Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A painful wish

My sibling told me this incident in the following way:

An old woman's children brought her to my office for check up, saying that she is not feeling well. Before I could say anything, the old woman who looked normal up till now, suddenly collapsed. When it was confirmed that she is dead, the children (who seemed above 20) started crying loudly saying, "Ohhh..this can't be true..Mom, at this moment you were so angry at us. How could you leave us without giving us a chance to make you happy and say sorry !!"

It was shocking news for me. I would try my best to translate the dua that I read in urdu:

"O'Allah! Before you take away a blessing from us, bless us with the wisdom, awareness and understanding to be able to realize the importance of that blessing, to be able to treasure the moments that we spend with it, to be able to thank you for blessing us with such a great blessing, to be able to utilize and enjoy our time with it, to our satisfaction. Before you take away the blessing from us..."

p.s. Just read the dua somewhere, it touched my heart. I have no source to prove its authenticity, and the translation might not be exact
    Last edited by Submit To Peace; 29-06-10, 12:47 AM.
    Read not to contradict and confute, not to believe and take for granted, not to find talk and discourse, but to weigh and consider. Inhale positive, exhale negative

Re: A painful wish

In real life, though some people dislike it, when the pleasure of their entertainment is disturbed with the mentioning of death, loss,...etc. But at times it is good to scare oneself a bit through imaginations of the glimpses of the future, that lies ahead. Also it is good to learn lessons from the examples we witness in our daily life. Just like a student motivates himself to work even more after he witnesses the pain that a failed student expresses.

A boy, nearly 7 years old, I met in the mosque few months ago. His father used to sit at one corner of the mosque with eyes closed. When I asked him the reason, he said that his father (now 40 years old) went to Afghanistan in 2001 for business. On his way back, there was a blast in a market. Since then his father has spent 9 years of his life without one hand and one foot. He can't see and can't hear.

But still I could hear him talking to Allah (swt) loudly, prasing and thanking HIM all the time, as if he is happy that no one disturbs him in day or night from his conversation with Allah (swt), not even sunlight. His wife has spent 9 years painfully, in doing everything he was suppose to do. But still she is thankful that he is still alive.
    Read not to contradict and confute, not to believe and take for granted, not to find talk and discourse, but to weigh and consider. Inhale positive, exhale negative

Comment

Working...
    X