People can't handle truth

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People can't handle truth

This is a thing I thought of after contemplating on peoples attitude and perception. People really do want to know everything about anything in their dunya, but when it comes to their deen, they don't like the truth, because it hurts. They think the religion restricts them, so they give a deaf ear to it.

Then this Ayah came to mind.

أَمْ يَقُولُونَ بِهِ جِنَّةٌ بَلْ جَاءَهُمْ بِالْحَقِّ وَأَكْثَرُهُمْ لِلْحَقِّ كَارِهُونَ (70) وَلَوِ اتَّبَعَ الْحَقُّ أَهْوَاءَهُمْ لَفَسَدَتِ السَّمَوَاتُ وَالْأَرْضُ وَمَنْ فِيهِنَّ بَلْ أَتَيْنَاهُمْ بِذِكْرِهِمْ فَهُمْ عَنْ ذِكْرِهِمْ مُعْرِضُونَ (71) سورة المؤمنون

70. Or say they: There is madness in him? Nay, but he brought them the truth [i.e. TauhÓd: Worshipping All‚h Alone in all aspects, the Qur’‚n and the religion of Isl‚m], but most of them (the disbelievers) are averse to the truth.

71. And if the truth had been in accordance with their desires, verily, the heavens and the earth, and whosoever is therein would have been corrupted! Nay, We have brought them their reminder, but they turn away from their reminder.
    Surat Al-Mu'minun

islamway
    اللهم ارزقنا حُسن الخاتِمة

Re: People can't handle truth

:jkk:

True say, even so doubt this reminder will make many take heed too
    (The hypocrites) will call the believers: "Were we not with you?" The believers will reply: "Yes! But you led yourselves into temptations, you looked forward for our destruction; you doubted (in Faith); and you were deceived by false desires, till the Command of Allah came to pass. And the chief deceiver (Satan) deceived you in respect of Allah."57:14

Comment

I'll second that.

Comment

Very very true, people are in denial myself included because I think we have got to such a stage that if we feel unable to abandon our desires because we have grown to love it that we don't know how to cope without be it t.v. or whatever, I believe its this country that makes you feel dependency when I went saudi I didn't desire anything but the deen.
        By the morning brightness and by the night when it grows still, your Lord has not forsaken you [Prophet], nor does He hate you, and the future will be better for you than the past; your Lord is sure to give you so much that you will be well satisfied.

Comment

Sadly you are correct.

Comment

Working...
          X