Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foster Care

:salams

Narrated Sahl: Allah's Apostle said, "I and the one who looks after an orphan will be like this in Paradise," showing his middle and index fingers and separating them.
    Sahih Al-Bukhari 63:224
    So what process does a Muslim have to do foster/adopt an orphan?
    http://i47.tinypic.com/do8kmw.jpg

Re: Foster Care

I don't see how there is a different system for muslims? You'd have to do it according to the laws of the country you're in?

Comment

Islamically,You basically take your dead uncle,aunt, sister, brother or any other person's orphaned child and take care of them, put them under your wing. Basically give them a family. treat them well, very well. Do not use their wealth, from inheritance or otherwise if any, apart for that which is good, e.g investing on their behalf or to pay for some of their needs.

Different countries have different adoption procedures. In the west it’s not that easy, in Indonesia it was very easy but after the tsunami but due to fears of human trafficking etc, it became a bit tighter, in sub-Saharan Africa it’s much easier(as long as you are not Madonna with the hullabaloo)

Check with the relevant authorities in your country for more information. A social worker or lawyer should be able to help further. Sorry I’m neither
      Last edited by Abuaafiyah; 12-07-10, 07:27 PM.

[Alhamdulillahi rabbil3aalamyin

Comment

So is one restricted to take someone in care if they like in UK? What about caring for children from Middle East?

Comment

ya akhi: the Home Office recognises the adoption procedure of some countries and not of others. If you wanna adopt/foster a child from abroad you need to speak with an immigration expert first to find out whether the Home Office would accept it as a legitimate process. I heard from someone that they don't recognise a foster/adoption from Pakistan, depends on the country I think.
          Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Comment

Originally posted by Medievalist View Post
            ya akhi: the Home Office recognises the adoption procedure of some countries and not of others. If you wanna adopt/foster a child from abroad you need to speak with an immigration expert first to find out whether the Home Office would accept it as a legitimate process. I heard from someone that they don't recognise a foster/adoption from Pakistan, depends on the country I think.
            :jkk:

Comment

also, if you want to foster in the UK you have to take all these training sessions now, so it will be like 3 months or more before you can even foster.
              "The successful marriage is not when you can live in peace with each other, but when you can't live in peace without each other."
              Friends of Al Aqsa

Comment

there is a muslim foster agency in the uk, they pay you to take in muslim children and care for them, so for anyone who has the room its an excellent idea to assist muslim kids who need a home with other muslims.

http://www.fostercarelink.com/index.htm

http://www.fostercarelink.com/socialworker.htm

http://www.fostercarelink.com/howtoapply.htm
                Last edited by *asiya*; 30-07-10, 12:11 PM.
                "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Originally posted by *asiya* View Post
                  there is a muslim foster agency in the uk ( but i cant remember the name of it!) they pay you to take in muslim children, so for anyone who has the room its an excellent idea to assist muslim kids who need a home with other muslims.
                  really sis? do you know if this is only based in London or if it is nationwide? because I do remember seeing something a year ago but it was limited to london only
                  "The successful marriage is not when you can live in peace with each other, but when you can't live in peace without each other."
                  Friends of Al Aqsa

Comment

Originally posted by aurorascopic View Post
                    really sis? do you know if this is only based in London or if it is nationwide? because I do remember seeing something a year ago but it was limited to london only
                    i just read something on their website about needing foster carers in brum/midlands area too. write to them and check it out they may be connected with other agencies in the north insha Allah.
                    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

Comment

Originally posted by *asiya* View Post
                      i just read something on their website about needing foster carers in brum/midlands area too. write to them and check it out they may be connected with other agencies in the north insha Allah.
                      aa jazakallah khairan sis.
                      Friends of Al Aqsa

Comment

I found out a bit about this. You first need to speak to the adoption and fostering department of your local council. They carry out a home study and take it from there. If you wanna adopt from abroad even this is possible but complicated depending on which country and whether it's part of some Hague Treaty etc. There are some good websites on the net where you can find info. It costs more to adopt from abroad, eg you have to pay for home study which is a few grand and cover costs of adoption in other country etc but it is possible.
                        Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Comment

just checked the muslim agency- they don't do up north.

but anyway like med said, if you sign up with your local council/authority then they usually place 'matched' kids with your family- so, if there are any muslim children they'll probs put them with you, especially since there are like very few muslim foster carers. same goes with your ethnicity too.
                          Friends of Al Aqsa

Comment

ah ok i read this on their site

PLEASE NOTE: Applications are currently only being accepted from families in the Greater London area, including the boundaries of surrounding counties, and from the Midlands. If you live outside of these areas, you may call and register your interest, as we seek to operate in the North West of England in the future. We will get in touch with you when we are ready to accept a full application from you if you live in these areas, but please do get in touch as their is a dire need for foster carers.

so maybe u can ask if they know which dept to get in touch with at your local social services to apply to be foster carers.or even check your local directory u may be able to get in touch direct insha Allah

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

Comment

Working...
                            X