Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will you be embarassed (esp. non muslims) ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will you be embarassed (esp. non muslims) ?

Ok so I know that in India the Thobe fashion is not popular. Muslims are looked down here as poor and low class - atleast in Mumbai.

Well, I am a teenager who only likes Thobe now. i just hate pant and shirt. Should I feel ashamed of wearing it in india or canada where i constantly get the feeling of ashamefulness and embarassment?

Non Muslims living in the west: Would you be embarassed if you went to a 5-star or whatever and wherever with a Thobe guy.
    Reported by Ibn al-Salah:

ولقد أحسن الحسن بن أبي زياد اللؤلؤي صاحب أبي حنيفة فيما بلغنا عنه أنه استفتي في مسألة فأخطأ فيها ولم يعرف الذي أفتاه فاكترى مناديا فنادى أن الحسن بن أبي زياد استفتي يوم كذا وكذا في مسألة فأخطأ فمن كان أفتاه الحسن بن أبي زياد بشيء فليرجع إليه
    فلبث أياما لا يفتي حتى وجد صاحب الفتوى فأعلمه أنه أخطأ وإن الصواب كذا وكذا والله أعلم

Re: Will you be embarassed (esp. non muslims) ?

Yeah they are dumb last year I went jummah wearing a thobe (in India) and everyone was looking at me like I'm a alien from space lol, BTW they all wear lungees which always falls down when I ever I try to wear it lol..

http://s14.postimg.org/v1lw1cm69/ummahanim.gif
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/akh_fuaadh

Comment

We call lungis macawiis in Somali. Those are classic clothing for men.
      وَإِذَا سَأَلَكَ عِبَادِي عَنِّي فَإِنِّي قَرِيبٌ أُجِيبُ دَعْوَةَ الدَّاعِ إِذَا دَعَانِ فَلْيَسْتَجِيبُواْ لِي وَلْيُؤْمِنُواْ بِي لَعَلَّهُمْ يَرْشُدُونَ
      "And when My servants ask you (O Muhammad concerning Me, then answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright."
      Surah al-Baqarah ayah 186
      [2:186]

.:.
      .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
      Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

Comment

I went to a 5 start hotel in uk in a thobe. I think london is so diverse you can get away with wearing anything.

Comment

I went to a dance club in a Salwar Kameez.

But then again, I was doing jola with the Tabligh Jamaat
          Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuaadh View Post
            Yeah they are dumb last year I went jummah wearing a thobe (in India) and everyone was looking at me like I'm a alien from space lol, BTW they all wear lungees which always falls down when I ever I try to wear it lol..

lol i hate india cuz of the status of muslims here

ولقد أحسن الحسن بن أبي زياد اللؤلؤي صاحب أبي حنيفة فيما بلغنا عنه أنه استفتي في مسألة فأخطأ فيها ولم يعرف الذي أفتاه فاكترى مناديا فنادى أن الحسن بن أبي زياد استفتي يوم كذا وكذا في مسألة فأخطأ فمن كان أفتاه الحسن بن أبي زياد بشيء فليرجع إليه
            فلبث أياما لا يفتي حتى وجد صاحب الفتوى فأعلمه أنه أخطأ وإن الصواب كذا وكذا والله أعلم

Comment

Originally posted by aG123 View Post
              I went to a 5 start hotel in uk in a thobe. I think london is so diverse you can get away with wearing anything.
              same here but it was in amreeka and China

thobe doesnt look priest or pope type that people stay away from us.

Comment

Thobe is cool...it's like having a fist-long beard.
                I don't wear thobes often, but I will insha Allah to revive at least for myself this sunnah of Prophet SAW.
                But the thobe is like having a fist-long beard...at first you do notice people staring at you and whatnot, but you learn to ignore it and forget you have a beard or thobe and it becomes natural.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2o7d8e6Ovbs
                黒い涙 流す
                私には何もなくて 悲しすぎて
                言葉にさえならなくて

Comment

man worse is when niqaabis are outside

i feel sorry for them

Comment

Depends where you live, where I live loads of muslims are comfortable walking out in busy public areas in bright white thobes and full niqaab outfits, they shop in highstreet shops just like everyone else without getting much attention

I wanted to buy a white thobe just for this hot weather so I could wear it to uni

He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
                    www.QuranicAudio.com
                    www.Quran.com

Comment

Working...
                    X