Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Row Row Row Your Boat

Salaams

Are Rowing machine any good for exercise, what exactly are they used for? Is it a cardio thing or exercise for the arms?

Re: Row Row Row Your Boat

cardio mostly and a bit of arms and back

He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
    www.QuranicAudio.com
    www.Quran.com

Comment

Infact scrap that I found out what it does, apparently it's not cardio.

Comment

it's cardio, you won't grow using them.

Comment

:wswrwb:

Gently down the stream merrily merrily merrily merrily life is but a dream

Do real rowing
          (The hypocrites) will call the believers: "Were we not with you?" The believers will reply: "Yes! But you led yourselves into temptations, you looked forward for our destruction; you doubted (in Faith); and you were deceived by false desires, till the Command of Allah came to pass. And the chief deceiver (Satan) deceived you in respect of Allah."57:14

Comment

Its supposed to be really good form of exercise it works your whole body, like swimming
            By the morning brightness and by the night when it grows still, your Lord has not forsaken you [Prophet], nor does He hate you, and the future will be better for you than the past; your Lord is sure to give you so much that you will be well satisfied.

Comment

looooooooooooooooooool i remember that Nursery Rhyme ( Row, row, row your boat Gently Down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ........blah blah blah)

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Balboa View Post
                it's cardio, you won't grow using them.
                Merci Buckets

Originally posted by 1MuslimByChoice View Post

Do real rowing
                I did when I was in the scouts. It was all ruba dub dub back then and canoeing is amazing :)

Comment

Originally posted by islam4u2 View Post
                  Infact scrap that I found out what it does, apparently it's not cardio.

rowing is excellent cardio. twice a week i use one for tabata training, really good cardio workout.

There are two kinds of pride, both good and bad. 'Good pride' represents our dignity and self-respect. 'Bad pride' is the deadly sin of superiority that reeks of conceit and arrogance.

Comment

Think it works your lats quite well.. Not sure though.
                    SPREAD OF EVIL
                    ZIONISM
                    BOLLYWOOD

Comment

Originally posted by -MA- View Post
                      Think it works your lats quite well.. Not sure though.
                      if you pull with your lats (like a low pulley row) youll get a bit of a pump but i doubt it would build any noticable muscle mass. probably tone you up though.

There are two kinds of pride, both good and bad. 'Good pride' represents our dignity and self-respect. 'Bad pride' is the deadly sin of superiority that reeks of conceit and arrogance.

Comment

Originally posted by 1MuslimByChoice View Post

Do real rowing
                        I thought it was if you see a crocodile dont forget to scream ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :fairy:
                        You so got told the boring laa di daa version. lol

to OP,

back straight, knees bent, exhale. < applies to most excercises :)
                        "Verily Allah does not look to your appearance or wealth, but he looks to your hearts and your deeds." [Sahih Muslim, Vol. 4, #6221]

Comment

Working...
                        X