Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• driving test...?

:salams

if a woman is going to go for a driving test and she has a male examiner, is it compulsory for her to have someone else in the car aswell? (considering it will just be her & the examine alone if she didnt have someone else there)

also, is it possible to ask for a female examiner & how would you go about doing that? (phone up?)

also when u go for the test, the examiner wants to see your face (they check against provisional Licence) so if a sister is a niqaabi would should she do?

If anyone knows any answer to these questions, then :insha: do let me know

:jkk:
    check out this blog>>>http://myworldmuslimah.wordpress.com/

Re: driving test...?

:wswrwb:

I'm pretty sure you can get a female examiner, i think i know a sister (i'll PM you).

But i'd suggest you to not compromise anything just for a licence as i am sure there are other ways about it. Do you want a female thingy instructor? Just let me know
    (The hypocrites) will call the believers: "Were we not with you?" The believers will reply: "Yes! But you led yourselves into temptations, you looked forward for our destruction; you doubted (in Faith); and you were deceived by false desires, till the Command of Allah came to pass. And the chief deceiver (Satan) deceived you in respect of Allah."57:14

Comment

This happened to me.

What i did was, tell me female instructor that if there is a male examiner than your hopping in at the back for the ride. My instructor told me its mainly male examiners and its rare in the area i took it to find a female. Do check with your instructor, she will be better informed about this.

I ended up with an examiner, my instructor and another examiner checking my examiner to see if he was examining correctly. lol. If its got to be done, its got to be done.

As for the niqab issue, can your instructor not say you are the same person in the picture?
      ask instructor, she will have the answers.
      "Verily Allah does not look to your appearance or wealth, but he looks to your hearts and your deeds." [Sahih Muslim, Vol. 4, #6221]

Comment

Originally posted by Hijabistani View Post
        This happened to me.

What i did was, tell me female instructor that if there is a male examiner than your hopping in at the back for the ride. My instructor told me its mainly male examiners and its rare in the area i took it to find a female. Do check with your instructor, she will be better informed about this.

I ended up with an examiner, my instructor and another examiner checking my examiner to see if he was examining correctly.
        lol. If its got to be done, its got to be done.

As for the niqab issue, can your instructor not say you are the same person in the picture?
        Blimey, i had to read that almost 4 times just to understand it lol
        (The hypocrites) will call the believers: "Were we not with you?" The believers will reply: "Yes! But you led yourselves into temptations, you looked forward for our destruction; you doubted (in Faith); and you were deceived by false desires, till the Command of Allah came to pass. And the chief deceiver (Satan) deceived you in respect of Allah."57:14

Comment

Originally posted by Hijabistani View Post
          This happened to me.

I ended up with an examiner, my instructor and another examiner checking my examiner to see if he was examining correctly. lol. If its got to be done, its got to be done.

yeah, im planning to have my instructor at the back...

as for seeing your face, dont they themselves have to see it? i dunno...ima talk to her about it.

__________________________________________________ ____________________
          i just want this driving fing to be over, i dont wana take anymore lessons, ive spent so much money...i feel like its never ending...

any niqaabi sis done a driving test? what did you do?

i dont wear niqaab, but am curious to know
          Last edited by *hijab*; 23-07-10, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1MuslimByChoice View Post
            Blimey, i had to read that almost 4 times just to understand it lol
            yeh and imagine me saying that again and again, when family found out i had 3 in a car, for my test
            "Verily Allah does not look to your appearance or wealth, but he looks to your hearts and your deeds." [Sahih Muslim, Vol. 4, #6221]

Comment

Originally posted by *hijab* View Post
              yeah, im planning to have my instructor at the back...

as for seeing your face, dont they themselves have to see it? i dunno...ima talk to her about it.

__________________________________________________ ____________________
              i just want this driving fing to be over, i dont wana take anymore lessons, ive spent so much money...i feel like its never ending...

any niqaabi sis done a driving test? what did you do?

i dont wear niqaab, but am curious to know
              If you don't wear niqaab then tell your brother or someone to wear niqaab and do the test for you :up: (kuffar are gonna jump on me)

He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
              www.QuranicAudio.com
              www.Quran.com

Comment

Originally posted by aadil77 View Post
                If you don't wear niqaab then tell your brother or someone to wear niqaab and do the test for you :up: (kuffar are gonna jump on me)
                Loool good one

Comment

Originally posted by aadil77 View Post
                  It's v.tempting, but that wud be cheating.

Comment

i had a male examiner...decided to take my instructor and I.................

PASSED! yay! its a great feeling....4 minors Alhumdulilah...Ramadhan du'a got accepted!

alhumdulilah...no more lessons :insha: wipee
                    Last edited by *hijab*; 22-09-10, 06:24 PM.

Comment

PASSED! yay! its a great feeling....4 minors Alhumdulilah...Ramadhan du'a got accepted!

uh oh...one more dangerous road user on the road. lol

Mabrooks sis, where did you do it? Wanstead?

p.s how many driving threads have you made. Alhumdulillah now though you have passed we wont have any more of those threads. lol..must be a huge relief, and no doubt feeling abit tyred. :)
                      ...and InshAllah i remind myself before i remind others.

ASPIRE to INSPIRE before you EXPIRE!

Is your Boss coming?...Click here :D

Comment

Aww congrats !! :D Was it your first test?
                        LOL I passed on my 4th try :rotfl: And that time I missed my turning for the test centre haha, the examiner was like It's ok, I'll walk back.
                        Allah is 'closer to him than (his) jugular vein' (Quran - 50:16)
                        ♥.. Any given time - I do my best to strive - In Your name I rise - The apple of my eyes ..♥

Comment

Originally posted by EastLondon_Bro View Post
                          uh oh...one more dangerous road user on the road. lol

Mabrooks sis, where did you do it? Wanstead?

p.s how many driving threads have you made. Alhumdulillah now though you have passed we wont have any more of those threads. lol..must be a huge relief, and no doubt feeling abit tyred. :)
                          :jkk: i did previous test at wanstead and my bro said, why are you doin it there, that i should consider changing to goodmayes...so i did istikhara, changed it to goodmayes & was the best thing i did. Goodmayes is more about junction work, you have mini roundabouts but dont have tht pressure of the big roundabouts like in wanstead...although i didnt fail previously coz of roundabouts.

i think ive about 2-3 threads...dont speak so soon, i might end up making a 'i need to get a car' thread

Originally posted by CloserThanVeins View Post
                          Aww congrats !! :D Was it your first test?
                          LOL I passed on my 4th try :rotfl: And that time I missed my turning for the test centre haha, the examiner was like It's ok, I'll walk back.
                          :jkk:

lol

no it wasnt , same as you....i could have passed first time though if it wasnt for tht silly mistake!

but alhumdulilah Allah plans for the best....

the October system is starting, thts why im so glad its done

now i need a car :insha:

Comment

:wswrwb:
                            Congratulations on passing your driving test sis :D Where's the mithai?
                            "Meet people in such a manner that if you die, they should weep for you, and if you live, they should long for you." Hadhrat Ali-Ibn-Talib (RadiAllaah Anhu)
                            Shan-e-Aisha

Comment

I purposely didn't choose Wanstead, hate the big roundabouts!! Wood Green was much better to do the test :up:
                              What does 'freedom' mean?

Does the eagle want to swim in the sea,
                              Restricted by the sky?

Does the fish want to dance on the wind,
                              Not enough river to explore?

Yet the sky is freedom for the bird
                              but death for the fish,

The sea is wide for the fish
                              but will engulf the bird.

We ask for freedom but freedom to do what?
                              We can only express our nature as it was created.

The prayer mat of the earth is freedom,
                              freedom from slavery to other than the One,
                              Who offers an shoreless ocean of love to swim in
                              and a horizon that extends to the next life,
                              Yet we chose the prison and call it freedom.

“All our handling of the child will bear fruit, not only at the moment, but in the adult they are destined to become.” Donate today! http://campaign.justgiving.com/chari...iyahschool2015

Comment

Working...
                              X