Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those untold Mercies

Asalamu alaykum,

This afternoon, as I was having one of the best watermelons I've had in quite a while, I remember being somewhat annoyed at the amount of pips there were.
    I resorted to just munching on those as well however tasteless they were.

I though for a moment and was quite moved at the ni'mah and blessings of Allah.
    There I was in the comfort of my home complaining about removing the pips and half way around the world Allah's Mercies manifest themselves in numerous ways.

Now, consider a watermelon or a melon for instance and try to enumerate the amount of pips they have. They're almost uncountable, aren't they?

Imagine being a farmer is South Africa or something planting your way and imagine there was only the one pip to a melon,chances are many of the seeds wouldn't grow to become plants and bear fruits.
    ..... do you get my point ?

The mercy Allah shows to the needs of that lone farmer in giving him a plentiful supply of seeds to grow, way more than needed, is amongst one of the untold mercies of Allah.

And as Allah, Most High, says :

“... if you were to try and count the favours of Allah, you could
    not enumerate them. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and
    Merciful.” Qur’an 16:18

What are those untold mercies you've thought of ... they're going to be limitless of course, but the ones you never think of until life presents them to you on a plate ( in my case, quite literally)?

wasalam
    'And when a thing for which you ask is slow to come,
    Then know that often through delay are gifts received'
    علي الحبشي

Re: Those untold Mercies

Asalaamu 3laikum,

JazakAllahu khairan for the thread. One of those untold mercies is SOCKS for me. I remember being in egypt and was annoyed that i coudln't find a pair of white socks, and had to make do with another colour, and then I see an old lady in the street with no socks or shoes..
    الحق لا يعرف بالرجال، اعرف الحق تعرف رجاله

Comment

Re: Those untold Mercies

:wswrwb:

JazakAllahu Khairun.

Water. Especially in this heat, how easy we have access to water and to be able to quench our thirst. The fact that it isn't salty subhanAllah boggles me. Its just perfect, and just what we need alhamdulilah.

See ye the water which ye drink?
      Do ye bring it down (in rain) from the cloud or do We?
      Were it Our Will, We could make it salt (and unpalatable): then why do ye not give thanks?

56:68-70
      (The hypocrites) will call the believers: "Were we not with you?" The believers will reply: "Yes! But you led yourselves into temptations, you looked forward for our destruction; you doubted (in Faith); and you were deceived by false desires, till the Command of Allah came to pass. And the chief deceiver (Satan) deceived you in respect of Allah."57:14

Comment

Working...
      X