Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the name of this?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What's the name of this?

    :salams

    We had this iraqi neighbour, mashaAllah she used to make these tasty rice and meat thingies.
    Basically, it was cooked mince meat, in the middle of balls of rice, and I think it was fried?

    Anyone know what I'm talking about? And got the recipe?

    :jkk: :D
    "You are the best nation raised up for men. You enjoin good and forbid evil, and you believe in Allah." (Surah Al Imran 3:110)

  • #2
    Re: What's the name of this?

    This one?

    islamway
    اللهم ارزقنا حُسن الخاتِمة

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: What's the name of this?

      I think so! :jkk: is it made into a round ball?
      "You are the best nation raised up for men. You enjoin good and forbid evil, and you believe in Allah." (Surah Al Imran 3:110)

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: What's the name of this?

        Its called yellow rice Kubba

        islamway
        اللهم ارزقنا حُسن الخاتِمة

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: What's the name of this?

          Originally posted by Abu Jaffar View Post
          This one?

          [ATTACH=CONFIG]43341[/ATTACH]
          Whats that called? my mum makes that but we dont know the name of it.

          its made with mashed potatoes not rice @ p2bM
          "Verily Allah does not look to your appearance or wealth, but he looks to your hearts and your deeds." [Sahih Muslim, Vol. 4, #6221]

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: What's the name of this?

            And He found you lost and guided you,
            ~ Qur'an (Ad Duhaa) 93:7 ~

            Salaah Reminders

            Guide us to the straight pain.
            " Ihdina-s-sirata-l-mustaqim "
            ~ Quran 1:6 ~

            الله أعلم

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: What's the name of this?

              Originally posted by Hijabistani View Post
              Whats that called? my mum makes that but we dont know the name of it.

              its made with mashed potatoes not rice @ p2bM
              What your mother does is potato croquettes
              this is another dish called yellow rice Kubba
              islamway
              اللهم ارزقنا حُسن الخاتِمة

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: What's the name of this?

                Originally posted by Abu Jaffar View Post
                What your mother does is potato croquettes
                this is another dish called yellow rice Kubba
                yeah it's the one with yellow rice! so it's called yellow rice kubba! :jkk:
                "You are the best nation raised up for men. You enjoin good and forbid evil, and you believe in Allah." (Surah Al Imran 3:110)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: What's the name of this?

                  Originally posted by Abu Jaffar View Post
                  What your mother does is potato croquettes
                  this is another dish called yellow rice Kubba
                  is that a pakistani dish?

                  with the yellow kubba rice do you glaze it with egg so it sticks together?
                  "Verily Allah does not look to your appearance or wealth, but he looks to your hearts and your deeds." [Sahih Muslim, Vol. 4, #6221]

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: What's the name of this?

                    Kubba! :D Yeah, my mother makes some of those.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: What's the name of this?

                      got a recipe anyone? did a search and this all i found:

                      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Iraqi-...1995937?v=wall
                      "You are the best nation raised up for men. You enjoin good and forbid evil, and you believe in Allah." (Surah Al Imran 3:110)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: What's the name of this?

                        Originally posted by Hijabistani View Post
                        is that a pakistani dish?

                        with the yellow kubba rice do you glaze it with egg so it sticks together?
                        No, its European dish.
                        No you don't need eggs. you just boil the rice with Turmeric and salt. then after beink cooked you mash it then let it cool. then begin stuffing it with cooked minced meat then roll it, lastly fry it.
                        islamway
                        اللهم ارزقنا حُسن الخاتِمة

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: What's the name of this?

                          Originally posted by Proud-2b-MUSLIM View Post
                          :salams

                          We had this iraqi neighbour, mashaAllah she used to make these tasty rice and meat thingies.
                          Basically, it was cooked mince meat, in the middle of balls of rice, and I think it was fried?

                          Anyone know what I'm talking about? And got the recipe?

                          :jkk: :D
                          It's called minced meat surrounded by fried rice. You're welcome.
                          <--- I look like that and when I'm not :zzz:, I'm usually like like:banbear:and like:rotfl:but sometimes I'm like as well.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: What's the name of this?

                            Originally posted by YasirH View Post
                            It's called minced meat surrounded by fried rice. You're welcome.
                            ok that made me laugh out loud :rotfl:
                            By the morning brightness and by the night when it grows still, your Lord has not forsaken you [Prophet], nor does He hate you, and the future will be better for you than the past; your Lord is sure to give you so much that you will be well satisfied.

                            Comment

                            Collapse

                            Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                            Working...
                            X