Eyes are the doors to heart and soul

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eyes are the doors to heart and soul

Our eyes are doors to our mind and heart. Just like pollution and dust easily enters a room through its open doors, dirt of (revealing dresses of na-mehram) enters our mind and heart through our eyes if we don't protect them from immoral gaze. The more we allow this dirt to accumulate in our mind and heart through our eyes, the more our mind would fancy and imagine forbidden acts to satisfy our immoral desires and the more our heart would insist us to accomplish those desires (zina) fancied by our mind, in order to perform adultery.

No impure thing can enter heaven until purified by the fire of hell. The more the intensity of dirt in a body (through eyes, ears, tongue, hands, feet....etc.) the more "intensity" and "duration" of fire would be required to remove the intensity of dirt accumulated in the depths of our souls.

If we don't purify our eyes ourselves either through tears of repentance or through recitation of Quran...etc. then for our own benefit nature might decide to purify our body through illness, physical, mental and spiritual pains, disasters and calamities in this life, in order to reduce our punishment on the day of justice and judgment.

Let us restrain our eyes from all forbidden views and shed tears of repentance for past mistakes so that when we look into the mirror (after removing dirt from our eyes in the form of tears) we find sincere and blessed eyes seeking forgiveness, instead of the evil eyes with no feeling of guilt.

I might be totally wrong. Allah (swt) knows BEST!

May Allah (swt) bless us with the wisdom and strength to protect our eyes from forbidden acts.
    Read not to contradict and confute, not to believe and take for granted, not to find talk and discourse, but to weigh and consider. Inhale positive, exhale negative

Re: Eyes are the doors to heart and soul

:jkk:

Comment

they're actually called the windows to the soul. minor point though.

Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Comment

If a man doesn't like his sister, mother, daughter or wife to be stared at with a lustful gaze scanning their whole body, then he should also practically follow this deed. It is amazing that there are few people like me whose eyes become blood red and burn with anger when someone else looks at their wife, sister or daughter lustfully but the same eyes are filled with thirst of lust when looking at someone else's wife, sister, daughter...Good are the people who like for others what they like for themselves...because that is what justice demands. May people like me be guided to correct themselves and remove hypocrisy from their personality because out of the 7 levels of hell, the lowest level (Hawiya) with maximum intensity of punishment is for the hypocrites.

While me and my friend were walking on road, he seemed to have got glimpse of a woman passing by. He started talking about her body and stuff. This was not the first time he did it, but this time I couldn't ignore him because I also give him the right to correct my mistakes. Though I didn't see that woman, his selection of words for that woman could have easily boiled the blood of any person related to that woman. I politely asked him," If that woman's brother gives exactly the same remarks about your sister, how would you feel ?" (in other cases it could be wife, daughter, mother...etc.)

He was burned by anger," I would break his mouth, and he won't be able to see with those eyes again...blah blah.." I said," Please calm down and think that you just gave the same remarks about HIS sister, now if you believe in justice you shouldn't mind equal and opposite reaction"
        He had nothing to say. I cleared to him that my intentions were not to provoke him and hurt him, but to tell him that it would be a good motivation for sinful people like me to control their gaze.

If a below average Muslim like me wants to become "Mo'min" he should like for others what he likes for himself and vice versa.
        Read not to contradict and confute, not to believe and take for granted, not to find talk and discourse, but to weigh and consider. Inhale positive, exhale negative

Comment

Originally posted by Medievalist View Post
          they're actually called the windows to the soul. minor point though.

JazakAllah khair brother for the correction.

@x--x Wa iyyakum

Comment

Working...
          X