Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you wear the niqaab for a day to support your sisters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you wear the niqaab for a day to support your sisters?

*The question is meant for sisters :p

I mentioned on this forum that I think would be great if there was a niqaab appreciation day where sisters all around the world wear the niqaab. They don't need to have a rally or protest, they don't need to do anything other than doing what they usually do. Show support by wearing the niqaab and showing that you're with them.

I just started a blog about it where niqaab facts, stories, etc... will be posted all for the big day when sisters don the niqaab. (I'm hoping for October 1st, it's a Friday, and it's a little bit after Ramadan so everyone should still be in the Ramadan spirit in shaa' Allah)

If you could show your support by wearing it on this day, or passing it along to your friends that would be great!

http://appreciateniqaab.wordpress.com/
    مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
    It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
    Surah al-Baqarah
    [2:245]

.:.
    .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
    Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

...said the spider to the fly...

Re: Would you wear the niqaab for a day to support your sisters?

i don't think wearing a niqab for a day is a good idea..for some reason it reminds me of lighting a candle for a minute in honor of the crash victims or something, if you get my drift sis..besides i believe, if you gonna wear a niqab wear it for good and not for a day or 2, just my thoughts

mashaAllah @ the blog though
    sigpic

Comment

I know this is for sisters, but Niqaab is an act of worship, it must not taken easily, or to be used even for a good cause, specially if it was from Muslims.
      islamway
      اللهم ارزقنا حُسن الخاتِمة

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
        i don't think wearing a niqab for a day is a good idea..for some reason it reminds me of lighting a candle for a minute in honor of the crash victims or something, if you get my drift sis..besides i believe, if you gonna wear a niqab wear it for good and not for a day or 2, just my thoughts

mashaAllah @ the blog though
        Originally posted by Abu Jaffar View Post
        I know this is for sisters, but Niqaab is an act of worship, it must not taken easily, or to be used even for a good cause, specially if it was from Muslims.
        Niqaab is an act of worship, but I don't see the harm in sister's wearing it to show their support and to show unity. I think that if sisters wore it, knowing what it meant, they may continue to wear it.

If it isn't a good idea, I'll stop it though.
        مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

"Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
        Surah al-Baqarah

Comment

agree with the posts above sis. its a nice idea but there`s a lot more to it. international no torture day on june 26th went by without most muslims taking any notice, and im really not sure this would draw any more interest. the blog is a good idea though insha Allah.

on another note i personally dont agree with these one off remember/support this and that days.
          "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
            Niqaab is an act of worship, but I don't see the harm in sister's wearing it to show their support and to show unity. I think that if sisters wore it, knowing what it meant, they may continue to wear it.

If it isn't a good idea, I'll stop it though.
            it'd be like following a trend you know, how many [non-niqabi] sis would really follow it as it ought to be followed, with understanding..? asiya's worded it well mashaAllah
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
              it'd be like following a trend you know, how many [non-niqabi] sis would really follow it as it ought to be followed, with understanding..? asiya's worded it well mashaAllah
              Is following an Islamic trend so bad that though? It may seem bad that they are following it for the sake of following it, but if it allows you to do something Islamic and help you learn about it at the same time I feel like this is a good thing.

When the Prophet (SAW) conquered Mecca, some followed because everyone else was doing it. They didn't have a lot of knowledge at that time, but they went into the religion and they learned more about it and became stronger. Hamza (ra) accepted Islam, not because he accepted it, but because he was defending his nephew (SAW) against Abu Jahel.

For a more modern example, many hijabis wore the hijab without realizing what it meant. They just wore it because they were told to or because their friends told them too, but after awhile they learned about it and because they were use to the hijab already they stuck with it alhamdulillah. And the more they learned about it, the more they covered up.

My idea may not be a good one lol, but as someone who doesn't wear the niqaab I was trying to figure out what would be the best way to support the sister's who wear it and are facing oppression. However, if the idea isn't Islamic and goes against Allah's teachings, I'm more than happy to stop this idea. :)

Surah al-Baqarah

Comment

Not to divert : but I'd appreciate your opinions on a thread in the general forum :

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...a-womans-piety
                O son of Adam! -Your mother gave birth to you while you were weeping,
                while those around you were laughing in joy.
                Work for the day, the day you die,
                that you may be laughing in joy then,
                while they will be weeping for you.

Comment

i cant see whats so bad about it? i would definitely wear a niqaab for a day, but also i think unless there is some sort of way of knowing why we are wearing niqaab, if not rally, at least badge or something then it is pointless, coz people wouldnt know we didnt just always wear niqaab?
                  Also what do you think about involving non muslims who support the womans right to wear what they want, and public figures such as yvonne ridley etc?

Recipes for all the family :inlove:
                  (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

Comment

What do sisters who actually wear niqaab think of this?? Would they feel 'supported' if everyone just wore it for one day, would it make any difference to them?

Comment

sis pippin- what [method] may work for one, may not for another..

thing is, it's not just a piece of garment.. we know what it really represents but not everyone out there knows that, wearing it for a day would- imho, trivialize the importance of niqab

the intention's good and it may provide for a good da'wah opportunity for muslims and non-muslims alike but it doesn't feel like this is the right way to go about showing solidarity with our sisters, we could write about it of course [and mashaAllah you're doing that] or we could take it up ourselves like the way hamzah radiallahu 'anhu entered into Islam
                      sigpic

Comment

would i wear the niqab in support? Nope, I wouldn't. But maybe that's because im a brother lol

Comment

Originally posted by naila-k View Post
                          i cant see whats so bad about it? i would definitely wear a niqaab for a day, but also i think unless there is some sort of way of knowing why we are wearing niqaab, if not rally, at least badge or something then it is pointless, coz people wouldnt know we didnt just always wear niqaab?
                          Also what do you think about involving non muslims who support the womans right to wear what they want, and public figures such as yvonne ridley etc?
                          Something the brothers can do also to show their support would be a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
                            *The question is meant for sisters :p

I mentioned on this forum that I think would be great if there was a niqaab appreciation day where sisters all around the world wear the niqaab. They don't need to have a rally or protest, they don't need to do anything other than doing what they usually do. Show support by wearing the niqaab and showing that you're with them.

I just started a blog about it where niqaab facts, stories, etc... will be posted all for the big day when sisters don the niqaab. (I'm hoping for October 1st, it's a Friday, and it's a little bit after Ramadan so everyone should still be in the Ramadan spirit in shaa' Allah)

If you could show your support by wearing it on this day, or passing it along to your friends that would be great!

http://appreciateniqaab.wordpress.com/
                            Should the support not be continuous, rather then it being taken lightly. The blog is really good masha'Allaah, it can be a really good way of educating the people etc.. maybe this idea could be a way of actually encouraging sisters to wear it instead of just wearing it for a day in support of the niqaab... when they should be supporting it anyway.
                            [CENTER][I]All humans are dead except those who have knowledge;
                            and all those who have knowledge are asleep, except those who do good deeds;
                            and those who do good deeds are decieved, except those who are sincere;
                            and those who are sincere are always in a state of worry. - Imaam Shafi'i[/I][/CENTER]

Comment

sis, it looks like the majority of sisters here are against the idea? but that doesnt mean you cant still create a support thr niqaab day, you could produce badges/tshirts etc z

Recipes for all the family :inlove:
                              (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

Comment

Working...
                              X