Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you wear the niqaab for a day to support your sisters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Would you wear the niqaab for a day to support your sisters?

SubhanaAllah, a sister trying to encourage other sisters in wearing the niqab be it 1 day, 2 or even half a day shouldn't be discouraged. Its like sayin, 'I don't think we should tell that sis to wear a headscarf for that day, if she supports it she would do it all the time'. Regardless, wearing it whenever is support.

Pippin I think this is a good idea, if people want to do it they can, if not theres no harm either - infact there seems to be good in it inshaAllah, go for it! :love:
    "Do they not see the birds above them, spreading out their wings and folding them in? None upholds them except the Most Gracious. Verily, He is the All-Seer of everything" ..Surah Mulk..

Comment

Originally posted by Sa'yd View Post
      Something the brothers can do also to show their support would be a good idea.
      they would probably paint you as the oppressors of women, it is kinda important sisters are at the forefront of this

Recipes for all the family :inlove:
      (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

Comment

hmm I kind of recall something at uni where it was discover islam/eemaan week and it was suggested to non hijabi sisters to wear hijab that week, hijaabi sisters to wear jilbab, and hijab and jilbab sisters to try out niqaab. It seemed like although it was for a week quite a few adopted it straight after that masha'Allah. So that week was like a little push and they didn't feel like taking it off after they had the experience masha'Allah.
        Al-Ghazali said, "If you see Allah, Mighty and Magnificent, holding back this world from you, frequently trying you with adversity and tribulation, know that you hold a great status with Him. Know that He is dealing with you as He does with His Awliya' and chosen elite, and is watching over you, have you not heard His saying, "So wait steadfastly for the judgment of your Lord - you are certainly before Our eyes.[At-Tur 52:48]

Comment

Yea I agree with the above, that perhaps if at the same time it was encouragement to wear it then this would be doing lot of khair. I think most Sisters feel kind of guilty wearing it and taking it off -knowing you were not doing it because you think it is pleasing to Allaah Swt but wearing it just for the sake of it.
          [CENTER][I]All humans are dead except those who have knowledge;
          and all those who have knowledge are asleep, except those who do good deeds;
          and those who do good deeds are decieved, except those who are sincere;
          and those who are sincere are always in a state of worry. - Imaam Shafi'i[/I][/CENTER]

Comment

Get people to wear a the madatory hijaab before thinking about a niqab which has always been a contentious issue whether it is fardh or not. Just hand out free hijabs and an instructional leaflet on how to wear it and the benefits of hijaab.

Comment

I was talking to others and it seems that the majority find this to be a bad idea than a good one. Next time, in shaa' Allah, I'll ask first then start lol. Lesson learned alhamdulillah.

:jkk: for the comments.
              مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
              It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
              Surah al-Baqarah
              [2:245]

.:.
              .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
              Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

...said the spider to the fly...

Comment

that waould be very nice hun but wouldn't it e wrong, considering that it would be worn for appreciation and not worshiping allah?
                “Curiosity is the very basis of education and if you tell me that curiosity killed the cat, I say only the cat died nobly.”

Comment

i dot have one.
                  Screaming, But Will Never Be Heard

Comment

Originally posted by Jihaan View Post
                    hmm I kind of recall something at uni where it was discover islam/eemaan week and it was suggested to non hijabi sisters to wear hijab that week, hijaabi sisters to wear jilbab, and hijab and jilbab sisters to try out niqaab. It seemed like although it was for a week quite a few adopted it straight after that masha'Allah. So that week was like a little push and they didn't feel like taking it off after they had the experience masha'Allah.
                    This sounds more logical as i wouldnt like to see sisters wearing niqab without the jilbab not to mention without the hijab.

Comment

it would be a better idea to educate muslims about why many sisters wear niqab, that it actually has basis in Islam contrary to what juhhaal say and about how
                      many great scholars from all 4 madhabs deem it wajib? I think that would be better, because personally i can't really think of what benefit there would be of having sisters wear niqab for one day to 'show support for niqabis.' its a sweet idea :love: but i don't really get it.
                      The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '
                      (Shaikh Maulana Muhammad Yusuf)
                      In Lam Takun Ghaadiban Annee Falaa Ubaalee...

Comment

This is how democracy warps the minds of people.

Comment

Originally posted by islam4u2 View Post
                          This is how democracy warps the minds of people.
                          eh?
                          مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
                          It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
                          Surah al-Baqarah
                          [2:245]

.:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
                          Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

...said the spider to the fly...

Comment

Originally posted by naila-k View Post
                            i cant see whats so bad about it? i would definitely wear a niqaab for a day, but also i think unless there is some sort of way of knowing why we are wearing niqaab, if not rally, at least badge or something then it is pointless, coz people wouldnt know we didnt just always wear niqaab?
                            Also what do you think about involving non muslims who support the womans right to wear what they want, and public figures such as yvonne ridley etc?
                            As-Salam Alaikum Wa Rahmatulahi Wa Baraktu
                            I agree with Naila here.
                            وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

No I wouldn't.
                              <--- I look like that and when I'm not :zzz:, I'm usually like like:banbear:and like:rotfl:but sometimes I'm like as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X