Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you cover/lower gaze when watching TV/clips with men/women in them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you cover/lower gaze when watching TV/clips with men/women in them?

:salams

Do you cover up properly when, say you are watchin something on TV or a youtube clip and there is a male talking looking at the screen (directly at you)? Obviously they can't see you but feels that way.

Reminded me of the hadith where Aeisha RA would cover up when she entered the room/place where a non-mahram companion was buried next to her husband and father. Shows the level of hayaa she had.

Just curious thats all.......

Same thing to the brothers, do you lower your gaze when there are non-covered women on TV/clips (their hair etc showing)?
    (The hypocrites) will call the believers: "Were we not with you?" The believers will reply: "Yes! But you led yourselves into temptations, you looked forward for our destruction; you doubted (in Faith); and you were deceived by false desires, till the Command of Allah came to pass. And the chief deceiver (Satan) deceived you in respect of Allah."57:14

Re: Do you cover/lower gaze when watching TV/clips with men/women in them?

Only when I watch Neighbours on the telle. And sometimes Eastenders.

Safe
    "Closer and closer to mankind comes their Reckoning: yet they heed not and they turn away" (21:1)

Comment

This thought never even crossed my mind, it's not a sin as they can't see you so why make life hard for yourself :scratch:

Comment

Originally posted by x--x View Post
        This thought never even crossed my mind, it's not a sin as they can't see you so why make life hard for yourself :scratch:
        It's just the sense that they are looking at you like their eyes fixed at your direction as if they can see you.

Sounds difficult but it's the feeling that they can.

Just curious thats all.....
        Last edited by 1MuslimByChoice; 23-07-10, 10:51 PM.
        (The hypocrites) will call the believers: "Were we not with you?" The believers will reply: "Yes! But you led yourselves into temptations, you looked forward for our destruction; you doubted (in Faith); and you were deceived by false desires, till the Command of Allah came to pass. And the chief deceiver (Satan) deceived you in respect of Allah."57:14

Comment

Masha'Allah :up:
          SPREAD OF EVIL
          ZIONISM
          BOLLYWOOD

Comment

Working...
          X