Heart Growing Weary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heart Growing Weary

Asalamu alaykum to all the beautiful Muslim people. My love for the Muslims is very great and I wish Allah to have mercy, help, forgive, and love all the Ummah. Amin. I live here in the USA. I am a Muslim sister who wears full Hijab and tries to follow Quran and Sunnah the best I can. Living in this society is making my heart weary and I feel so depressed. Is it wrong to detest or hate living and working around the disbelievers? I feel like a prisoner trapped in a world of haram. I dream of moving to Makkah or Madinah every day to lead a simple but Islamic life in the land of Tawheed. I hate what I see all around me, on TV, and I fear for my son to grow up in this country. I am isolated and alone. My family has abandoned me even though they are Muslims and I have no friends. In the city I live in the Muslims are not close at all and the Masjids are empty except for Jumuah and Salah. Only belief in Allah, my Islam, my son, and my Islamic studies bring happiness to me. Alhumdulilah Allah has given me alot in my life in the deen and dunyah, but I hate where I am living and who I am living amongst. I feel so empty. I visited Morocco 4 times since 2008. This is a 99% Muslim country. The first visit when I was leaving on the plane back to the US my tears were unstoppable. It had felt sooooo good to be amongst a society of just Muslims and modest people. My heart still longs to go back. again and again. Does anyone else out there feel this way? What is the solution?

Re: Heart Growing Weary

Assalam Alaikum WR WB sister, it sounds like being alone is one of the main causes of your depression. Try to get involved with volunteer activities. A good website is volunteermatch.com.

This way you might be able to meet with other people.
    Salam! :)

Comment

Originally posted by SafiyaTX View Post
      Asalamu alaykum to all the beautiful Muslim people. My love for the Muslims is very great and I wish Allah to have mercy, help, forgive, and love all the Ummah. Amin. I live here in the USA. I am a Muslim sister who wears full Hijab and tries to follow Quran and Sunnah the best I can. Living in this society is making my heart weary and I feel so depressed. Is it wrong to detest or hate living and working around the disbelievers? I feel like a prisoner trapped in a world of haram. I dream of moving to Makkah or Madinah every day to lead a simple but Islamic life in the land of Tawheed. I hate what I see all around me, on TV, and I fear for my son to grow up in this country. I am isolated and alone. My family has abandoned me even though they are Muslims and I have no friends. In the city I live in the Muslims are not close at all and the Masjids are empty except for Jumuah and Salah. Only belief in Allah, my Islam, my son, and my Islamic studies bring happiness to me. Alhumdulilah Allah has given me alot in my life in the deen and dunyah, but I hate where I am living and who I am living amongst. I feel so empty. I visited Morocco 4 times since 2008. This is a 99% Muslim country. The first visit when I was leaving on the plane back to the US my tears were unstoppable. It had felt sooooo good to be amongst a society of just Muslims and modest people. My heart still longs to go back. again and again. Does anyone else out there feel this way? What is the solution?
      wa alaykumus salaam sister,

there is a reason Allah gave us the rulings on hijrah, when you live in darul kufr and you feel this way and cannot fully practice your deen it becomes wajib to leave and move back to the muslim lands.

but if that nation you live in is at war with muslims it becomes darul harb and you cannot live there anyway, i would suggest the best way to solve these problems would be to look into and prepare for a move to the muslim lands as soon as you can,
      Daw'ud... is retired from ummah forum

Comment

May Allah help you out and never let that blaze in you extinguish.
        "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History :inlove:

Comment

u didnt mention anything abt ur husband.. ??

Comment

I would love to make Hijrah but my husband does not want to go. He wants to work and save money and then go back to Morocco, but I don't know if I can stand it here that long.

Comment

Wa Alaikum Asalam Wa Rhamatullahi Wa Barakatuh,

Ukhti, I felt exactly like you. I was raised in the USA and never knew what it was like to be in a Muslim country, yet I longed to. I hated being around the kuffar that I dropped out from high school(I resumed high school in my country Alhamdulilah). I lived in an area where close to no Muslims lived. I just can't tell you enough how much I hate America. I loathe America with flaming passion. Reading your message brings back memories. And I feel very sad to hear what you are going through, for I went through the same. I moved to a Muslim country about a year ago, Alhamdulilah. By Allah, I cant describe to you how I have changed here. I have never felt better emotionally and mentally. You are right to fear your son growing up in a kuffar dominated country. I felt afraid for myself(which says something) and Alhamdulilah if it wasn't for being raised strictly and Allah's guidance I probably would have ended up in the wrong direction.

The solution for you and your son is to make hijra and move to a Muslim majority country where you can practice your deen and study Insha'Allah.
              المادح نفسه كذاب
              I do not fear for the person who thinks, even if he loses his way, for he will return to the truth. Rather, I fear for the person who doesn't think, even if he is correctly guided, for he will be like a wisp of straw at the mercy of the wind. —Muhammad al-Ghazali

Comment

I ask Allah to grant you peace in your heart and grant you a way to make hijra to a Muslim country. I ask Allah to protect your son, and guide him to which pleases him. Allahuma Ameen.
                المادح نفسه كذاب
                I do not fear for the person who thinks, even if he loses his way, for he will return to the truth. Rather, I fear for the person who doesn't think, even if he is correctly guided, for he will be like a wisp of straw at the mercy of the wind. —Muhammad al-Ghazali

Comment

JZK Amat. Inshallah, I will pray also that Allah makes and opportunity for me and my family to make Hijrah out of here. I have no love in my heart for this place even though I was born here. If you don't mind telling me, what Muslim country did you end up making hijrah to?

Comment

JZK Amat. Inshallah, I will pray also that Allah makes and opportunity for me and my family to make Hijrah out of here.
                    Wa'iyaki and Insha'Allah you get the opportunity dearest sister.

If you don't mind telling me, what Muslim country did you end up making hijrah to?
                    I made hijra to Yemen.
                    المادح نفسه كذاب

Comment

JZK for all the comments. Please make duah for me.

Comment

Working...
                      X