X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitnah Faced as a Pharmacy Student

hh
    Last edited by Ibn Tahir; 21-04-13, 04:17 AM. Reason: delete thread
    [CENTER][COLOR="red"]It is reported that Anas b. Mlik was asked about people who drop unconscious when the Quran is recited to them. He said, That is the behavior of the Khawrij.[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Re: Fitnah Faced as a Pharmacy Student

:wswrwb:

With every islamic answer you give, you not only testify to your Islam, but you make dawaat. May Allah give you patience and make your path easy.
    First they came for the 'Terrorists', and I did not speak out.
    Then they came for the fundraisers, and I did not speak out.
    Next they came for the ulama, and I did not speak out.
    And then they came for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Abd ul-Muntaqim View Post

With every islamic answer you give, you not only testify to your Islam, but you make dawaat. May Allah give you patience and make your path easy.
      Ameen, akhi inshaAllaah make dua for me and I hope Allaah helps you in your affairs, but I am not here for praise I just want advice on how I can utilise this "special" attention, should I clean my teeth with a miswak during the intervals between lectuers or read the fortress of the muslim, but then the fear of Riyaa will kick in. How can I be most effective? Try to advise me on that. BarakaAllaahu feek
      [CENTER][COLOR="red"]It is reported that Anas b. Mlik was asked about people who drop unconscious when the Quran is recited to them. He said, That is the behavior of the Khawrij.[/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

What do you mean by 'not understanding the code of conduct' and 'closely monitored'?

Comment

hh
          Last edited by Ibn Tahir; 21-04-13, 04:17 AM.

Comment

^ are you the only muslim in your batch?

i think as long as your answers/assessments are in line with what you're studying you don't have to worry too much about it..

Comment

lj
              Last edited by Ibn Tahir; 21-04-13, 04:18 AM.

Comment

well..why do you seek permission during the intervals? it's suppose to be a 'break' right.. i mean if you're not praying in the lecture room itself..

i think you should really ignore it and just focus on your studies and inshaAllah pray to Allah to make this journey easier for you and other brothers and sisters facing similar situation
                Last edited by .Hajar.; 18-07-10, 09:59 AM.

Comment

I'm a pharmacy student and never faced this, maybe your university is a lot more strict?

Lol @ mental support.

Comment

lol brother.

im sorry i laughed because ive been in this situation before. people get quite crazy somtimes eh. although my experince was with the police, so it was a little different.

anyways to my advice.

firtly you are in a very blessed position i think. it seems to me that you have made an obveous impact on the things we see, and dont see. it may be that shaytan is trying to "shake you up" as they say, to get you to keep quite about islam.

it also seems to me that they have many misconceptions and fears about you. so my advice is just be a muslim, and even another one of these things happen ask them why ur so special, and why they asking questions that have noting to do with your exams.

dont compramise on the deen bro, eventually you'll have your chance to invite them and to clear up their misconceptions. but never give up and never stay quiet. Allah is on your side.

and when something bad dose happen remember its not because Allah has betrayed you but it is merly a test. And Allah knows best on why hes testing you.

but right now you are in a position to make alot of change. indeed you have the means to be a leader of a revoloution right now. Allah knows best but i have a gut feeling that you may be the one chosen to give these people the call because of your steadfastness. so dont let in, and dont fear them. call them with wisdom and good words, and be mindfull of ALlah in all your words and deeds. your under the watchfull eye of the public now. only those who wish to keep their sins hidden from Allah(by not doing sins-noone can actually hide anything from Allah) will keep them hidden from mankind.
                    painful torment? (10) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                      well..why do you seek permission during the intervals? it's suppose to be a 'break' right.. i mean if you're not praying in the lecture room itself..
                      I understand what you mean, that its a bit stupid to ask permission, becasue it is at break. But sometimes the salaah itslef may go in a few minutes into the next session so in order to avoid a confrontation and out of respect to the teacher I think it would be appropiate for me to ask permission. Even if the lecturer said no, then khallah I would still pray because technically they cnt stop and if they did thats their job on the line.

@Uncle umar Jzk for the advice, inshaAllaah I will try to remain steadfast in the Deen in and out of studies.

About the mental support its true, i am just wondring should I go o the mental support in order give da'wah or just forget about it and stay in the prayer room with brothers. Hard decision to make?

Comment

Brother you're at uni, don't ask for permission for anything or create scenes, just do what you want without creating any noise. It doesn't matter if you come in a few minutes late cause of salaah, everyone does, even lecturers do not care if you leave or come in half way through.

He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
                        www.QuranicAudio.com
                        www.Quran.com

Comment

Originally posted by Ibn Tahir View Post
                          In pharmacy, there is a code of conduct in which all syudents must abdie by and the main purpose of the Pharmacist is the health and wellbeing of the patient and as a pharmacist we must promote this for the patient with the tools we are given within their bounderies set by them. So say for instance a patient came in and they wanted something, my position here is to assess the patient is capable of having autonomy and I take their consent and explain to them the benfits and risk of the product they want to use, when they are fully aware of this the I give them their medication/drug/pills. The university don't beleive that I understand this as they think my religion comes first, (which is true) but does itmean I don't follow the code of conduct or dn understand it. They tell me to "suspend judgement" when it comes to paitent care but am I being judged by them when they say this? Allaahu musta'aan

I am being closly monitored, because the Head of the department along with my Head of year and head of the modules called me for an interview after all my exams. I honest;y thought I failed my first year, but they were "assessing" and wanting to know how I progessed (oh btw I was the only student of my year called up for this) from the beginning of the year till the end. They ask me certain questions which was realy testing my Iman (euthanaisia, hormonal contraceptions etc.) and theywanted to know about my personal life, like my backgorund how I was bought up and things (I couldn't tell them this because it has nothing to do with them) at the edn they concluded that I need mental support, honestly I started to smile because of how arrogant someone can be whilst making such a statement.

Why does that conflict with Islam?

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Balboa View Post
                            Why does that conflict with Islam?
                            I agree with the brother above about this... You are there to help asist the patient with a decision, now the patient not you gives the consent so why is that a problem with your religion? As aadil says keep ur head down do your work and inshallah when you have qualified then you can make your own decisions about you work because you will be accountable for your own actions then.

All healthcare workers have the code but personally i swallowed a few issues i had at uni and alhumdullilah i came out the other end a better person.... come off it you must have studied evolution at a-level??? did u not answer that question in the exam paper cos it goes against ur beliefs? What i'm getting at here is unless you are totally destroying ur imaan then going along with something without agreeing to it is not a destruction of ur faith.... remember this allah(swt) put you on that course for a reason..if it is not right for you then you can simply leave....
                            Smile... It might just make someones day!

Comment

I was genuinly confused, actually. I wasn't implying he was wrong. I just wanted to know what exactly conflicts with Islam in his proffession. :scratch:

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X