by sayig you yourself dont wear topi in salah, and follow bid'ah isnt the contradictory and hypocrital? personally i feel like the ulama are my close brethen, they are fun to be with even if they dont talk abt deen (but of course halal talking)i find the ulama kewl to be with
                              Reported by Ibn al-Salah:

ولقد أحسن الحسن بن أبي زياد اللؤلؤي صاحب أبي حنيفة فيما بلغنا عنه أنه استفتي في مسألة فأخطأ فيها ولم يعرف الذي أفتاه فاكترى مناديا فنادى أن الحسن بن أبي زياد استفتي يوم كذا وكذا في مسألة فأخطأ فمن كان أفتاه الحسن بن أبي زياد بشيء فليرجع إليه
                              فلبث أياما لا يفتي حتى وجد صاحب الفتوى فأعلمه أنه أخطأ وإن الصواب كذا وكذا والله أعلم

Comment

Working...
                              X